Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Auction House Debate

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

I've noticed that the Auction House isn't as active as it used to be and it is probably the bigger part of my maintenance every week. Since it is becoming less used and we are now adding new features like businesses, I wasn't sure if the Auction House should stay. Now I'm giving everyone a chance to voice their opinions and ideas to either support or oppose this issue. My solution would be to remove the auction house and link the business in its place since it's a source for members to buy designs. Then to fill the void of having a way to sell designs with bidding to the highest price possible, I would create auction events. Basically once every month there would be an auction even with members submitted items and it would last for one day. We also have forums where members try to price fashions and could even try to negotiate with several members on prices and then reserve it for the one they choose. So what do you all think, vote in the poll and voice your comments!

Last edited by Leandra on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Should the Auction House stay?
Yes
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
No
56%
 56% [ 5 ]
Maybe
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Auction House Debate Comments

Re: Auction House Debate
Post on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:03 pm by 誰gymo

I like the idea of replacing the auction house with the business link instead. Also, I like the idea of putting up one auction each month, but how many designs will someone be able to put into the auction? Will we only have a limit of one, or a couple? Also, you would have to remind people each month when the auction will be and advertise it every so often so that people remember. I hope that the auction house will at least stick around for a day or two in a month (maybe like for two days in a row like a convention, like say Sat-Sun?).
Post on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:17 pm by Leandra

I already made up some invites incase and they would work the same as the envelope invites on the home. It would be up one week in advance for members to submit their fashions and yes Id probably limit to one fashion per member unless we were short on fashions for that auction. It would last all day saturdays like now but itd be more of an event thats advertised on the home for a week and then up on the home that whole day.
Post on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:37 pm by Tammy

I like the idea of having auctions only one like once a month but only one per person? I don't know like for the entire month you can only "officially" auction off one item unless there are just a few items. And yeah I kinda agree with gymo that the auction should stick around for at least two days. Mainly because some people might be gone on that specific saturday and they will miss the only auction for that entire month. It just seems a little unfair and if it had two days each auction could last instead of like 10 minutes it would go on for 30 which would give a little extra time for people to bid until the limit or whatever the prices ends up as.
Post on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm by phantom

I agree that the auction feature should be removed. The monthly auction sounds like a better idea. Besides, even if someone wanted another auction during that month, I've seen many people do personal auctions in their "Your Designs" thread. But I also agree that the monthly auction should be at least two days long. :)
Post on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:19 pm by Leandra

Alright Ill see about making it a weekend long thing for Saturday and Sunday
Post on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:41 am by FloraBlossom

I'm with Gymo, a lot of Saturdays (weekend woo) I am out and so I either really only get to auction in the morning so maybe extend it over the weekend? and I think that advertising it more would be good too!
But I mean like I think making an "Auction House" section in the forums would also be fun because then any member can just make a topic with their designs and the starting price and then members can just look through the forum for the auctions~ just an idea though :)
Post on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:24 am by BellasStore

I think that maybe once or twice a month there should be an auction as you said. If the auction house is taking up too much time and effort and it's not worth it, remove it :)
Post on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:28 pm by Jazzy

I think we should go back to the old auction house in the forums (like flora said) and also have the once a month one on a Saturday and Sunday
Post on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 pm by Leandra

I'll leave this open a little longer but it looks like most everyone is in agreement on this. After the auction ends today, the auction house will not be on the menu anymore. The business link will be moved to the Shop tab and then University will go back to the Agency tab to even things out. You'll then see a small popup area about the auctions that will appear on the home for one week every month before the auction and then Saturday and Sunday there will be a link to the auction house. I will also see about a section for auctioning/pricing fashions.
Post on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:03 pm by Shelli

In my opinion, those changes are great for the site.
Post on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:17 pm by Pink

I really liked the auction house, but I agree with Flora about having an auction house forum instead. Yes lol flora there was a forum for that a while ago xD

I liked that we were able to auction anything off at any time and the bids got high too.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion