Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Community is lacking

AuthorMessage
ArtisticBiscuit
Team Member
Diamonds Diamonds : 115

I think it's about time we did something on this site together. It would be great to build a strong sense of community here.

Something where we all enter items and Leandra or a team member puts everything together.
Could be a boutique or something like a banner for the social media pages. (have to see what Leandra thinks is best).

My ideas:

>New D.S. Twitter background
>Group Boutique. Could be done in teams as a contest and each team makes different boutique.
>Facebook banner
>Group society store

Please suggest ideas and we all can work out a way of bringing the community together.

Don't worry it's only a bad day, not a bad life.

Last edited by ArtisticBiscuit on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://khakisequin.blogspot.co.uk/

Which collaboration idea should we do?
New D.S. Twitter background.
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Group boutique, team contest.
29%
 29% [ 2 ]
Facebook Banner.
14%
 14% [ 1 ]
Group Society Store.
43%
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Community is lacking Comments

Re: Community is lacking
Post on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:51 pm by mykelbe

I think that group ideas are an awesome idea. It would be fun to work on something just for the FUN of it, nothing else attached.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:20 pm by Leandra

I like the ideas and Id definitely support group ideas and post group society stores and such. I'd also be glad to publicize all the work that you all contribute for the site, also with the new home now there will be banners that'll hopefully grab attention more too.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:36 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I think we need to get more people interested before we do a group activity.
Glad you like my ideas. Hopefully enough people will wish to participate. The more creativity in the collaboration the better.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:24 pm by angelinamc

DiamondLIke:) I agree with Mykelbe and Leandra, love your ideas Art.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:38 pm by Tammy

If someone could come up with an idea for a new Twitter banner I'm all ears! :) I have been thinking about it but I've been so busy lately I've only gotten so far as tweets.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:46 pm by Leandra

If it helps, I made up a .psd template for the facebook and twitter so if you wanna use those for anything and then add some creative stuff. Also if any of you install fonts or might have these already to use, the site fonts are: Bentham and Raleway(lite) I use both of these in ps to make the banners and such so feel free to make anything you want and send to me or tammy(lead of our twitter) Same goes for facebook if you send to me or Art then we can review them and see about posting. Also any who want to work on the actual site banner at the top left just send any to me that you make(note that doesn't guarantee they'll all be used if several are sent) I'm also wanting to start work on some posed models in both hd and salon size so if any of you are interested in that Id love the help. I basically wanna start creating some different poses that can be used for expression, like how stardoll has different poses for their promotional banners and such. So like ones gasping and has her hands on her face, different random poses. These'll be used for the homepage banners, newsletters, society stores, etc. Feel free to create clothes and makeup to fit them if you'd like too. It's a big task and I was planning to send a message to all the team about it, but here's fine too so its open for anyone to collaborate. Anything that anyone makes just send to me and I'm sure I'll find uses for most all of them!
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:26 pm by angelinamc

Thats a cool idea Leandra, the only thing that I suggest for a banner is to have at least two or three models with different nationalities. That is one of the things that I hear from some is that they don't think that this site has different dolls/skin tones. Maybe that will attract more to this site.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:51 pm by Leandra

@angelinamc Definitely agreed I think targeting all is great and the other skin tones need to be used often too. Also those of you who want to help out with the poses I can send you the HD poseable kit for free. That should help at least in general even if you'd still need to move hands or neck or anything. I might try to create an example myself tonight if I get time, and if so Ill share it here.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:35 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Who's up for working as a team instead of sending in complete banners/backgrounds to be used?

I'm trying to get it so that members get to know each other better and can bond over the mutual love of fashion/being creative. (even new members or people less active).

p.s. hardly anyone goes on chat like they used to and this should change. Random chats were great and also inspiring.
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 pm by Leandra

@artisticbisuit Agreed about the chat, Im gonna see about adding it on the home page so members remember it more. Also I'm fine with however you all want to cooperate to make banners and stuff, I think its great to work together. I was just saying once done send me anything you all make and Ill add it :)
Post on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:32 pm by Claire

I like your ideas! I'm in for what ever you want me to do.
Post on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Anyone have a favourite idea that they want to participate in?

If people say what they wish to do then we can all begin chatting about starting the collaboration.
Post on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:26 pm by angelinamc

I'll help just let me know what the plan is? :)
Post on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:50 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Things to consider and help with:
>If we do a group society store we'd need a theme.
>New fb banner, would need items sent in and ideas on how we want it to look.
>twitter background would need items, ideas on if it should be a boutique style etc...
>Team boutiques will need contest set up, teams organized and more people to join in.
Post on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:40 pm by angelinamc

Those are all cool ideas maybe do a poll on which ones would like to do first. I would love to see a new fb or twitter banner/background.
Post on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:10 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Please vote on the poll for what idea we should do together. (on bottom of cover post)
Post on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:20 pm by angelinamc

Ok I voted:)
Post on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 pm by Leandra

Voted!
Post on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:10 pm by mykelbe

ditto
Post on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 am by Guest

This is good idea
Post on Mon May 11, 2015 2:52 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Keep voting for which one we shall start doing.

When one is seen as really popular I will organize it to begin.
Post on Sat May 16, 2015 5:09 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Vote?
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion