Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

The Feedback Game

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 199

Okay we are gonna try something fun since I see forums for tips and feedback in the forums. I'm going to make an official one with prizes so here's how it'll work. You can all submit a design for feedback from members and then Sunday who ever have the highest ratings overall will get some extra points. Also some of the members who give the most helpful advice will get a little something as well.
How to give feedback: Make sure to mention the member and then any comments you have and a rating from 1 to 10 (10 being the best). If you'd like you can also name a price that you think is reasonable to sell their design for. This is just for fun and to give constructive criticism to help members, so nothing cruel and no fighting.

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:24 am; edited 3 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Feedback Game Comments

Re: The Feedback Game
Post on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:01 am by angelinamc

Tammy I love your chair makes me want to sit in it and curl up with a blanket and some hot coco and a book. I give it a 10 it's so cute and I love the details u put into it and the soft colors. It just puts a smile on my face lol had to say that because of the smile on it. lol
Post on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:31 pm by Leandra

Angelinamc: 10/10 Such upscale innovative designs as always I love that entire outfit and really can't think of much improvements! For the whole outfit I'd give about 500-700 points :)

Flora: 8/10 Beautiful and I love the color, the shading is good but maybe add some light shading to it. Also I'd say to work on the edges to smooth them out with the eraser or polygonal lasso tool. I'd give 100 for your couch :)

Tammy: 10/10 Wonderful I love the look it's very realistic and clean lined. I would give 250 for your chair!
Post on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am by thanna

Post on Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:09 pm by Tammy

Thanna: 8/10
I really like this outfit! The colors are great and I love the top's pattern. The shading is good in general but the edges are kinda sharp and jagged? You could probably the eraser tool on full opacity and flow and just erase away until the edges look nice and smooth.
Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 am by thanna

Thanks Tammy.I really feel I need help with shading and which tools.That helps!
Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:41 pm by Leandra

Thanna: 8/10 Lovely gown it looks so glamorous with the hat. I really love the color combinations and textures. My feedback would be to watch the edges seeming to harsh, make sure they are smoothed a bit. I'd give 400 points for your outfit :)

Conclusion: Everyone gave very helpful tips sooooo I'll give you each 100 points for helping out others. As for the highest rated fashions, it goes to Angelinamc and Tammy who will each get an extra 100 points!
Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:17 pm by Fresno559

Ok I'll give this a try Only the outfit is done by me, the Betty page model and wig is by Angelinamc. As you can see I'm into steampunk. I cheated on the blouse ok got lazy and used the top of a dress I made while back.  But really worked hard the the corset and skirt and boots.
Post on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm by Leandra

10/10 It is after the part where Id usually give points but your design is stunning. I love the details and textures that you have in this outfit! I would actually love to buy this if you are willing to say it just name your price :)
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:36 am by Fresno559

Thx Leandra I sent it to you.
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 pm by FloraBlossom

@fresno559 this looks perfect, there really doesn't seem like anything to change, except I see a very slight smudge on the shoe heel :) Great job! 9.8/10
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:09 pm by angelinamc

I love steampunk and thanks for selling me those boots Fresno. 10/10 for this outfit. You really have improved in your designing skills. She needs goggles lol Really love this.

Last edited by angelinamc on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled goggles lol I put googles:))
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm by Fresno559

Thx Flora and Angelinamc and glad you liked the boots.
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:00 pm by angelinamc

Your welcome Frez:)
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 pm by CandaceCupcake

Have I improved and am I doing better?
The following images are my very first designs:

These are my newer designs:

So what are your thoughts?
Am I doing good?
(The coat was an experiment to see if I could do one, so that is my very first coat.)
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:27 pm by angelinamc

CandaceCupcake I give your designs 10/10 because they are lovely and you have improved a lot. I love the jacket. your cuts on your designs look real clean.
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm by CandaceCupcake

Thank you so much angelinamc! It means alot coming from you because you are so good at designing. :)
Post on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:44 pm by phantom

Is it too late to join in? If not I'll critique CandaceCupcake:

1st Design: Great work on this coat. I love the belt. However the buttons kind of stand out too much from the coat's shading. Also, instead of making the ends of the sleeves/collar/bottom of coat completely straight lines, curve them to make it look more realistic. I'd also suggest adding a few wrinkles.

2nd Design: Wow, this design looks great! The shading is fantastic and the curves don't have any sharp edges. However, I would be careful when using pure black on any fashion, because dark shading does not appear on pure black, and makes it look flat.

3rd Design: You have a great cut on this design too, but the bottom of the shirt is very flat, and makes it look unrealistic. There also isn't much shading on this one, and the dark shading is very light and hard to notice.

Overall: The designs are a bit bland, don't be afraid to add in some color! The ends of the designs (like the end of the sleeves and the collar, etc.) are straight and would look a bit better curved. But you have definitely improved a lot and the designs are great. I would give you a 7/10. :)
Post on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:52 am by angelinamc

Your very welcome CandaceCupcake:)
Post on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:08 am by angelinamc

Just wondering how many times can we do this?
Post on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:46 pm by Shelli

I guess that you can still post designs to get feedback. But Leandra wouldn't give points from what I understand in her last post.
Post on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 pm by angelinamc

Thank you Shelli I was just asking in case new ones wanted to know how many times we are allowed to post our designs for feedback:)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion