Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Drastic Times call for Drastic Measures. . .

AuthorMessage
Moon

Diamonds Diamonds : 27

WE NEED FOLLOWERS

So unfortunately I think it is safe to say that Designers Society is hitting its low spot.
I know that not many members are on during the school year but this is fewer people active than before.
However, despite this downfall I don't want to give up.
I think that the many people who are still active on here during this time do not want to give up either.
 I've been thinking about how we can effectively promote this website and I can only see one real positive solution: Instagram
Now I know that Leandra and I have been in charge of the account on Instagram but when I did post pictures I found that not a lot of people followed from them or weren't really interested in the first place.
I do admit that I have not kept up a good job and it is really difficult for me during the school year (I promise I'll make it up to you during the summer)
But I thought of a way that we can make the Instagram account attract possible members... we need followers.
This is the hard part and I'm not sure if you guys want to go with this choice, but this is the worst I've seen the site and I think we need to pick this decision.
I found an app where you can buy followers....
JUST HEAR ME OUT
You don't have to pay with real money.
If you like a certain amount of pictures then you get "coins".
Certain amounts of "coins" will allow you to buy followers.
I think if we all pitched in at least once a week then we could have enough people to be interested in our posts and want to join.

I think once we have a ton of followers, more people will see our posts; creating more possibilities of members

I know it is a LOT to ask... but I don't know what else to do about this website.
If you would be interested in this method and want to help please send me a private message so I can tell you the app.
Also comments and critiques are welcomed. Have a good day!

-Moon

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Drastic Times call for Drastic Measures. . . Comments

Re: Drastic Times call for Drastic Measures. . .
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm by RareEarth

Not sure more followers would do anything with this place, either. sad to say :(
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:47 pm by Moon

@RareEarth

I mean that once we have a lot of followers then more people would comment and like photos and people might join because of it. Like look at the stardoll instagram account, I feel that people might possibly check out the website in the link and join this site. It could be worth a try. Thank you for replying :)
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:50 pm by RareEarth

I suppose if we never try, we will never know. So, you're right. Let's give it a go
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:48 pm by mykelbe (Online)

I think that it is great that you are working at improving the site etc. but until team members are able to actively work the site, I think that we will continue to be at a standstill. All the followers in the world won't help if the site is virtually frozen. It may not be possible for Leandra to modify the program so that team members could add to the homepage, make transactions etc. I for one, will continue to work for and use the site no matter how lonely it gets. lol lion
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:51 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

You can post things I add to my designers society pinterest board to the instagram.
https://uk.pinterest.com/ArtisticBiscuit/designers-society/

Anyone can take my pinterest posts and put them on your blog or tumblr etc>>>

I think more regular exciting posts related to fashion and fashion drawing would get people interested. Then they'll see this site and be like hey, I can try the tips I learned on the instagram on DS.
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:54 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

In mean time everyone get active and share your creativity.
Post on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:23 pm by Moon

@Mykelbe
I see what you are saying. I agree, the site really isn't doing anything. I was hoping that if we got more and more members then everything would be active even if certain things are not running to their full standards. I hope that once summer comes back so will everyone else. It is just hard to see such a site seem abandoned.
Post on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:04 am by Shelli

I agree, Mykelbe.
Post on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:47 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I think we need to stop going on about how the site is not active and be active on the site ourselves.
The more people see the site doing and offering the more likely people will stick around.

Maybe some games in forums would be good...or something to actually use designs for...other than boutiques or outfits.

The site isn't active or busy because 'loads of us have just up and left or hardly ever go on'...

Work out what is making people less interested and fix those....then people will stick about.

If the site was 100% fun and enjoyable not just 60% (or less) people would flock to it without the need to advertise.
Post on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 pm by mykelbe (Online)

So much of what you are saying is so true! But who wants to design on a site that doesn't work. New members only experience the current situation. A gallery that doesn't work, sales that can't go through, contests that are not rewarded, a salon that doesn't exist, materials that are not available, HD models that don't exist, a boutique creator that is been under construction. A new member at best would be confused. I'd move on and not even try. It is a great site but it is broken. It's not going anywhere until it's fixed. I'm sad but this is true.
Post on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:41 am by ArtisticBiscuit

It feels like Leandra has left us to fend for ourselves. But, we can't as she is the only one who can make the website not broken.

I think Leandra needs trusted help so when she's busy the site stays fixed and not braking more.
Post on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:12 pm by Leandra

I know its hard to trust that I haven't forgotten about you all but Ive been through so much personally and I know that's no excuse but I also have known that in the meantime the site is still functioning. I'm trying to get all my sh*t in order to make sure I can help everyone out. Also yes like Art said itd be good to have some trusted help but the only reason I haven't chosen someone is because not many would probably understand all the coding I have going to be able to edit things. If it was setup like most web design websites where you could just fill in the content thatd be great, but as is its more setup with all coding so they'd have to read and know all the coding to know where all the content goes. So in the meantime the best I can suggest is giving my contact info to some of you to let me know when things need fixing and then I can work on them. I also will have more time soon hopefully if I take summer semester off, either way Ill have a lighter load this summer and more time to work on the site. I also have the next few weeks of spring break to do some work as well hopefully.
Post on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:47 am by Moon

I get that is it hard, just know we all appreciate everything that you're doing for us. If you need any help that we would be capable of doing then I would love to try and do work on the site in my free time. I wasn't trying to bad talk you aha, I was just suggesting a way to try to draw attention to the site. Great to see that you are back.
Post on Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:54 am by spleenstealer

I'll do this once I get a new phone, but maybe trying something like a kickstarter or gofundme would work better? I don't know if that would work because I have no idea how much advertising services cost.
Post on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:06 pm by Chloe

ah i know im never here but i am now temporarily because nostalgia

there's no point in buying those followers - they're not your target audience
you're better off going through #girlsense or something and following everyone
Post on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:39 am by ArtisticBiscuit

Maybe the reason people didn't comment or follow..because with the instagram not being active, it's rather dull.

Also could someone share a link to the ds instagram?
The button for it takes you to a broken link.
Post on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:18 am by Desert

awh this is so sad, i was just nostalgia-ing around too, and looking at all my old design/customs forums.
I really hope the site picks up again, it was so fun when lots of people were active and designing, hope you guys figure something out! And keep designing peeps c:
Post on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:19 pm by mykelbe (Online)

Another great start gone to rack and ruin. Whatever happened to teamwork!
"Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much!" Helen Keller
Throw us a bone lol
Post on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:39 pm by mykelbe (Online)

Post on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:38 pm by Karrueche

I think we need a different approach on the instagram page.. you know??
Instead of buying followers, do contests... keep the page interactive

We could probably advertise on fashion pages or ig pages like stardoll??

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion