Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

The New & Improved

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

New & Improved:The new look is up and running for everyone to enjoy! The new and improved DS now has an updated grid style look, with things more simplified. The main features are still here but a few things have changed and new features in replacement for removed stuff. Everything is accessible from the home, I'll also be adding small excerpts so you can get a quicky look at stuff such as blog posts and trending fashions. We now have a simple system that basically offers designing, exploring/showcasing, shopping, and socializing. The studio and shop have stayed the same for now along with the features in them. Explore lets you look through and show off fashions, boutiques, and outfits. From those categories you can look at other members posts or show off your own stuff. Taking advantage of the new grid style, you can post an image right at the top of your post and it'll show up on the main grid. So overtime we will have grids full of fashions, boutiques, and outfits. Ingenious idea right? lol Thank you it was the best solution I could think of to simplify things! Society now offers contests, members, and talking. Talk just offers another grid style blog system so you can all chat about what you want. The Blogs are self explanatory and help showcase elite and my blog.

Diamonds: We have a new experience system finally! It makes things easier than worrying about awards. While they were fun to earn, they were really hard for our team to try to keep track of. Diamonds can be earned by getting likes when you post items in the explore section. Diamonds work as a 'like' system and no one loses them, ever. So all you have to do is post fashions, boutiques, and outfits then if members like them you'll get a diamond for each like. All of that is automatic(yay) and on the post you'll be able to see how many diamonds it has earned. Now it's a two way street here, you should explore and like other members posts and socialize with them. Then the more likely they are to return the favor! For this system to work it's essential that members use it. So all you have to do is look around and when you click on a post you'll see a big "Like Post" button with a diamond at the top and bottom of the original post. So if you really like their fashions, outfits, boutiques then you should like so they can earn a diamond! You can see your number of diamonds on the sidebar menu now as well as on your profile and posts. Diamonds will be used as experience to earn different ranks. I haven't worked that all out yet, but as soon as I do I'll update this post. Diamonds will also be used to earn you lots of perks like free fashions from society stores and more(basically like points but not spendable)!

Sum Up Diamonds:
-Like members posts so they get diamonds
-Get likes on your posts to earn diamonds
-Diamonds earn you new ranks
-Diamonds earn you extra perks and free stuff
-Diamonds can only go up like experience

Now to move onto the other new changes, I'll make a quick list.
New Additions:
-Explore pages refresh every 5minutes when you're on it
-Explore pages update automatically as soon as a new post is added
-New Diamond System!
-Changed overall site colors, adding sea foam green
-Post notification images changed to "!" when unread post
-Back to Top button changed to 2 arrows far to the right side
-Back to Top button added to explore pages
-Awards system removed
-New Rank system based off of Diamonds

One last note... Monthly featured items will be added to the home as the image for Fashions, Boutiques, and Outfits. No special entry needed, I'll choose them from the explore pages. So even more incentive to post your designs, they might be chosen for the home!
Any questions or comments on the new and improved, just leave them below!
Note: Here is a picture of how the website should appear. If there are any issues with yours please let me know so I can fix them!
Example:

Update: Diamond likes now have a counter that shows how many likes that post has gotten. This only appears after you like it, or if you're the poster it'll show right away.
I've also added a tagging system so you can tag users and they'll receive a notification! It's super easy just use an @ with their username. Example: @Leandra
If you have a username with a space or special characters, you must add " " After the @ and at the end of the name ( See Example Code Below )
Example:
Code:
@"ange tuteur"
Code:
@"Empire_1"
Note: Usernames with hashtags won't work.

Last edited by Leandra on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The New & Improved Comments

Re: The New & Improved
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 am by Leandra

Also if there are any specific topics anyone would like moved over just link them to me in a PM. You can still access the forums here to check for any you want added to the new setup: http://www.designerssociety.net/forum Note this is for a limited time, in the next week or so I'll be setting it so that this page redirects you to the new home instead.
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 am by Guest

This is going to take me lots of time to get used to but it doesn't look too complicated I like it and am overly excited for the salon the diamonds are cool I think and makes it easier for people to rank up I'm wondering if you could redo the ranking up page so we know how we know to rank up since I'm still trying for elite

Also you could have left the home page up just on the top left and made the explore page how it is because the old home page was beautiful and was so useful plus it blended in with the other central pages it took you forever but was like my fave central and if you had the home and then explore it would give the look of much bigger site
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 am by Guest

Where is the sr?? I'm having a panic attack trying to find it and archives I read those all the time
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 pm by Leandra

The Society Reader, I'll find somewhere else to put it probably on the home. Also yes the old home was nice but it was a lot of monthly maintenance for me. The coding for it was huge and I had to go through it all every month to change stuff. I still have the old pages saved away though so I might bring them back in the future possibly. Also for the rank stuff, I haven't decided it all yet but as soon as I do I'll make a post on it and update the help section and such. It'll most likely be just a system like have 50 diamonds and earn this rank etc...
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:53 pm by Guest

So I'm guessing there will be no present of the week, jackpot, member, fashion or boutique of the month either
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:22 pm by princhelle32

i do really enjoy this game but i am unable to create my shop and my clothes. that's the downside of this website snow
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:10 pm by Shelli

The new site layout looks great. Any questions I had, were addressed. Hopefully, Diamonds can be successful. It's cool that they are automatic.

Princhelle32, I'm glad you enjoy the site and sorry you have difficulties. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:26 pm by mykelbe

I think that this is going to be great but I am just treading water right now. Is there a way to see who is online and a way to get back to the 'home' easily? I find that I keep on wanting to have a specific fixed place to start but that is probably just me trying to adapt. lion
Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm by Pink

I think it looks nice but I really liked the home page that you had made before the changes. But other than that I love the changes. And the diamonds are cool. :)

Post on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 pm by Leandra

Fries: Like I explained above in the original post, there will be boutiques, fashions, and outfits of the month displayed for the home image.

princhelle32: I'm sorry to hear that, i can try to help you to my best abilities. I'll pm you with a few questions to try to solve the issue :)

Mykelbe: Well there is the main home which you can go to by clicking the banner at the top. I want to re-add the Home link on the menu. I only deleted it because the lack of space but I'll try to add it in. Until then like I said clicking the top image banner will take you to the home :)
Post on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:52 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

ERM The forum section was brilliant just the way it was... now got talk section which is odd layout that is confusing to read.
If one column it so simple and clear to view.
Too much boxes on one page is hard to work with. When you wish to find a forum section fast to say post your creation for feedback...it's not as easy as before. Sorry just is.
Post on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 pm by Pink

I have two questions about the diamonds.

I don't know if this is just because you're editing something right now, but I can't seem to find the Like Post icon. I've had it before and have used it but now it's gone. Idk, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Also, can we earn diamonds from posting in the Elite Blog?
Post on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 pm by Leandra

@Pink I was working on the diamonds yes, that's why you couldn't find it earlier. It's fixed now plus there's now a counter that shows how many likes a post has :)
You can earn diamonds from any original post that you make in any of the sections. Comments don't count though since clearly they don't have a diamond button with them.

Update: Diamond likes now have a counter that shows how many likes that post has gotten. This only appears after you like it, or if you're the poster it'll show right away.
I've also added a tagging system so you can tag users and they'll receive a notification! It's super easy just use an @ with their username. Example: @Leandra
If you have a username with a space or special characters, you must add " " After the @ and at the end of the name ( See Example Code Below )
Example:
Code:
@"ange tuteur"
Code:
@"Empire_1"
Note: Usernames with hashtags won't work.
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 am by Guest

That's nice I remember I used to do that tag thing a lot on here
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:38 am by Pink

Oh that's really cool! :o
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:06 pm by Leandra

For those of you who wanna know about earning points in the different sections... Listen up:
Leandra's Blog: Comments:1point

Elite Blog: Posts:2points, Comments:1point

Fashions: Posts:3points, Comments:1point

Boutiques: Posts:3points, Comments:1point

Outfits: Posts:3points, Comments:1point

Talk: Posts:5points, Comments:3points

Contests: Posts:5points, Comments:1point

Also right now there are technically difficulties with the chat. I'm not sure why but I'm assuming that the host is doing some maintenance so just stay patient.
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:07 pm by Guest

Love the new point system thanks
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:10 pm by Guest

Just noticed on the contest page that elite can only host contests that's sort of no fair explanation why this is please
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 pm by Leandra

Since it's a perk that'll be earned with diamonds, I set it to elite rank for now. I'm still deciding on ranks and diamonds like I said. After that things will be unlocked based on the diamonds you have.
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:47 pm by Guest

Thanks for clearing that up for me
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:42 pm by mykelbe

Is there any incentive for # of views on a post. Many people visit posts but do not comment or like. If the post gets a lot of visits for whatever reason (example give aways) then it would be helpful if it was rewarded based on it's use not just a popularity contest vote. Example if a post gets 600 views and only 6 likes then a balance is not in place. I know that the tracking process is not an easy one to put in place so this suggestion might not be feasible.
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:02 pm by Leandra

I like the idea Mykelbe, although right now there isn't much I can do with that. I'll try to look into possibilities for it though :)
Also the chat has been fixed and also updated, some features have returned in the user options as well as an appear offline option.
Post on Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:54 pm by Desert

Ok. Idk if im being really dumb, but is the Custom's forum around anywhere por favor y gracias
Post on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:04 am by Leandra

No it isn't, simplified Des remember lol I might add a custom area later but for now if you all wanna offer customs just post under fashions. If you have a forum for it already under the customs or another area not shown just let me know and I'll move it for you all.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion