Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Hello im new here

AuthorMessage
teejara

Diamonds Diamonds : 5

Hi im Tiara/teejara
I remember seeing this site after crying over girlsense awhile ago... I noticed it's still a relatively new site but thats all good lol

I have questions about pricing: What is the value of one point? Is 10 points cheap?
(also why is there an option to have someone as a "foe"??? is that like and understated block option or)

(also does anyone know how to make my tablet pressure sensitive on a macintosh bc im getting frustrated)

also please send some tips my way. please

http://tjoni.tumblr.com

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Hello im new here Comments

Re: Hello im new here
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:29 am by Shada

Welcome! And, well, looking at the catalogue is a good way of figuring out how much stuff costs here~
Also, my tablet works fine on PC and Mac automatically-
so what kind of tablet do you have, and what software are you trying to use it with?
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:43 am by teejara

Hi, I have a wacom bamboo fun and currently I'm using a Mac (it's pretty outdated though so I can see why it wouldn't be working lmao)
For now, I'm just using sumopaint b/c I can't install photoshop elements on here :P
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 am by ArtisticBiscuit

For tips check out the DS youtube channel or my youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBiI2-eow3cVZ52xM0u-hag/videos

Welcome to the site hope you join in contests.
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:54 pm by Guest

welcome to DS glad to have you here
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:54 pm by Tammy

Ahh welcome to DS! If you have any more questions you can ask me although I don't use a tablet at all lol. 10 points is extremely cheap aha. The usual price range for items is 200-500 depending on the quality and item. Furniture tends to be more expensive considering it takes more time and a lot of people don't make it. Like Shada said checking the catalogue is a great way to see the average price ranges for each item. If you want some tips on designing (which I'm really bad at giving tips otl) you can alays look on the Official youtube or just look up Designers Society. I have some videos up which you might find under Tammy Nguyen :). Again welcome to DS
Post on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:12 pm by teejara

Thank you!!
Post on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:18 pm by Temani234

Welcome Tiara! I'm also fairly new :)
Regarding your tablet problem: first of all, I also own a bamboo fun (pen&touch, I think^^) and a Windows PC. But I don't think that matters, I guess it could be sumo bc for me pressure sensitivity doesn't work in sumo (nor in queeky), but it works perfectly fine in Gimp (and Corel Painter for example too). I can't even find settings for pressure sensitivity in the online tools (but that might just be bc I'm like almost blind^^). This theory does seem quite convincing to me, seeing as these are free online drawing tools. But maybe I'm wrong, I've stopped trying to make them work for me :D
Have you tried other programs yet (not online)? If it still doesn't work, I guess you'll have to look at the settings of the programs and your bamboo/wacom settings. Don't forget to keep us updated, I for one am quite interested :)
Post on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:30 pm by teejara

well i can't install the programs that came w the tablet because there's not enough room lol.
I did try a torrented version of paint tool sai but it didn't pick up pressure :P
I think I remember trying to install the jtablet plugin to get it working but it didn't work //cries//
im actually going to try again right now lol
Post on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm by Temani234

Had to google jtablet :D. Might try this too! You could try 2draw.net, it is listed as a jtablet compatible tool on the plugin's official site. I don't know how it is bc I've never heard of it before^^.
Post on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:32 am by teejara

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
my computer is old lol, the jtablet version for my computer is gone so I can't download it OTL
and I can't find an alternative... I'll just fake it haha
Post on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

You can try designing on sumopaint.com It's totally free and no download.

Plus check out the 'give a tip' forum. http://www.designerssociety.net/t1318-give-a-tip#35502
Loads of helpful tips on there.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion