Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

The Feedback Game

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

Okay we are gonna try something fun since I see forums for tips and feedback in the forums. I'm going to make an official one with prizes so here's how it'll work. You can all submit a design for feedback from members and then Sunday who ever have the highest ratings overall will get some extra points. Also some of the members who give the most helpful advice will get a little something as well.
How to give feedback: Make sure to mention the member and then any comments you have and a rating from 1 to 10 (10 being the best). If you'd like you can also name a price that you think is reasonable to sell their design for. This is just for fun and to give constructive criticism to help members, so nothing cruel and no fighting.

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:24 am; edited 3 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Feedback Game Comments

Re: The Feedback Game
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 am by Leandra

I'll start with myself since I made some new designs tonight :)
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:53 am by ManiacSmile

Leandra - 9.5/10
Wow, amazing!
I like how the dress is shaded and how it kind of has a gradient look or like a rose. The heels are fine, but I think there should be more of the dark purple from the dress into it. The hair is gorgeous. But there could be a different model to replace it. (there is a forum for free models)
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:46 am by Leandra

I also added makeup to the model and note that I did change the hair and shoes from their original colors for the outfit. Thank you! :)
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:09 am by angelinamc

I love the softness of the whole look. She is very beautiful. I love how the dress flows down so lovely.
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 pm by Renko

Leandra - 9.0-9.5
omg it looks so soft and flowy ;w; The colours are well put together, there is good texture, and the hair is amazing! The only thing I'd say is that some parts (like the bottom of the dress for instance,) seem to have a bit of "rough-cutting." (And it's not much of a problem! In fact, quite some fashions don't have very "perfect"-smooth cutting, so it's probably alright.) (Sorry if I sound picky ^^;) But as for the rest, it all looks GREAT! ^-^/

Also, are we going to be posting for feedback here? And even more, do we take turns or...?

EDIT: Also--what would you say is average pricing? xD I'm not good at pricing and I'm not sure what people find is "average" for certain things. Just a question! ^^;
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:31 pm by Leandra

Everyone post their fashions at anytime and for giving feedback to multiple members just do something like this to separate them.

Leandra: ...

Shio: ....
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:20 pm by Renko

@Leandra wrote:
Everyone post their fashions at anytime and for giving feedback to multiple members just do something like this to separate them.

Leandra: ...

Shio: ....
Ahh alright~ well I might post something later then ifIgetthecourageto =3
Post on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:32 pm by Shelli

Leandra: Perfect glamorous outfit. I agree that the dress is gorgeous with the soft and flowy look. The hair and shoes pair well with it.
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:04 pm by Renko

Okay, since has been silent for 2 days about I suppose I'll sorta bump it up with something of mine... (Yeah I know it's Sunday but all there is right now is Leandra's outfit so)

I made this since I decided my hair technique was rather crappy and I'm actually impressed with the change of technique. 
(WATERMARKED for the sake of protection (sinceimparanoidoftheftsometimes).:

Yes it's just hair deal with it
idkgoaheadandhateonitorsomething
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:49 pm by Pink

Leandra: 9/10
Your dress is so beautiful! I love the colors and the flow of the dress. I would just add a few more dark highlights to make the folds of the dress more noticeable.
I love the hair as well! It's very realistic and the curls look nice. I would just add some more shading on the little piece above the ear, before it tucks behind. Other than these things, I think your outfit looks amazing! c:

Shio: 5.5/10
I can see a big improvement in your hair! I would add some separate stray pieces of hair. As Soap said, hair isn't just one large piece. I would also make the darker shading more noticeable. However, I do like how you shaded the part in the hair, as well as the pieces of bangs (?) that you kinda like swept up towards the top of the hair, if you know what I mean lol.

Last edited by pinksparkles10 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:22 pm by Soap

under construction //

leandra; coming soon ~
shio;
The first thing that caught my eye is that it is very soft and blended, almost to the point where the shading is kind of.. gone.. especially at the top of the hair. Hair isn't just one THING - it's a bunch of individual things, and you need to show that.
On the other hand, the few highlights I can see are at the perfect hue. Maybe you could make a few of them brighter, but they still look wonderful. However, the shadows of the hair are all of the same value. At the part, the shadows should be superduperuper dark.. almost black. 
But otherwise, it looks lovely. And the color is gorgeous!
pink;
To make this easier on me, I'm going to divide your critique in 3 separate categories.

The Actual Lipstick Part [the pinkyred section]
There is veryyy little contrast here. The shadows are okay, but they could be darker, especially on the sides. But the main issue is that there are NO HIGHLIGHTS! Or, well.. if there are any, I can't see them. And you definitely need highlights on lipstick because lipstick is very shiny and gooey and slippery and liquidy. By the way it's shaded, it looks plush.. Not like a tube of lipstick.
In terms of shape, it looks pretty good. The thing is, on the left side, you made it curved on the outline and that's not how lipstick is shaped. It's a tube lipstick, so it should be a cylinder shape. The line on the left side is perfect, so just make the line of the right side parallel to that.

The Goldy Part
Okay, this section doesn't really need a lot of improvement. My only suggestion is to make the shape more symmetrical.

The Black Part
This part also needs more contrast. Just like the lipstick, this section is has lots of highlights in real life because as far as I know, the material would be this shiny plasticy stuff, so the highlights would be very easy to see and not that blended. If you click here and look at the black section, you can say what I'm talking about. So make the major highlight on the left side more extreme. Also, on the topic of shading, you used this big dark line on the right half of it, and the way it's blended makes it seem like it's creased and akwardly shaped, not as a cylinder/tube.

Overall
Just add more contrast and make the shape more symmetrical. It's looking good so far!
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:00 pm by Leandra

I'm going to extend this to next friday since not many have submitted yet. Everyone feel free to add designs for more feedback :)

Shio: 8/10 I really like the look of it and that you transitioned some of the edges out finely. Maybe a bit more shading with dark and light in some spots to accentuate the strands more. I'd probably pay 100 for your hair :)

Pink: 8.5/10 The shading and look is very pretty and mostly I'd say just work on a few of the edges like at the top it seems to be cut off a bit. Also I think you could use really light highlights on the red lipstick itself to make it seem shiny. I would pay probably 80 for it (since I'm not really sure where I'd use it maybe in my boutique)
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:07 pm by angelinamc

Ok this is what I submitted for the New York Challenge.
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:55 pm by Soap

angelinamc;
I'm also going to divide this critique by category.

Hair
The shape is simply stunning! I think there could be more contrast with the shading, but I can see why it would be hard to have a lot of variety with the shading because the color is so light. The only thing I would do is add more shadows near the part.

Model
There's nothing I would improve on this. Maybe add some more highlights on the hand? But I can't think of anything else to add.

Jacket
THIS IS AMAZING
It looks sooo real. When I say that I wouldn't change anything about it I mean it.

Skirt
It loos great, but I would add some more shading. I suggest adding some dark wrinkles from the top of the skirt because the jacket creates tension on the skirt, and maybe some more highlights. 

Leggings
These need a lot more shading, but it's not main priority because leggings are a minor part of the outfit, ya' know?
Try adding some more highlights, and some wrinkles at the knees.

Bag
This looks reallly great. Just add some more shading on the sides to add more depth. Otherwise, the wrinkles and everything is perfect.

Shoes
These look amazing! So much detail.
All I would add is more shading - there's very little shading contrast.

Overall
This outfit is great in every way - I love all the details! All the colors work so well with eachother.

Is the jacket for sale?
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 pm by Pink

Thanks everybody! :)
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 pm by angelinamc

Thank you Soap.:-). Oh sure I can sell the jacket.
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:58 pm by FloraBlossom

kinda scared to get trashed by it but whatever

It's my first furniture piece so please don't just completely trash it <3
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:04 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

The shade on the middle and bottom are good. I'd watch the cut to get it really smooth edged. There is a few points and the top shade could be darker and have folds in.

Either the top part needs to be taller or the bottom shorter and one side of the top edge is higher than the other one. Oh and don't you think the pillow is a bit tiny? Although the pattern looks really pretty, and love the green colour and I love the seat cushion bit you sit on. They look comfy.

sorry to be picky... only trying to help.
Great effort just a few tweaks and it be perfect.

I give you a rate of 7
Post on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:46 pm by Soap

@angelinamc wrote:
I'll buy for any price~
Post on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm by angelinamc

@Soap wrote:
@angelinamc wrote:
I'll buy for any price~

OH SOAP I don't know I'm not good at pricing things you pick a price and do you want me to fit it to the HD Models?
Post on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:46 pm by Soap

@angelinamc wrote:
@Soap wrote:
@angelinamc wrote:
I'll buy for any price~

OH SOAP I don't know I'm not good at pricing things you pick a price and do you want me to fit it to the HD Models?
Regular model is fine~
Is 150 a good price?
Post on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:48 pm by angelinamc

That's fine i'll put it in the reserves for you thank you:)
Post on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm by Renko

Bleck, never got back to this thead @~@;

Thank you everyone for the feedback!
Post on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:35 pm by Tammy

Yayy
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion