Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

New Gallery Price Ranges

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

To help us raise prices a bit on gallery fashions, I am making a few new rules for us all. Since many of you have several thousand points and only spend around 100 or less on designs, I think we need to up the prices a bit. Now this may be temporary, but it will hopefully give us more room for giving more for the designs that are worth so much. Minimum to sell for: 100 points Maximum to sell for: 5,000 points Now this is the first ever minimum and it may change eventually but this is here for now. I also raised the maximum since many fashions could be worth that much. Thoughts or concerns, feedback on this? There has also been a slight change on the businesses, when in a group the owners get the sample sale price divided by the number of owners. For example, if you have a business with 2 owners and they sell a sample for 500 points, they'll each get 250 points plus the 10% giving them each 275 points.

Last edited by Leandra on Sun May 04, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

New Gallery Price Ranges Comments

Re: New Gallery Price Ranges
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 pm by ManiacSmile

@phantom wrote:
I think this new idea has both it's benefits and it's problems.

I agree about this also... new members might take a while for them to gain 100 points and perhaps they wanted to buy others designs also, but they can't afford it. Also, maybe the design being sold shouldn't even cost as much.
Example: Lipstick = 100 points????
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 pm by Tammy

but guys if the new minimum is 100 then that is super cheap in the eyes of the new system.
Post on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:42 pm by phantom

@Jazzy wrote:
Okay think of it as this? 100 is like the new zero.

just going to requote this
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:18 am by Pink

Yes it can be difficult for new members to sell but as jazz said think of it as the new zero. If you're selling things at 100, that means that you'll have more points to buy with to balance it out. Sell 10 fashion, bam, 1000 points. Now you can buy 10 more. If you think about it now, it's just another point system that's the same but on a higher scale. I actually think it's a good think after thinking about it.
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 am by Chloe

I VOTE FOR MAKING EVERYBODYS POINTS BACK TO 1000

bc im satan apparently
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 am by FloraBlossom

SO I'LL GO UPDATE MY THINGS IN THE GALLERY THAT NO ONE WILL BUY TO 100 WOO

lol, anywaay, I think this maybe good for a little while, but yeah :) I can't wait to see how it works out!
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:18 am by ArtisticBiscuit

Or put a 1 infront of their original price?
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 am by FloraBlossom

And my question is, like you said the minimum is 100, but if someone makes a little necklace that should only be like 35 max, do we have to price it 100?
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 am by mykelbe

Buying is the point. Price isn't the only key. It is important to create incentives to buy. For some strange reason we enjoy reaching goals and are willing to work to get them even if the reward is as simple as a medal. It doesn't cost anything but it strokes the ego. Having something to work for! Notice how sales jumped when Leandra offered her buying challenge etc. Make people want to buy even at 100 points. When things sell everyone wins! lion 
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:00 am by phantom

Yes Flora, you literally cannot price things under 100 points in the gallery anymore.
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:43 pm by 誰gymo

Can someone tell me what will even be worth 5000 points though? Other than maybe a top designer's design?

Anyways, I do like the fact of raising prices.
Post on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:07 pm by angelinamc

lol your Things Gymo are worth that, anything Desert makes and Shellie, Leandra, Sonjas the list goes on. :) That is definitely worth paying 5,000 for:)
Post on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:30 pm by 誰gymo

Makes sense I guess, but to me it would have to be like... Special made or something, I don't think I can go buy a 5k pair of shoes or purse or accessory. Small, simple things I can't see buying for THAT much.
Post on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm by phantom

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 5,000-priced designs will be like top designers gowns and such.
Post on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:03 pm by Leandra

Also Custom Central Designers I've added a 1 to the front of any designs under 100 points. If you'd like to change them simply resend the form with just the prices and your name :)
Post on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:28 pm by milbeyful

i think that 100 is too much , usually if you price your creations higher then 500 or even 100 ,there is a little chance that somebody will buy it, even  if items are worthing the price, however to sell a fashion takes time and patience
Post on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:40 pm by Shelli

Even though the new price ranges are already in effect, I agree with you Milbeyful. I believe Leandra made this decision to strengthen the points value. Since there are more points being earned over being spent. This shouldn't effect the current users that have decent to excessive points. But I can see that it could be problem for new starter users. We have so many new users but they are rarely active. Unless, she can set it back to zero and enforce the second currency (Diamonds) that she was thinking about introducing.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion