Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Design Studio Change

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 196

I'm expecting some of you to flip out about the new Design Studio... but it isn't super different than sumo paint. Only a few things have changed really and this one will support the larger sized salon models, which sumo didn't at all. I'll quickly go through the main changes so that you know how to use this studio and can continue to design as usual.

New Layer from Images: Instead of going into file like on sumo, you'll now go to the "Layer" tab and at the bottom is the option Import> From my Computer

Polygonal Lasso Tool: I swear by this tool and it's important that a program offers it, which this studio does. The Lasso tool basically looks the same and when you click on it, there will be options at the top, the third image of a crown like shape called "Selection Shape" is the same as Polygonal Lasso tool. The only thing I had an issue with was inversing the selection for some reason, this may not happen for everyone though. If it does, an alternative is to use the Polygon tool which's next to the hand. If you click it and then at the top you'll see setting sand can check the box for "Fill" and this will fill in the shape, you could create an outline easier this way. To change the fill and outline color you'll see the pencil and bucket icons by the color selection which choose your foreground(outline) and background(fill) colors.

!Saving!: The saving is a bit different, clicking Save to Computer will save as a special file that can only be opened in that studio. The .qky file works fine if you want to reopen it to work on later, but if you are uploading to forums or the gallery then you CANT USE .QKY for this!
To upload into the gallery or post sections you need to save as a .png So you'll go to the "File" tab and then down to the option that says "Export" > as PNG

Overall I think this new studio is neat and has a cleaner look. Hopefully everyone will get adjusted to it easily, worst case I have to switch to another studio but hopefully not. If you have any questions let me know, below is a video to show the basics of using the new studio!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1E8LMpSuU

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: I've updated the Help Center finally, so those of you who need some help can refer to here: http://www.designerssociety.net/h37-help-center At the bottom of every page is the "Need Help" link in the right corner, which will take you to this page too.

Last edited by Leandra on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 4 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Design Studio Change Comments

Re: Design Studio Change
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:32 am by Moon

Question, I was working on a sumo design last night and saved it as a .sumo file to finish.. am I able to access it on this studio and finish it or do I have to redo it?
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:06 am by Leandra

If you go to http://sumo.fm/#create you can use it there :)
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 am by Leandra

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: I've updated the Help Center finally, so those of you who need some help can refer to here: http://www.designerssociety.net/h37-help-center At the bottom of every page is the "Need Help" link in the right corner, which will take you to this page too.
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 pm by angelinamc

:)
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:39 pm by Guest

blahh
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:46 pm by Pink

Could you please make some vids on how to design using the new studio? :)
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm by Leandra

Yeah I'm going to tonight as soon as I get to and then I'll post links here right away!
Post on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:51 pm by mykelbe

I've been playing around with the studio a little and am quite enjoying it!!
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:45 am by Leandra

Update: Here's a starter video on the basic tools, more vids very soon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1E8LMpSuU
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 pm by angelinamc

Thank you Leandra, watched it:) Very helpful:)
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:05 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

you can just go to sumopaint.com and use the old studio if you like.

Although you can only use 6 layers. However, merging layers helps.

Can I ask why it was changed in the first place? (not being rude just what made you think the studio needed changing).
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:34 pm by angelinamc

Art I think one of the main reason she changed it, as she mentioned it was because sumo didn't support the larger sized salon models and this new studio does. :) I still use sumo but I'm also using the new studio as well, it has some cool features in it that I like.
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 pm by Leandra

Exactly as Angelinamc said, like I mentioned in the original post because the Salon model. Sumo wouldn't load any files that are large in size like the Salon sized model. I also agree I like many of the different features with this one like the unique brushes and overall it looks simpler to me.
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:55 pm by Shelli

I will continue to use Sumopaint, while I try and get used to Queeky. 

Can't wait to see the salon models.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion