Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Second Currency Debate

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

I'm thinking about adding a second way to earn and spend. This currency would be much more rare and take more work to earn, but would give great rewards. For example, you would be able to get special fashions, features, and more with this new currency. There would be many ways to earn like certain awards and special contests. You could also convert points to this new currency. The purpose would be to help members with more points gain an interest to earn this new currency and to add an extra way to get special things. Yes or no, vote now!

Last edited by Leandra on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should we have a second currency?
Yes
33%
 33% [ 6 ]
No
39%
 39% [ 7 ]
Maybe
28%
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Second Currency Debate Comments

Re: Second Currency Debate
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23 pm by Guest

4 chloe ok http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/40/81/0d/40810d5b2518a51e10a88312f8f9e610.jpg
Post on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 pm by Fresno559

I voted yes.
Post on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 am by Chloe

@ArtisticBiscuit wrote:
Everyone should treat everyone the same regardless of what they've done in the past or who they are.

lol ok well nobody treats me the same regardless of what ive done in the past so no
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:22 am by Guest

i was ok thinking bout dis da other day ok wow ok maybe we shuld do dis idea cuz more ppl wuld do someting on dis site like fo more stuff 2 do n i think it culd interst more ppl 2 da site ok cuz lots of site have stuff similar n lots of ppl actually like it ok wow ok
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:52 am by Leandra

Thanks for reopening this fries I still think its a good idea and you may be right about it giving extra interest. So what do you all think??!
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:58 am by ArtisticBiscuit

I don't think a second currency is needed. It would confuse people.

Plus with the lack of spending on points at the moment it wouldn't hit off that well right now...if people picked up spending points then it could work out.
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:59 am by Guest

yw Leandra ok i think it wuld b good but culd use a little tweak in how it all goes down ok but thx fo liking my idea ok wow ok thx ok
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:06 pm by Shelli

I think it will add another element of excitement on the site. I agree with fries, other sites that I've visited have a second currency.  I'm in favor of having a second currency.
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:07 pm by Leandra

The original point was to help with the points system to gain value again. I think if its set like i said where they could exchange points for this then theyd be using points for something again. Kinda like on stardoll they have starcoins and stardollars, but youd be able to switch back and forth if you wanted without the crazy superstar membership stuff. Itd basically work like their stardollars do which basically there are less of them but they have a higher value and take more work to earn.
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:10 pm by Guest

do other sites like have it so u have 2 ok trade in for reg currency 2 get special money or wat ok pls say ok thx ok
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 pm by Leandra

Well on Stardoll they have it set you can swap out the currencies, but you have to have a superstar(paid) account. Basically with this you'd be able to turn points into (w-e i name this currency) and anyone could do it since we are fair about everyone getting all the site features.
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:16 pm by Guest

ok cool ok but can it not b dat much pts ok 2 trade dem out ok how bout make it all reasonble ok dat wuld b cool thx ok luv dis idea ok we culd call it diamonds ok
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:24 pm by Shelli

I thought Diamonds was going to be the name for the second currency.
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:16 pm by angelinamc

oooh Diamonds I love Diamonds. lol I was wondering if this Diamond/second currency was going to happen? I loved it when Stardoll let us exchange our Starcoins for Stardollars, boy was I upset when they took that feature away. I think that having that option will motivate ones to want to find ways to earn points so that they could exchange them for Diamonds. :)
Post on Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 pm by Leandra

Exactly angelinamc and yeah Diamond was the original name i had for it but if anyone thinks of other names too just comment :)
Post on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:34 pm by Tammy

I think I disagreed with this the first time but I might be changing my mind however what would the second currency even be used for? Like extra materials or Society Store items? because that's what I would do?? It would obviously have more benefits for the site including like an actual profit if people buy the diamonds but what would the like conversion amount even be? I mean a lot of people haven't been buying like loads recently so the whole points thing has been somewhat neutral tbh.
Post on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:53 pm by angelinamc

That's true ones aren't really buying that much that's one of the main reasons why I hardly put anything up of mine for sale, i finally put some makeup for sale usually i'll give it a week and if it don't sale I remove it. It is discouraging when ones don't buy I understand that, it took me months to even attempt to put something up to sale, but I know there are a lot of new ones even ones that have been on here for sometime that haven't earned that many points, don't know if they don't know how to or not motivated to want to earn points, we know that it is easy to earn them, I was hoping that maybe make it possible let say ones can earn points by logging in everyday for like lets say 10 or 15 days straight and they can earn maybe 40pts or 20pts and each time they log in for every 10 or 15 days they can earn points. I know Leandra has made many ways for ones to earn points but I still don't think a lot of these new ones understand how they can. But logging in is something I notice that these ones do, not sure what they are doing, I don't see much of them post any comments or do any chatting, but there has to be something to get them motivated, maybe just maybe this second currency will get them motivated. Maybe with this new currency ones can buy special privileges like being featured in the Society Reader, or even buying a page to put their designs in or btq or something like that. Maybe also this 2nd currency ones can buy lets say specialty items from the top designers. All I know is there are ones that do need that extra help to earn points. All we can do is give this a try who knows it might work out. this second currency though has to be eye catchy it has to really bling that will appeal to us all to make us really WANT it lol
Post on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 pm by angelinamc

I just noticed I wrote a book, sorry about that.
Post on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:17 pm by Shelli

No problem, Angelina. Is it ok, if I called you Angelina? Just asked out respect. I agree with everything you said. I like the idea of logging in daily and earning a couple points. Especially the with prices ranges starting at 100 points, new members will need help. There will be could a problem of people taking advantage of this and creating multiple accounts, just to rack up points. The daily log in for points, Leandra would need to find a generator that can do that. Is this compatible for it? I do notice since the Point change purchases aren't as frequent as they were before. I remember, that people would buy and see things really cheap. That was for under 100 points. But maybe with this new currency, the Point range can go back to 0 and 5000 still the max. I understand why it had to change but it kind of caused a cease in purchases. Leandra could hold ask for design ideas for the Diamond and pick the best one. Or she could do it herself.  Also figure out the convert from Points to Diamonds.
Post on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:37 am by Leandra

I'd say the converting might be like 1,000 points for a diamond or something like that. As for the gallery I have been trying to get transactions up so the next step may be removing that 100point minimum. Id still leave the 5k max though. I agree on the whole points for logging in but the whole coding part of that im not sure if i could do, if i somehow can get really advanced and find a way to even make the points editable then ill see about it. Right now points can only be changed from my admin panel and no where on the site directly. I've thought about making it like regular profile fields so that it can be edited right from profiles and such, but I'm not sure... Also if I did that members would start out with no points again or id have to like go through our active members and transfer the info over for everyone. You can all kinda tell me what you think of that part, but it may open some other possibilities with the points. Anyways I will figure out the whole diamonds system but Ill be sure to make it very flashy and itll have plenty of uses dont worry(i have like a billion ideas for special stuff buy).
Post on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:19 am by ArtisticBiscuit

should have a cute diamond icon to go with them...
Post on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:22 am by ArtisticBiscuit

Or some items could be like 4,000 points or 2 diamonds
Post on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 am by Guest

wow ok can ppl jus calm down bout dis topic or wat ok i think its good idea ok wow ok
Post on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 am by angelinamc

Angelina is fine, thank you:) Don't get me wrong Fries, i'm all for the 2nd currency I was just agreeing with Tammy about that hardly anyone buys from the Galleries. And that there are still new ones that quite don't understand how to earn points, I did notice though that there are some new ones that have been designing and trying to sell them but again no one is buying. In the past I bought a lot of the new ones items to help them out, . The problem though some of these new ones designs is that they aren't png, They still haven't learned how to save their designs correctly I have been trying to write to them about it and directing them to the help section and the videos. Well what i'm trying to say is there are new ones trying to make some effort  to earn points by selling. But again that is an issue ones aren't buying and new ones can't sell what they are designing so they can't buy because they aren't making any points. But it's good to know that the 100pts will be removed, hope that helps.    But again I am all for the 2nd currency. I'm not debating or arguing about that, I just wanted to bring out that problem about the galleries and the new ones that they need help. Take a look at the Gallery and there is a little over 30 members trying to sell their items and most of them are new ones.
Post on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:05 pm by Guest

Angelinamc ok ur a tru hero of dis site ok u r so nice 2 help new ppl out ok wow ok u deserve gold metal ok n gold crowns ok n ya ok i agree w/ u ok so dont worry ok thx ok
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion