Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

DS Revamp: Starting now!

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

I'm back! While I've been gone awhile due to personal reasons, I haven't forgotten you all and I fully intend to work on keeping things fresh. Now that I have some things sorted with school and work I can help work on adding new things to DS and making sure everything is running smoothly. For starters I want to work on the obvious fixes for things that may have stopped working or had some errors. I also have a list of tasks for myself to make sure everything is up to date and you all have some new content.

Points: With some technical errors, I haven't been able to update transactions so it will have to just be flush at this point. I'm sorry for that great inconvenience but I may be able to find other ways for you all to do transactions without me needing to give it constant maintenance. One option would be to setup a kind of trading system where members could offer to trade different fashions they've made for ones designed by others. I'm not sure how you'd all feel about that but it is an option that could probably be automatic instead of manual.

Todo List: I'm going to be removing the member ads again as soon as money goes through my paypal and I can buy more credits for the site, so in just a few days.
I need to update the homepage banners and site notifications system
The weekly presents will be updated
There are some overall sizing issues I've noticed around the site, I'm not sure if its the browser I'm using but I'll try to make thing compatible on all browsers, including Microsoft edge(standard on windows 10)
The gallery need cleans up of older designs and I may find a different arrangement so they show by date, newest first(hopefully)
The catalogue needs updated with new items, I'll also be accepting offers for fashions/stores to add to the catalogue with fashions made by members. Basically members will be able to submit designs they'd like in the catalogue and Ill review them to decide on ones to add, which may replace businesses.

Hopefully within the next week or so I can have all these adjustments made and things running smoother. I'll also be working on some design elements around the site to freshen up the look a bit. I'll then do some advertising as well as send out an updated email to all the members who may have become inactive. Everyone is welcome to give their suggestions as well for things that I might've missed or suggestions you have to better the site overall.
Thanks all for your continued patience and loyalty to DS!
-Leandra

Last edited by Leandra on Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

DS Revamp: Starting now! Comments

Re: DS Revamp: Starting now!
Post on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:21 pm by Leandra

I really want to make things automatic but haven't had time. That's why for the most part I try to make things as automatic as possible so that you can all still post and such. I really am always quite busy with college and personal things so I often lose track of the site but haven't forgotten you all for sure. I will look into seeing about a programmer for the site or ask around at my college to see who is interested in helping as well. I'll keep you all updated as I know more though.
Post on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:23 pm by angelinamc (Online)

thank you Leandra for letting us know. We all miss you very much.
Post on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:24 pm by Leandra

Usually actual programmers are expensive but I may be able to see about other students at my school that may want to help so its part of their experiences. I'll see what I can do and in the meantime everyone try to keep things going and I'll do my best to find solutions.
Post on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:13 pm by SadGirl

Haven't been around in a while, excited to be back and see this!!!
Post on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:59 am by Crestyl

I get you wanted make this website look aesthetically appealing and have more advanced codes and make the website your own and to look nothing like it originally does, but all websites that people are used to has a somewhat normal format and I love the ideas you had but it makes it complicated and hard to get used to, and with all the constant changes before people just decided to leave so now the website is fairly dead. I love your ideas and I love the design page and lookbook page, and I feel like those are easy to use but please bring back the old format with the pages at the top and the old forums, it was so easy to look around at things, there's a reason people have forums they way they are. I don't mean this rude in any way, I have a lot of amazing memories here and it's sad to see how nobody really gets on anymore :/
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion