Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Second Currency Debate

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

I'm thinking about adding a second way to earn and spend. This currency would be much more rare and take more work to earn, but would give great rewards. For example, you would be able to get special fashions, features, and more with this new currency. There would be many ways to earn like certain awards and special contests. You could also convert points to this new currency. The purpose would be to help members with more points gain an interest to earn this new currency and to add an extra way to get special things. Yes or no, vote now!

Last edited by Leandra on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we have a second currency?
Yes
33%
 33% [ 6 ]
No
39%
 39% [ 7 ]
Maybe
28%
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Second Currency Debate Comments

Re: Second Currency Debate
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:34 pm by phantom

Yeah I agree... a design would have to be pretty amazing for me to spend 10,000 points on it.
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:56 pm by Leandra

1. Diamonds would be for more than just really special fashions, that was just one of the examples among others that include special features and perks.
2. I agree on incentives to buying fashions, there is an award for buying a certain amount. Also they don't just have to collect dust on your computer, you can use them for your boutique which could also get featured on the home if you submit it and you can add to your profile. I'll see about other things to use them for though as well, that's also why reselling is now allowed in the gallery, which used to be completely forbidden.(Gives members a chance to make profit based on trying to gain interest on a fashion they think is worth more).
3. Buying from the site does give benefits such as the exclusive award and sometimes I offer other perks like last month gave free customs with purchases.
4. Some of you are saying about these being too rare or not rare enough, but remember that I'd be managing how it is setup and regulate how much is earned.
-I'm going to start by changing a few prices on bank features and future society stores to help regulate members with lots of points. If that doesn't work then I'll either see about other options if anyone has suggestions. Or Ill add the diamonds system and you can all try and see how you like it. If it isn't liked then I can always remove it too.
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:23 pm by Chloe

1. 10k for a diamond is ridiculous basically
2. Getting put on the home is not really that special because everyone knows eachother and srsly the award caps at 25 fashions which i could buy in an hour
3. an exclusive award doesnt earn you much but sets you back like 10 dollars if you want 10,000 points like no
4. nothing is really rare here because everyone is friends
5. like seriously 90% of people here disagree so why are we still discussing it
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:24 pm by Chloe

and also like whats the point starting a debate if you're already trying to sway our decisions and make it anyway what
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 pm by Tammy

So your basically going to ignore that fact that most of us have already disagreed to this? If we disagree to it now then once its up and running we are probably going to disagree with it again.

letsberealhere
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:32 pm by Leandra

Did you even read my whole post? I said I wasn't going to unless down the road these suggested fixes don't work. It's a debate not a fight here. I'm just trying to get opinions on it, I could still do it if I chose to but I'm not just ignoring you all, instead I'm trying your ideas first. Also if these ways don't work and I tried it and you all got to try it in action, you may actually change your mind and that's why the debate would be open on it still.
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:53 pm by Desert

Omg why is everyone getting so heated about this. Jeezz.
And i don't even see what would be so wrong with this so eh
I'm totally fine with it as long as you dont have to pay like real money for it so
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:17 pm by Renko

Desert wrote:
I'm totally fine with it as long as you dont have to pay like real money for it so
^ I suppose I'll go ahead and second that; as long as this doesn't turn into a "membership" thing or a "cash for play" thing, I don't think it'll rip DS down the middle...
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:24 pm by Leandra

It wouldn't be, I've always maintained saying that the site will always be free without any restrictions that require purchases.
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:52 pm by apparel

um ok im new here but here is some stuff im thinking
so since a lot of this site and gs are so very similar it helps to look at how the gs economy system became stable to try to see how we can improve ds's economy (at least imo)
gs, at least in my perspective, got a lot of people spending because many of the people who sold things at max (many max+) were very very very popular
so lets take a designer here like um.... desert (? idk shes extremely talented and seems quite popular on here from what ive seen in forums) and look at the prices, even though her fashions are exellent and really well made, she prices a lot below the max
why?
(well other than desert probably being really really kind) i think it has to do with demand
if desert level quality fashions were made on gs then they would easily be max+, but because ds has a lot less users than gs so peoples fashions sure are wanted, but not by millions like gs
this isn't to say that ds fashions are worse than gs (actually i think on average their a lot better) i just think that because of the absence on really active users on ds, not a lot of people feel the need to bid too much on items since you're probably going to be bidding against about 10 people vs how on ds you were bidding against 100s (even more expecially on popular boutiques when they have bids)
like on ds not as many people buy fashions like on gs, like others have said, even active people dont buy very much
ok so um in conclusion i think its more the amount of users on ds than pricing that is causing the economy un-balence but thats just my opinion
(sorry if this makes no sense im a horrible writer)
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm by phantom

Yeah but it's not as easy to get a bunch of members as it is to change the prices of designs.
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm by mykelbe

I agree with so much of what apparel said. This site is so very new and is doing extremely well. gs was running for years. Time will bring more members and the designs made today will be in demand and go for higher prices. Think about all the early designs on gs that became 'must haves'. This is exciting and patience will pay off. It's good to iron out wrinkles before our number skyrocket! I have faith!
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 pm by Tammy

I wouldn't have commented if I didn't read what you put? I wasn't making an argument, that was my opinion so I stuck to it. But I guess I get what your saying? I'll be willing to try it I guess but maybe lower the thing of 10,000 to 1 to maybe 5,000 aka not many of us have that many points to convert.
Post on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm by phantom

Well a lot of you are all like "omg 10,000 per diamond no." I do agree that 10,000 for one design is a bit outrageous, but you'll also be able to earn these diamonds with contests and such.
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:12 am by Chloe

why is nobody sticking to their original opinion
are ya'll intimidated or something like phantom you were originally against it but now you like it

and obviously i read the post thats why i addressed all of the points?

if it aint broke dont fix it

Last edited by Chloe on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed #byefelicia gif)
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 am by Leandra

It's being drastic to make it like they're loving it when they just agree and disagree on some points. It has nothing to do with intimidation and more with knowing more about the feature and some of its perks. Also points aren't broken but they are losing value so we need to find solutions. All this funny from someone who said they liked it when I told them before anyone else. (Especially when she was even helping me pick names for it) Just a chance to see other ideas for fixing this too let's not get harsh with others.
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:11 pm by phantom

I like some things about it and I don't like some things about it. Do I need to completely like or dislike it? Not all things are completely "yes" or "no". I'm just saying what I think of it.
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm by Renko

Chloe wrote:
why is nobody sticking to their original opinion

I do still stand at my "original opinion."
I still do think that 10K is outrageous.
Saying that "as long as this site doesn't become a cash-thing" doesn't really change how I feel about "10K = 1 Diamond."

Tammy wrote:
I'll be willing to try it I guess but maybe lower the thing of 10,000 to 1 to maybe 5,000 aka not many of us have that many points to convert.
^ That, maybe? ^^;
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:11 pm by Guest

this is maybe idea ok u should think bout wat ur doing cuz right now it is seems like ur making it vip sorta like other sites ok think bout that ok
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:35 pm by angelinamc

Well I wasn't going to comment on this, I don't like controversy:( But what I can see is that this is only a trial thing if it doesn't work out like Leandra says it will be deleted. And what I can also see is that we don't have to exchange our points over to this new currency if we don't want to. Like Leandra said we can earn this new currency we don't have to pay real money to get them. Anyone can earn them. It's just away to buy specialty items. Again if doesn't work it will be done away with. She isn't taking away the point system. She just wants to add another currency to me it's like in any other game we can earn different things that can help us either level up or get more privileges. We all have the opportunity to earn these diamonds,  it wouldn't mean that one is higher than others it just means that we worked hard in this game to earn them just as with the points we can all earn them if again we put effort and follow the instructions given to us to how we can gain points as well as awards.
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm by Chloe

Leandra I wasn't trying to be like super rude and I did agree with the idea but I don't agree the whole 10k for one diamond or excusive designs for people is a good idea because its super duperly complicated and probably wouldnt be used that much and I don't see why you had to say "all this from someone" and trying to make me out as a hypocrite. I also didn't agree with the fact that in your post you said "i'll do it anyway and remove it if you don't like it." Like some people  sitll won't like it then. Tammy said negative things too but you didn't address her or give her shit about it.
"All this funny from someone who said they liked it when I told them before anyone else (Especially when she was helping me pick names for it" Obviously i'm going to say I like the idea because you are the OWNER OF THE SITE i wouldnt be like "omg thats the worst idea ever" because I consider your friend. Maybe I shouldn't have said I liked it but I did actually like it initally. You made me sound like a * and then you told me not to be "harsh."

Just because we talked about it for 4 seconds doesn't mean I was totally up for the idea.

Last edited by Chloe on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm by Guest

i agree wit chloe n everyone should respec her ok be nice to clo
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:09 pm by Chloe

thanks weird processed potato person (who i thought was desert but probably isnt)
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:11 pm by Guest

trien 2 help u out ok
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:20 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Everyone should treat everyone the same regardless of what they've done in the past or who they are.

(p.s. Desert and Fries were seen online together talking on chat I don't think they're the same).

Anyway about the new currency...if the price of them was lowered it would be better...say to about 2,000 points. Maybe people could wait and see if works out even if you don't like it, you have to be apart of the new currency. Just like you don't have to have a business.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion