Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

New Gallery Price Ranges

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 197

To help us raise prices a bit on gallery fashions, I am making a few new rules for us all. Since many of you have several thousand points and only spend around 100 or less on designs, I think we need to up the prices a bit. Now this may be temporary, but it will hopefully give us more room for giving more for the designs that are worth so much. Minimum to sell for: 100 points Maximum to sell for: 5,000 points Now this is the first ever minimum and it may change eventually but this is here for now. I also raised the maximum since many fashions could be worth that much. Thoughts or concerns, feedback on this? There has also been a slight change on the businesses, when in a group the owners get the sample sale price divided by the number of owners. For example, if you have a business with 2 owners and they sell a sample for 500 points, they'll each get 250 points plus the 10% giving them each 275 points.

Last edited by Leandra on Sun May 04, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

New Gallery Price Ranges Comments

Re: New Gallery Price Ranges
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:02 pm by angelinamc

That's a great idea, but for me I personally just can't sell things that high, there are ones that will buy some of the things i make for 100 or a little more but that is very rare, i have tried putting items that I have taken a long time to design and selling them for over a hundred and well I end up either taking it out of the Gallery or lowering and then lowering it again to point that i'm giving it away. But really I often feel bad pricing my things high, I rather price them low so that others can sell it if they want. but again there are those who should sell there items at the maximum prices since their designs are amazing and deserve getting the highest amount that they can get.

But ones like me do we still have a choice to sell our items lower than 100pts? Because at times I like selling things at 1 pt to help new ones out.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:05 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I think we could price things how shops in malls etc do it. Then if you're starting out you can price things cheaper to gain points and experience in designing. Or if you are a high sort after designer like desert for example (even though there are more) it's like you're a designer label and people would pay thousands for designs....
Or

Some quickly made fashions like a plain top would for me to buy it be cheaper than 100 (what you suggested minimum price to be). Then an intricate patterned design (for example) would be a bigger price.
You wouldn't pay £/$ 100 For a plain tee in a shop would you?

I hope you understand that I'm not judging your idea and new running of the gallery.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:06 pm by Chloe

I think you're missing the point here.

If everyone prices under 100, nobodys points will EVER be fully spent. The new ranges are a good thing.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 pm by angelinamc

I agree with you Chloe all i'm saying is that many times I have a difficult time selling things at 10 or 20pts. I even had things for sale that were 100pts but when it has been  in the gallery a litlle over a week or more, then I lower it and if it still doesn't sale then like i mentioned before I lower it again then finally I end up at times just taking it out of the gallery.  
I don't consider myself a top designer but I can design ok I guess, but it is sometimes depressing for me to see that ones at times aren't interested in buying my designs. I know there are probably others who feel the same.  To be honest I don't feel that my designs are worth 100pts or more and there is no way my items will be worth maximum prices. lol that would be nice but I don't see that happening anytime soon lol
all I want to know is... can ones like me still be able to price our items the prices that we feel that they are worth?  I'm speaking for myself I don't feel comfortable selling my designs at high prices only when ones ask to buy my things at the price they ask then I feel that they really like what I have made and are willing to pay 100 or more.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:44 pm by Pink

I completely agree with you Angelina. New members will never be able to buy things with this and now with most of the point rewards gone, points are hard to come by. I do like the new limit of 5,000 though.

Also, some of my designs I feel aren't good enough to sell for 100 and like Angelina I have trouble pricing anything that high if I don't believe is like my favorite design and end up lowering my prices in my gallery. Also, I liked giving stuff out for free in my gallery so that my designs weren't spread out to everyone but only those few who were able to "buy" it.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:36 pm by Renko

I agree with Pink and Angelinamc. I remember quite a few times that I put things in my gallery and not one thing sold. It was a bit disappointing--especially for things that took me much longer than other things. I'm pretty bad at designing (imo) and if something doesn't sell for 10 then what're the chances that it's going to sell for 100? Not to mention I'd feel wrong to sell a somewhat simple t-shirt at the price of whopping 100.

And then there's the problem for new members. If I'm right, new members start with 50 points (or did that change?). That means they'd have to do whatever just to get 50 more points to buy something perhaps as small as a t-shirt? That doesn't sound too fun, because after that they've just spent everything they've got. Not to mention, getting points is "harder" than it once was, and not everyone's fashions get bought, meaning the new member has to improve a lot (unless they were good at the start,) just for it to be "worthy of even being glanced at."

I'm not saying everyone new sucks, and everyone sucks at the start, I'm just saying that I've browsed over many fashions before that were months old and were still there, with some that were even pretty cheap, but still no one bought them. But I'm not saying that we should buy out of sympathy either! I'm simply stating that it would seem that only the best of fashions get purchased, which pushes down the others.

idk if anyone will care for this but erm just thought to put it out there.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:53 pm by Leandra

This is mostly a tactic to help raise the average prices for selling designs, like you said angelina most your stuff goes for very low. It really needs to be raised up more to help balance the amount of points have and the amount they spend. Right now there is a large surplus of points that members can't ever spend and it just makes the fashions lose their value. Also if you all get my point I want to raise it to where 100 isn't a lot for a fashion, so you shouldn't feel bad about selling something for that. I want to raise the average prices to sell things for so that it matches the thousands of points we have. Many of you have designs that should be sold for higher but don't because of the averages are really low compared to points you all have. An example is that Ive bought probably 100 or more designs and only spent about 6,000 in total, that's only 60 points for a design and most of these are all super amazing designs that should be worth like 1k. Also to compare I have like 40,000 points currently and I've only spent about 6,000 since the start of the site which really gives me a large amount of points that I have nothing to do with them. I know that Im the owner so of course I've made a lot of points over time but this is occurring with many members. If this continues it just makes the points lose their value and the reasons to try to gain more points. If someone has a dress for 5,000 points that you really want to buy, then you have to try to earn points to strive for something. If you can just buy every thing you want then it loses the fun of trying to earn it. I hope you all get what I'm saying but basically prices need to be higher for things.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:56 pm by Leandra

P.S. As for new members it isn't that difficult to earn points quickly. There are many things they can do like challenges, contests, posting and making friends, and then good old fashioned designing! Designing should be the main way to help earn points, that is the actual point of this. Their designs may not start out great but if they work on getting better then they can sell it for more points and then they will feel they've really earned it. Many could just make random posts and earn points pretty quickly, enough to buy most any designs they want to, which isn't really right. Just like on girlsense you started with 500 points and then if you want to make more you have to design and sell stuff.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:00 pm by Tammy

Yes but with the new minimum amount then 100 wouldn't even be considered a whole lot guys. I mean we all have at least like 1000 points. On the new members then I would say instead of starting off with 50 then it should be i don't know 200. I actually buy a whole bunch of new members things in hope that they won't feel discouraged, but I think they think that no-one is buying their stuff because nothing is telling them about their item being sold.
but I guess that's on another topic.

I posted this right after you leandra so I probably repeated something woops
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:02 pm by Chloe

It wasn't exactly meant to be a debate..

Last edited by Chloe on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:09 pm by angelinamc

I"m so Sorry I wasn't trying to make this into a debate, believe me i'm not trying to stir up any problems. I was just asking a question, but I understand now. Thank you Leandra. Again forgive me for stating how I feel.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:12 pm by Shelli

It is followed by thoughts or concerns, feedback on this? But ok.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:12 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

@chloe I think you're missing my point

I mean if it's a really simple item it would priced say 33 points but if it a detailed coat it would be 200 or more points.
If a top had a design on it rather than one colour the price would go up (a graphic tee).

I'm saying it depends on the detail of the design and quality of the artwork to make the price higher or lower.
Yeah I know this is about how people can get more points but, in my opinion sometimes a basic item isn't worth 100 points. Not saying it bad at all.

Plus if everything was high prices then new members wouldn't be able to afford them for a long time.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:13 pm by Chloe

New members can earn over a 100 points just by posting on the reward forums, so your point is invalid.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:18 pm by Tammy

@art
But then again gaining points is pretty easy. Like we have all these challenges,posting, awards and well selling items. And if someone priced something at per say 100 then the new member would only have to gain an additional 50 points which isn't so hard. So since the new minimum is 100 100 won't even be that big of a price anymore. Leandra just wants to keep ds "economy" in shape and going like how it is supposed to be instead of members just piling on 1000's of points without having something to spend it on.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:28 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Maybe make other things able to be bought with the points like content like fabrics or maybe pay people to teach them to design for a while or more creative features other than different designs.

What would help is trying to work on getting more people to buy the fashions OR different ways of using the items...

e.g. Contests on creating he best outfit with items made by others.
Or team contests where each person does a different item of the outfit like one creates the top and another the footwear etc.

Only ideas to think about.
If more people found things to do with the fashions they might be more willing to get a larger wardrobe of ds designs.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:34 pm by Chloe

itsprettysimple

Last edited by Chloe on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Everything has room for improvement and Leandra put "for now"...which suggests in the future it could change, Meaning it's flexable and she asked for our feedback.
We're only answering her question.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:10 pm by Jazzy

Okay think of it as this? 100 is like the new zero.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:13 pm by Renko

@Jazzy wrote:
Okay think of it as this? 100 is like the new zero.
Oh yes that was FAAAAB-you-lus-ly put! Just take the fancy "10" out of the "100" and you get 0! =P *lol*

I'm sorry I'm trying to brighten the mood
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:28 pm by Chloe

why is this so heated lol

sigh
stop being so passionate about ur points
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 pm by Leandra

It doesn't need to be a debate, I do want opinions and feedback though just as long as no one gets into a whole big thing. Basically it's like in a government there are have to be certain things in place to help balance out the differences in classes. We need to balance out the amount of points people have and what they spend so that they feel like points are really worth earning, instead of just collecting dust. Very simple and this is a transition to make 100 like the new basic price so hopefully everyones prices will start to go up so that they are worth something again.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:57 pm by phantom

I think this new idea has both it's benefits and it's problems.

Yes, new members have to get 50 more points to get the lowest-priced fashion in the gallery, but they only have to sell one design at it's lowest price to get 150 points! I feel that many people will be selling their designs at the lowest price (100 points) because they feel their designs aren't worth even that much. Even then, if they only sold 5 designs at their lowest price, they would already have 500 more points. While people will be buying more designs, the other people will be getting more and more points than they used to. Buying expensive designs will decrease your points, but that will all go to waste if they just earn a ton more by selling.

I have a suggestion. Think of the bank in the board game "Monopoly." When people pay to the bank, the money doesn't go to any of the players, but it does get taken away from the player who paid. There should be more things that are paid to the "bank" on DS. Maybe a specific gallery section that people can donate to, where people can buy designs, but the points don't go to the member who created them... instead they just go back to the points total.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 pm by Tammy

@phantom even if people did only sell their items at 100 it wouldn't make this random uproar of like 10000000000000 points to the entire system it wouldn't even really matter if it did do that. Like other sites people are able to gain credits and they just keep circling because it just doesn't really matter how they end up you know what I mean? The points we earn and buy with just keep circlating and like what would be the point of "donating" them back to the site? I mean they couldn't buy a new program or something so if you get what I mean.

Like guys lets just accept that there is a new minimum of 100 points in the gallery.
I mean they are only virtual points guys

Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion