Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Farewell DS

AuthorMessage

when people say farewell in movies most of  them do visit from time to time and thats what im going to do but since this site has turned into some sweaty gym locker room where my head is spinning and puke is exploding from every which way i believe its my time to say goodbye it was nice knowing all of you and getting to design on here but this site has gotten way different over the past years with changes that are so fricken hard to get used to every single time omg like just stop and breath for a moment here im serious just no just stop stop ya stop i have never been on a site that has changed so much since the start of its birth and this has only been on the internet for like about 5yrs now and i see no improvement and no activity in the gallery or whatnot change doesnt make the site have new features it just makes it be different to use anyway im going to be busy with my kid soon so i wont have time for this shenanigans anyway as you can see i am going to be designing elsewhere on a better site with less drama and less spoiled brats so dont miss me i wont miss any of you and like i said i will come back to say hello once and a while but its just to see how much more sweatier this place can get like if you really need to you might have to install a fan in this site but o well none of you * seem to care anyway your all messed up and think only of yourself no wonder im going to start making negative reviews of this place since i found a new and better site much more like GS with nicer people i will be on there and be having loads of fun while i can even though i wil be subject to time due to my daughter but ya you get it or you dont because you are so stupid bye
i was a dedicated DS user for like since i started with this account but also my first account that was deleted i loved to come on here but so many people are stuck up with attitudes and dont seem to get that when members have an idea there should be people to open up and take in all the info and say positive things to the people who suggested them not just blow them off and yell about them also i asked to be on a team a while ago and was patiently waiting for a spot but someone else can have it because i dont want to be burdened with everyone else not doing their part on the site i would actually do what is asked of me not just sit on my butt i would also want to advertise the site for real and actually invite new members in and actually answer their questions not just be like duh uhhhhh uhhhh uhhhh uh what is that anyway can you explain also so ya if you want a spot on the DS team somewhere just remember this tip for getting on easily: suck up to the owner and be her sidekick and make sure you just get in there good enough for her to allow you on also be active even though she will let you get away with it and still have the team membership although you havent even returned to this site for a stinken year omg why did i waste my fingers typing that
i know im complaining a lot but i dont care none of you seem to care either and i figure since i am leaving why not give my almost last opinion on this site right omg thank god there are other sites out there will control-less minds and that they are open to discussing and sharing opportunities that not only the site will be benefit from but also the members news flash right there ok so understand something im not done writing my farewell rant so expect it to be super long...

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Farewell DS Comments

Re: Farewell DS
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Really sorry but, do you use a full stop at all?

Sad it's come to this that you're leaving but, good luck with your child.
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:03 pm by angelinamc

Fries Sad that your leaving, I understand about how frustrating you are about the changes, but you know It took me a whole day and I figured it out and I like the changes as for the new design studio we can still use sumo the new design studio supports the larger models which we now can make better details on our designs. I wish you would drop in now and then. Believe me we do care, it's just like you we do have other things in life that we need to take care of, but I understand why you want to leave.  And again congrats on your baby girl:) You will be missed.
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:35 pm by Moon

I'm really going to miss you actually, I haven't been on and I'm not sure about "spoiled brats" but I did actually enjoy seeing you. You were very nice and I completely understand your position. Yes it's been confusing and strayed from the GS path.. that's ok. Maybe it's becoming it's own site with its own image. I hope you do keep your word and say hello sometime. I'm sorry your time was negative but I hope the future will be better I guess. Bye Fries.
(Enjoy time with your daughter, you are so blessed)
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 pm by Pink

I'm sad to see you leave Fries. I hope you drop by again, and congrats on your daughter. :)

Hopefully we'll somewhat stay in touch on Pintrest.
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 pm by Leandra

I'm sorry you feel that way, I know at first you loved that I was working on so many changes. Also from when you first joined you hadn't really seen how long the site had stayed the same. The site had been pretty much like that for the past 2 years so I've just been trying to re-vamp it and kinda like Moon said, give it its own image. I don't want it to be a girlsense copy cat, though I do want to create a place for previous members of GS to come and join together. I do hope that you'll check in sometimes and maybe down the road you'll get used to the changes. I'm honestly trying my best to make things easier for new members, which may be the case but its hard for current members to adjust when they've gotten used to the old ways. I understand that, but there has to be some progress or eventually the site would fade off and be considered irrelevant because the lack of changes. I know its been dramatic lately with the whole masonry setup mainly, but there needed to be big changes since not many members were coming in. I've noticed several new members lately who have stayed on the site, as well our forum posting rate is up ALOT. Anyways sorry for the rant but I hope that maybe later in time you'll enjoy some of the changes as I continue to work on improving the site. Best wishes for your future!
Post on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

This site has the feeling of tumblr with the added bonus of drawing fashion.
Re-vamping the site is all good and well...just maybe working out if members who've been on here for long time would like those changes would be good first?!?
Or if they're needed. Sometimes less is more. As in adding so much all at once can be overwhelming to people.
I feel the posting is up because of the outfit section...seems mostly me, fries and leandra posting tbh. Others add lots to outfit section though.

PS you've always changed stuff on the site....banners, tabs, etc...always. It's never stayed the same for more than 3 months. Sorry.

You say you want to make the site easier for new members but, is it?
Girlsense stayed the same (apart from one studio change) for the whole time I was there and I don't remember anyone complaining. Not even on that other site Lolitahaze.

You keep mentioning 'easier for new members'...you do realize in doing so you're loosing old members?

Sorry if what I'm saying is all dramatic or what you call rude...I'm just trying to make you understand what affect it's having on old members.
Post on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:02 am by Leandra

First of all, I do ask opinions a lot and have always asked for feedback on things. After that I try to correct things members comment on wanting. I have a huge list of requests from members so I try my best to work on adding what I can. That being said, there are still some things I have to decide on changing because everyone has different opinions and suggestions and I have to make some final decisions. I've changed smaller things overtime, but for the most part pages have been the same. I think I mostly have just changed our home pages and the main pages stayed the same until I did the whole central thing, which took huge work and didn't work out across different browsers/computers. I know you don't understand the whole coding part of this, but there are things that have to kind of change so that it doesn't become outdated with new browsers. Theres a whole balance of trying to make things work on all devices and all browsers, which's easier to do with this setup compared to the old one. I don't really have time to argue about it I was mostly saying a farewell to fries. I just hope older members can take the time to look around, because they could easily adjust if they give a lil time and effort like angelinamc said. After the adjustment, its really not that difficult and things are all condensed to a few main pages instead of like 20+ different pages. If many of the older members hate it so much, please speak up I'd really like some ideas for what you'd all suggest. I'm trying my best to work on the site for everyone.
Post on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:38 pm by angelinamc

I have to say, this is truly Sad this is an awesome site and Leandra has put a lot of time and work into it. I'm sad that ones are leaving, but I feel that one day Leandra might just delete this game which I hope that she never does. I'm sorry for saying this, but to me I think she is doing everything she can to improve this site, yes I did have trouble with this site with all the changes, but again after taking a day and just going through it, I love it now it's way easier to navigate. Fries I do hope you do reconsider coming back.  Your a sweet guy with a big heart and ones on here do like having you around. Just enjoy designing and posting your designs and help out new ones on here your really good at doing that helping new ones. You are needed. We need ones like you who are always watching out for the new ones. I have noticed that about you, your so helpful and kind. Well I hope that your doing well and I hope that you and others take the time to really look through this site I been through the talk section and the outfit section and the fashion section etc lol and had fun hitting the button:) What makes this site fun is helping each other out and leaving nice comments and again hitting that diamond like button:) If everyone helps out by doing this and joining contests and doing the challenges and so forth it keeps this site alive. I know for me when I post something and hardly anyone views it or leaves a comment it's depressing, well imagine how the new ones feel. And that's why we need you Fries you were always doing that. your comments are always appreciated. Hope you think about it. anyhow, sorry for writing a book lol just had to voice my thoughts.
Post on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:49 pm by Crestyl

*just popping in* Yes, Leandra has worked very hard on this site, I think you can say that for certain. But it shouldn't have to take an entire day to work things out and get used to it. New members are not going to want to go through all of that. How the site looks isn't the most important part. DS looks amazing and professionally made, but it is just so confusing to navigate and it makes new members give up and old members not want to try to learn it all.
Post on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:58 pm by Leandra

Well what parts would make things less confusing and which parts are confusing? Like I tried to simplify the menu links to a few sections and stuff, does it need to be less links? I honestly thought of just going down to the design studio, posting sections, then maybe a shop but then I figured you'd all be mad about losing all the features like customs, businesses, etc.
Post on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:38 am by Guest

you people are all making me cry and im a man men arent supposed to cry lol no actually i have every right to cry if i want to i didnt know that my farwell to DS would make such a ruckus im sorry for all the commotion feel free to blame me for it all i can take it im am man thats what i do but ya in all seriousness i see that you do all really care and i do too actually im not kidding this site means a lot to me and i dont want to leave but now you are all pulling me back but i just cant the only reason im commenting on this is because my email was stuffed with notifications just from this post like what you people are crazy lol i seriously did cry because i miss this place it means a lot to be apart of a gym locker room really it does i even feel i got a DS letter jacket from here but heres what i need to tell you all im not just going be tugged into this i have to be strong and leave yesterday me and my wife went to the OBGYN and she is already 2 centimeters effaced and like she has 2 more months left of her pregnancy im getting excited that our little princess is entering this crappy world but also really im really scared because im going to be a dad im not ready sort of so because of this all happening really extreme fast i cant be on here much longer though i rather be because i love it here and i love the new site that i have joined too but i got to do what i gots to do im sorry for you all but now i must leave i seriously might die because its so hard but im brave and can handles these new changes to my life thanks for understanding ill try visiting a little bit if i wish but nah who does that lol alrightt bye
Post on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:50 am by Guest

ahhhhhhhhhhh ok fine your all right i cant be without this site omg what was i thinking but tbh im going to be on the other site just as equally so dont get mad at me when im not on and am on the new site i have been bragging about so much but also please dont tell me all the time that you told me so because then i might just freak out alright you all got your wish im back so dont worry #ifailed #whatswrongwithme #iloveDS #omg #whyamiawimp #wimp #diaryofawimpykid #dontthankmeforreturning #iamaDSfreak
Post on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:34 pm by angelinamc

Your so funny Fries:) glad that your staying :) big hugs and I know your gonna be an awesome Dad:) It's alright that your playing in another game, I still at times log into my stardoll account every now and then lol
Post on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 pm by Leandra

Its fine, glad youve decided to stay here and I understand not everyone can always be active but to still talk and keep in touch is great. Also I'm curious what site it is that you found maybe Ill try it ahaahah I know I go o stardoll a bit too angelinamc xD
Post on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:22 pm by angelinamc

lol I just found you on stardoll today, BeAFoxxyLady told me that she had talked to you, and that she made another account with DS I just found her account in here. Yeah Fries whats that new game ur playing I would like to know as well:) Sounds interesting. Again glad that you'll keep in touch :)
Post on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:00 pm by Leandra

Hahah yeah her and I had been kinda talking lately, I've been trying to get some members to check out DS.
Post on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:03 pm by Shelli

@Fries I'm glad you decided to stay. 

@Angelina @Leandra I got a PM about a site created by some of our members, but I wouldn't know if that is it.
Post on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:04 pm by Guest

Its called I-Dressup.com everyone pls calm down and i feel its more like GS so ya
Post on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:00 pm by Guest

hello ppl i was wondering if you all wanted an update from me so just reply back here on this post and i will tell you thx
Post on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:13 pm by Leandra

@Fries Hey hope you can come back and check in with all of us!
Post on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:02 pm by angelinamc

Hello Fries, so how is it going? hope all is well:) so do you know if your having a boy or a girl? or both lol I'm a twin I have a twin brother. Tell your lovely wife that we all said hello:) Big Hugs to the both of you:)
Post on Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:48 pm by Guest

ok so this is really late reply but we had a girl and named her Alexis La-a
Post on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 pm by angelinamc

Congrats! thats a lovely name:)
Post on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:52 am by Guest

@Angelinamc ya she is the cutest thing in the whole world and she was only 7lb 04oz when she was born on March 10 or 16 i forgot ahhhh the day she was born at ll something at night
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion