Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Businesses & Other New Features

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

After about a week of work on our newest feature, businesses are now available. With a business you can create a profile with collections, stores, samples, and more. You can promote your business, create a logo, and even turn it into a society store! To see more information you can find the Business page under the Agency tab. You'll also notice that a few of the pages have been moved around on the menu to make room for this new addition. The University has now been moved to the Office tab for those of you who need help. With the new businesses there is also a special logo pack that is free to download on the business page. You can use it for creating your own logo or even site avatar. We also have another small addition to the Society Reader where you can now leave your comments! This week I will be choosing the new artists/writers as well so you can all look for that post. Leave your feedback and any questions you might have :)

Update: Businesses now become society stores based on the amount of points made for selling samples. They will gain a society store if they can sell enough to total 5,000 points. Those of you with businesses that have already sold items will still have theirs based on the number of samples sold for their current collection. When they start a new collection theirs will revert over to this new method.

Last edited by Leandra on Wed May 07, 2014 1:15 pm; edited 4 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Businesses & Other New Features Comments

Re: Businesses & Other New Features
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:29 pm by angelinamc

I read the info on this Business feature and it does sound interesting, but you mention that if one buys this for 500pts but then isn't on for three months ...then their business will be removed now if that person comes back on and wants to renew it, do they have to pay another 500pts?

Also can one be in two different buisnesses? Just asking.

Oh and I do love that we can now leave comments on the Society Reader page thank you:)
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:38 pm by Leandra

A member can only be in one business for now since if they were able to do more than one that may make things more complicated. As for if a member comes back and wants to renew it and the business was closed because they were the only owner then yes they would have to start all over. If there are other members who still are doing the business then they just have to pay the 500 points to be added as an owner to it again.
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:52 pm by angelinamc

Oh okay thank you.
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 pm by Shelli

That's a good question about renewing, Angelinamc. When a business is started, can the owner(s) add on other partners and they will pay the 500 points. 

Can't wait to see who the new Writers and Artists. :)
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:22 pm by Leandra

Yes if they want to add other owners they can either contact me or just use the business application to add the member under the same business name. Also I need opinions on a change on the home, I added an area that shows the users boutique, yes or no? any changes to it?
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:41 pm by angelinamc

I love that we can see our boutiques o the home page I can get to it quicker and make edits faster since i'm always changing my btq. thank you.
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm by Jazzy

All the new features are incredible!
Post on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 pm by Leandra

Update: I've also added another section that shows the 6 most recent fashions in your personal gallery, with links. This will hopefully encourage the use of personal galleries, hope you all like this :)
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:28 pm by mykelbe

Leandra wrote:
Update: I've also added another section that shows the 6 most recent fashions in your personal gallery, with links. This will hopefully encourage the use of personal galleries, hope you all like this :)
Absolutely great additions!!
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:50 pm by Renko

Woah, awesome!!! ^-^/ Love the new features so far! Hoping I might be able to get into the Businesses thing soon (perhaps) :3
Post on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:35 pm by angelinamc

I really love that I can see what's in my gallery:) thank u again:)
Post on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:59 pm by angelinamc

Just wondering about the businesses, where do we look for ones businesses will it be on their btq page or will there be a link to ones businesses on the homepage? I'm just curious.
Post on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:56 pm by Leandra

I havent figured out where to link their business I may make an extra field. Also the obvious itll be on the business page itself with links to the owners.
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:26 am by angelinamc

Even though I did not sign up to be in that business competition I did read the rules and so forth and I noticed it mentioned ----To qualify for a society store, ones collection must either sell atleast 20 samples, sell samples to 10 different members, or win a business competition.  Just wondering about the business competition? are you going to throw other business competitions? I was just a little confused on that?

Just wanted to remind ones 2 it was brought to my attention from someone that is in this business competition. When you update your business btq before doing that you really need to re-read on the business page under PROFILE-- here i'll just put it in here it says----
Once you make your collection you can add it to your business profile. To update your business profile with a store, logo, samples, or description you can simply fill out the business application again. Note that each time you update this info there will be a 100 point charge.

And please don't forget to check these businesses out on the business page under the word Shop, help these ones out in this competition by BUYING their awesome designs:)

Last edited by angelinamc on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added somethings)
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:59 pm by Leandra

All current business owners were updated about the change with the 100 point charge, but it's good to alert future business owners too. Also yes I've been busy but will be adding business competitions very soon :)
Post on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:36 pm by Renko

Leandra wrote:
All current business owners were updated about the change with the 100 point charge, but it's good to alert future business owners too.

Ah, good to receive the notice (in the process of putting my business together at this time). Thanks for the heads up, Angel, Leandra!
Post on Wed May 07, 2014 1:09 pm by Leandra

Businesses now become society stores based on the amount of points made for selling samples. They will gain a society store if they can sell enough to total 5,000 points. Those of you with businesses that have already sold items will still have theirs based on the number of samples sold for their current collection. When they start a new collection theirs will revert over to this new method.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion