Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

The Boutique Creator: Now Available!

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

It took awhile, but the boutique creator is finally finished! After months of work, it is to the point of being released. With the new boutique creator you can access tons of furniture and items to decorate a boutique. You can move, re-size, and even choose colors for many new materials. As well you can add all your own fashions/furniture and create rich stylish text! Soon to come will be our packs that offer more exclusive content with different themes and society store items. Above is just one example of the many boutiques that can be created with the new boutique creator.
I've added the new boutique creator to the Studio Central page, you can click the keys to access it. I've also added a Fullscreen link at the bottom for easier use on different screen sizes, if you have trouble I recommend zooming out a little bit.

Loading: Until I can add a loading feature, please wait until the page has fully loaded before using the boutique creator, since some of the images may not appear otherwise. A quick way to tell everything is loaded is if you click the "Add Text" button on the menu and wait for the # hex color areas to change from white to color.

Important: Right now I have one main coding issue that I'm in the process of working out, but would delay the creator from being released for about a month. So instead of making you all wait, I've decided to add some work arounds for the time being. Until fixed, please follow these steps to save your boutique depending on the browser you use. It is recommended that you test this before using the boutique creator the first time.

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox: You can use all the features including the furniture tabs. Once you are done, you can right click on the boutique to save it.

Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera: For the time being, you can't use the images from the furniture tabs only, but you can upload all your own pictures/furniture and use the other features. Once you are finished, you can click the "Save" button on the main menu. For those of you who can't use the furniture tabs, here is the download:
Boutique Content    

If any of you experience other issues please let me know right away since I'm still in the process of adding new features and working on errors. For more help and step by step on how it works, see the "Help" button on the boutique creator main menu.
Hope you all enjoy the new Boutique Creator everyone!    

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

The Boutique Creator: Now Available! Comments

Re: The Boutique Creator: Now Available!
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:28 am by Guest

dis is da bes ok thx so much Leandra ok + ok da btq create does go on fine 4 me ok dat was Fresno who asked u dat ? on chat ok thx ok luv it ok wow ok
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:54 am by angelinamc

It looks wonderful, but it's not working for me, I did follow the instructions and it doesn't do anything.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:04 pm by Leandra

Well could you tell me what browser and operating system you use? Also in specific what isn't working like the saving or images or something else?
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:09 pm by angelinamc

I"m using Chrome, I see the images fine except some of the wallpaper ones aren't showing like 9 of them, but all the other images are fine. What's not working is that when I click and drag what I want it doesn't show up I did follow the instructions but i'm not getting anything to show up in that big white box.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:05 pm by Leandra

Hmm well the best i can think is maybe it wasn't fully loaded. Maybe try going to fullscreen itll take you to a new tab and then close the other one. After that just wait till the page has finished loading and try the trick above about waiting till the colors in the text options load. After that they should show up, if you have an issue after that could you also try adding your own picture and see if that works. Let me know after that if its still not working
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:13 pm by Leandra

I ended up setting it to a new tab automatically because I noticed it sometimes doesn't seem to want to fully load in the studio page, then they don't want to work...
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:37 pm by angelinamc

Ok, and I did try adding my own pic but that didn't work either. but I'll try the fullscreen. thank you:)
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm by angelinamc

oh i'm so frustrated it's just not working for me, It's probably my computer grrr I want to use this so bad. oh well, i'm going to log out and hopefully try again later.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:04 pm by Leandra

Alright well maybe just check that your browser is up to date and Ill try to look into it
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 pm by Soap

the same thing is happening to me, angelinamc ;\
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 pm by xarielnoelx

Yeah, I have Mozilla and I cannot do anything. All but like 5 of the wallpapers are loading, but I cannot one) change the color of the furniture, two) click or drag any furniture/wallpapers to the screen, three) add my own pictures. I know that it's new so there are bugs and all. Just letting you know the problems that I had, and it's not just them.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:19 pm by Leandra

Agh alright everything still appears fine for me and I tested all the browsers but Ill look into trying it on a different computer, possibly may have to reupload the images if thats what might be causing stuff to not work. Im gonna work on it tonight and then if I cant get the images to work right Ill see about setting it a little differently for the time being.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:34 pm by Leandra

Okay so I changed the code around a bit, but the furniture tab images may or may not work so please let me know if things are better now? All the other features like uploading pics should at least work.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 pm by angelinamc

Sorry but it's still not working for me, and I did update my browser.
Post on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:12 pm by Leandra

Hmm well do you have javascript and popups enabled? I'm really stumped because I set it so that the uploading and stuff should work whether the other images load or not.
Post on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:09 am by angelinamc

Yes I did:) It's still not working, but now I can add my own images just can't use the btq creator items:( But at least it's letting me do something now before I couldn't do anything at all.
Post on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 am by Leandra

Alright I figured that may happen, I have to re-upload the images once I figure out how to make my own server anyways so maybe then they'll all work for you. It may take me some time but after that it'll also fix the saving feature for everyone as well. For now I guess you'll have to download the boutique content I linked above and on the boutique creator menu, sorry about that.
Post on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:45 am by angelinamc

Ok :) well today I can now add text and put my own pics. So now it's two things the btq creator is letting me do:) I did download that, thank you. I'm just happy that somethings are working for me now:)
Post on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:25 pm by Jazzy

Leandra it looks amazing!!! Thank you so much for creating this :)
Post on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm by Shelli

I did have similar problems earlier. But it is working fine now. I do have a problem with the saving part. When I click save, nothing happens. Other than that, it works and looks great. Thanks. :)
Post on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 pm by Leandra

Yeah the save button doesn't work if you use pictures from the furniture tab so if you aren't using chrome or firefox then you have to just upload the ones you want yourself. If you have chrome or mozilla firefox you should be able to right click the boutique and theres a save image as option (check before you make a boutique to make sure)
Post on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:15 pm by Leandra

I made a boutique creator tutorial that goes through the process of making a boutique. Hopefully it'll help everyone with getting started using it and also be able to see how everything is supposed to function. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcq-732Sp-s
Post on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:33 pm by Shelli

Thanks for the tutorial.
Post on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:52 pm by mykelbe

first btq editor attempt. Yikes

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion