Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

not much action on ds

AuthorMessage
ArtisticBiscuit
Team Member
Diamonds Diamonds : 119

For the amount of members this site has there really isn't much action on the platform.

Is there something wrong?

It's not on really.

Don't worry it's only a bad day, not a bad life.

http://khakisequin.blogspot.co.uk/

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

not much action on ds Comments

Re: not much action on ds
Post on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 pm by angelinamc (Online)

I know with me, been dealing with family matters. But will be starting up on monday my game "Who Am I" I was suppose to start this week, but again family matters. But things are calming down for me so I should get back. Miss everyone.
Post on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:59 am by mykelbe

Miss everyone too! Will be back soon and will have access to internet! Yeah!
Post on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:29 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I miss the chat box being all chatty.
Post on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 pm by Moon

I miss the BIG summer contests and the stores so that people could actually buy your stuff instead of waiting to see if someone will vote you to have a store which is now basically just on a catalog (no offense to that amazing feature). I just feel like so many things have changed and some for better or for worse but something have limited ones ability and we need to kinda bring that back.
Post on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:52 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

We need more people to comment and use the site to build up a community and chat in the chat section. Then the site should improve.
Post on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:56 pm by Tammy

Yea I noticed that when I began to design again and began to post in the forums a lot people become more interested and active per say. I am posting on the sites twitter a lot and I have been hoping that would bring members in but I don't know haha. I want to host a contest but I am afraid no one will join and then it will just flop lol.
I haven't talked to Leandra in like a week but she just got settled into college basically so she probably doesn't have much time to work on the site and honestly I kind of prefer it not to be edited anymore. Having it being changes formats like 10 times within the past 2 years can make it confusing.
Let's just try to attract more attention on any website like stardoll or instagram since hashtags are a much easier thing to track on instagram compared to twitter lol. I guess I might make one since I have no idea who owns the dssocialite instagram haha.
Post on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:21 pm by angelinamc (Online)

I understand how you feel Tammy, I was twittering a lot myself, and I tried to keep a simple game going but it was working ones were playing then it started to die out and that's why I stopped it for awhile plus had some huge family things going on, As for the chat room I was in there almost everyday and well got tired chatting with myself lol. But I'll start up again with the twitter thing. lol and Art I'll keep trying to get back in the chat room, as far as contest it would be nice if we all take part in them and that would be encouraging and hopefully motivate others to join. The game I started I'll be posting a new "who am I ? character tomorrow hope ones take the time to start guessing.
Post on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 am by Desert

Hey! :P
I have to agree that the site doesnt seem to be getting much action lately, and i feel like it always has periods where its kinda dead but it's always disheartening to go online and see like 4 new posts in a month, and have no one to talk to online. I know im not helping the cause by being MIA xD but i do wanna get back into designing, its just that I've been ridiculously busy with school lately, as many of you probably are, it's just that i go online and have no motivation to design, ya know? I'm hoping to get online a lil more in the future, if not to design then hopefully just to chat, or perhaps host some contests or whatnot, but as Tammy said, i dont wanna have any floppers.
I really do miss the busy DS site! Hopefully more active members will join soon!
Post on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:54 pm by Fresno559

Yep not much going on, been real busy myself but don't want this site to close down. That would be sad.
Post on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:07 pm by Tammy

Maybe we can think of something to bring more appeal? I have been so busy with mock trial lately I haven't had time to design but I hope once some of our games are over I will have some time. I am trying to tweet everyday and I see lots of members joining just not participating per say lol
Post on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

there's over 5,thousand members on this site and I only see about 10 names pop up in forum.

Maybe everyone could do a tutorial to help newbies. Such as step by step guides or show few pictures of how your design process goes.

Keep inspiring others and talk about any interesting topic you can think of in the chat section.
Post on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:58 am by RareEarth

Somehow, there has to be a way to engage the members already on here and make them active and designing.
Post on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:08 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Maybe more people chatting on the chat box will get people inspired.... keep sharing designs.
Post on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:09 pm by Chloe

i came here to have a look around after my absence and i feel bad for how dead it is

bit late but the answer is that people are growing up, hear me out:

girlsense closed in 2012 (or 2013, unsure.) which means it closed 3 years ago.

most of the people on girlsense (with some exceptions obviously) were between 9 and 18.

This means that a 11 year old who signed up for DS after girlsense closed will now be 14.

a 14 year old has many more commitments than an 11 year old for example

now that girlsense is closed, there isn't much attracting younger teenagers to DS (who, lets face it, are the most active)

im sure 80% of the members on here were on girlsense, but this is a generalisation. if i hadn't been on girlsense and lolitahaze (old forum thingy) i would not know about the website at all

TLDR; people are becoming much more stressed/busy/mature etc.
Post on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:02 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Actually it's the way the site is lay out and the lack of the owner caring for the site.
When the website changed from forum layout to this grid...many people got pissed and left.
IT's the lack of people giving a damn about the designs and it not being as fun.

When chat box was active more people came online and stayed longer.
What's there to do to make people stay for more than ten mins..(even I don't stay online for more than 3 minutes anymore)...designing....most people do that outside the website on another program...
OR gave up designing at all.
Post on Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:17 pm by Chloe

i think its pretty * rude that you think leandra doesn't care about the site tbh, its obvious she cares a looot for it
maybe its not as fun because people's friends left...?
im a prime example, i didnt like to associate with 80% of the site because they're annoying so when the select people i enjoyed conversation with left, so did i

bye im probably  gonna feel nostalgic and visit again sometime soon
Post on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:00 am by Whisper

rofl this made me laugh
Post on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:37 pm by RareEarth

This honestly makes me very sad. Wish this site was active or someone can make a new one so I have something to have fun on. Please
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion