Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Idea to sell art designs online (HELP)

AuthorMessage
ArtisticBiscuit
Team Member
Diamonds Diamonds : 113

HELP

I've got idea to sell drawings online with a website that takes your artwork and puts it onto products for you e.g. t-shirts, mugs, phone cases, pillows etc... Then seller gets a big cut of what sells.

Anyway I'm going to need ideas/feedback
(i can do commissions once set up).

I've found www.zazzle.co.uk and redbubble.com to do this... unsure which to use yet. Any ideas?

Here's first draft of a design I mocked up (will be made neater and brighter promise)

First 2 chicks will say "cheep cheap" and last will say "I'd rather be expensive".
http://s9.postimg.org/na243fujj/Snapshot_20150817_6.jpg

Theme for this is kawaii mostly animals or food.

Don't worry it's only a bad day, not a bad life.

http://khakisequin.blogspot.co.uk/

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Idea to sell art designs online (HELP) Comments

Re: Idea to sell art designs online (HELP)
Post on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm by angelinamc

That's a cute design.  I know that people love animals. I'm always seeing one buy clothing or hand bags with cute animals on them. Are you planning to do other little animals? The only suggestion is, to talk to someone you know and trust who has or who is into selling merchandise. Selling ones products can be great but also it can be extremely dangerous, I don't know much about that company Zazzle but hopefully they won't take advantage of you.
Post on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:39 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

It's a free site so you don't loose that way. They take some money from sales you do.
I'm also doing cute kawaii designs with food on them such as biscuits.
Thanks @angelinamc for the delightful feedback.
Post on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:48 pm by Tammy

Zazzle is really big in America (aka my friends mom uses it to buy stuff) but I know they don't scam you or take your money wrongly so I would probably suggest zazzle since it is more credible and well known. But yeah I that would be really awesome. I think it would appeal to a lot of younger people that are into the more pastel culture if you would do like grid print things with cute designs or something along those lines, so you could do a variety of like cutesy things like you did there with the chicks haha.
Post on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:35 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I'm also doing stuff like this wallet: http://postimg.org/image/tzysk34jt/

A lot of people who are into kawaii Japanese would be into the cute style. (that's my theory anyway).
Maybe even children's clothing would be pretty.
Post on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:49 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

It's going to be really slow to get sales.
Post on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:05 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

girl1 Any Feedback?
Post on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:07 pm by angelinamc

Have you ever thought of making some of your designs in here and then maybe tweet them, or put them on facebook and see how ones respond to them? This is a designing site maybe even post them in there and get every ones feedback in here. Seeing them on a model, making T-shirts with your cute animal prints and hand bags etc. When you use twitter to advertise them maybe you can ask for ones opinion. That's the only thing I can suggest. Or have you tried just making your design on the computer then print it on a iron on transfer and make your own just one or two and then have some one wear then take a picture of it then show it to others. That could just be a prototype.
Post on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:31 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Thanks for your helpful feedback ^^^
Post on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:21 am by angelinamc

Your very welcome:)
Post on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:31 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

D :D :D :D :D :D

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion