Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

DS Revamp: Starting now!

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 197

I'm back! While I've been gone awhile due to personal reasons, I haven't forgotten you all and I fully intend to work on keeping things fresh. Now that I have some things sorted with school and work I can help work on adding new things to DS and making sure everything is running smoothly. For starters I want to work on the obvious fixes for things that may have stopped working or had some errors. I also have a list of tasks for myself to make sure everything is up to date and you all have some new content.

Points: With some technical errors, I haven't been able to update transactions so it will have to just be flush at this point. I'm sorry for that great inconvenience but I may be able to find other ways for you all to do transactions without me needing to give it constant maintenance. One option would be to setup a kind of trading system where members could offer to trade different fashions they've made for ones designed by others. I'm not sure how you'd all feel about that but it is an option that could probably be automatic instead of manual.

Todo List: I'm going to be removing the member ads again as soon as money goes through my paypal and I can buy more credits for the site, so in just a few days.
I need to update the homepage banners and site notifications system
The weekly presents will be updated
There are some overall sizing issues I've noticed around the site, I'm not sure if its the browser I'm using but I'll try to make thing compatible on all browsers, including Microsoft edge(standard on windows 10)
The gallery need cleans up of older designs and I may find a different arrangement so they show by date, newest first(hopefully)
The catalogue needs updated with new items, I'll also be accepting offers for fashions/stores to add to the catalogue with fashions made by members. Basically members will be able to submit designs they'd like in the catalogue and Ill review them to decide on ones to add, which may replace businesses.

Hopefully within the next week or so I can have all these adjustments made and things running smoother. I'll also be working on some design elements around the site to freshen up the look a bit. I'll then do some advertising as well as send out an updated email to all the members who may have become inactive. Everyone is welcome to give their suggestions as well for things that I might've missed or suggestions you have to better the site overall.
Thanks all for your continued patience and loyalty to DS!
-Leandra

Last edited by Leandra on Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

DS Revamp: Starting now! Comments

Re: DS Revamp: Starting now!
Post on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:39 pm by mykelbe

I am so thrilled!!!! Diamond Liked lion heart cake
Post on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:12 am by ArtisticBiscuit

Awesome to hear this site is getting a mini makeover!
Post on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:36 pm by RareEarth

Welcome back. Cant wait for a new start to the site.
Post on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:33 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

The points thing is annoying when people buy from you and you get none of the points for it.
Post on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:40 am by Leandra

@ArtisticBiscuit Yeah like I said that was an issue that needs worked out but I hadn't been able to do it so for now either remove fashions from the gallery if you don't want that to happen or set them to 0 for offer only.
Post on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:57 pm by Shelli

Welcome back, Leandra. It's good to hear that things are settling for you, school and workwise. All the upcoming updates you have listed, looks great. If I have any suggestions, I will definitely post them.

In regards to designs already bought/sold. If we still have the copies of transactions that were bought/sold. Could we forward them to you, to help with the points transfer? Or should we forget that the transaction was made and take it as a loss?
Post on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:17 pm by Leandra

@Shelli Yes if you have some transactions in your inbox you can send them to me and Ill make sure they get done.
Post on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:47 pm by angelinamc

Diamond Liked So happy that your back, Leandra.
Post on Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:31 am by Moon

I am really excited. I have been away as well but I have been working on sumo which isnt apart of the site so it never shows that I am on. I cannot wait for this site to get going again :D I know it is hard during the school year but I am really excited for the summer as well.
Post on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:34 pm by Iriana001123

Hii lovely styles
Post on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:34 pm by Whisper

Maybe you could allow some team members you pick to help with transactions of points? Or can this not be made possible?

It be cool to have new stuff on this site. Would be ace to have more people enter contests. I for one enjoy seeing people come up with creative designs.

Plus the diamond contest still hasn't been told who won or what's happening with it.
Post on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:58 am by spleenstealer

it would be good if DS had it's own studio instead of online paint programs, something like what girlsense had?

edit: To elaborate, I think it would be much easier to just have one studio that loads the model itself and had a selection clothes to start from, and then have all the materials and such in the studio. It would be good for it to have the ability to draw on what you make as well, I feel like that was something Girlsense was lacking, although I also think there should be set shapes to pick from if you want to.

It would also be good to have the markings that were commonly used for shading, I found them much easier to use and think that it would be useful for members that don't have a drawing tablet or aren't that skilled in drawing.

I also think that there should still be the ability to import images for people who prefer to use an image editor, though.

Last edited by spleenstealer on Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:28 pm by RareEarth

I agree with @spleenstealer . it's true, Gs was confined to one design studio making everyone have the same privilege to design, not a variety of places.
Post on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:45 am by Shelli

@spleenstealer
Last year, Leandra mentioned that she was working on a studio for the site. But she hasn't given us an update on how that is going, yet. DS isn't as advanced as it's competitors. It can, if she added the studio and automated everything, so the site can run even when she's unable to be here.

I don't mind going to a third party site or program to design. I do mind that I have to store designs on my device or on a cloud for backup. Maybe adding a cloud service to the site can allow us to store them here, instead. Putting a limit on how many designs we can store and can be accessible through our profiles. I would like to see DS evolve to its highest potential. Until then, it seems DS will go on as a forum based site where users share their illustrations/designs.
Post on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:48 pm by mykelbe

I will go along with anything that you suggest Shelli especially if it means settng up something that is a working format. I am not very computer savy but I am wliing to learn and do anything to help progressing the site idea! Just let me know what you need and I will work for or with you!!! Diamond Liked
Post on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 pm by Leandra

I'd like to work on our own studio but right now realistically I wont have the time to do that myself anymore. My thought would be down the road maybe we can do some fundraising for me to be able to have a professional help create something though. With my college even I know some computer and software programmers now so I may be able to have a fellow student help even... Don't worry I haven't forgotten Ive just been super stacked with schooling and I'm on spring break now for the next few weeks to work on more stuff...
Post on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:59 am by ArtisticBiscuit

I think getting the gallery fixed would be beneficial. It's annoying to not be able to buy items and get points deserved for hard work.
Glad you're back looking after the site Leandra.
Post on Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:40 pm by Shelli

@Leandra Welcome back. With everything that you are going through, I hope you are doing well. In the Drastic Times call for Drastic Measures post, you said someone was not chosen to help program the site because of not understanding coding. Getting professional programmers would be best. 

My question: Are the codes written within the site like the moderators have done in the pass? If not, are the codes written in a script?

I tried to send you a message with the email address you provided us. The message came back as an invalid address. May you check if the address is correct.
Post on Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:52 pm by Whisper

In the long run pro help would be the best. Even if you have to have advertising or something on this site to pay for pro help. The pro could get the site lifted off the ground. Make it better than girlsense even.
You never know someone may be able to do the coding. Someone at your uni could help. (a uni project).
It wont last long with a team of only you Leandra. What if in future (hope not but hypothetically) you Leandra can't do the coding because ill or when you die?
Post on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:20 pm by mykelbe

Would it be difficult to enable someone to use a few codes just to get a few of the sections working. It would be very encouraging to have something, anything actually, active beqond uploading fashions. lion
Post on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:07 pm by RareEarth

i think that maybe someone who has been on the site for a long time now, should take over while the owner is away. With the owner being mia it puts everything at a dusty halt.
Post on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:33 pm by angelinamc

I agree with Shelli about getting a professional  programmer. Just wondering How much would that cost to get that help?
Post on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:49 pm by Karrueche

o

Last edited by Karrueche on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:42 pm by Karrueche

Also, i think to keep the community thriving we need to find ways to keep this website interactive.
Like.. more ways you can talk to the players. And also, i think that we are all a little dependent on Leandra.. so when she left this site fell apart
To prevent that from happening, transactions should be automatic. I say this because one of the main things you can do on here is buy items
Also, hire moderators and admins. i think that would help
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion