Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

2017 Changes & Updates

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 185

I know I have been off and on with plans for the site, so I know that its probably hard for members to get their hopes up very much. What I can say though is that I'm drawing closer to college graduation and getting my footing more in my future career. I've been working full time along with college, making it hard for any time to work on updates for the website. For now my plan is to binge out on some coding and try to make as many quick changes as possible. Get down to some of the barebones of what works on the site and clean up some of the unnecessary features or things that aren't as easily used without maintenance. If I can even make things relatively maintenance free, it'd help make things easier for all of you when I don't have time to keep stuff up to date. I need to make time though at least once a week to check on things and keep it all up and going. I'm not sure if I'll have the funds to do so, but I'd like to work on some advertisements as well. I need to do advertisement research more but I may also setup a fundraiser so that everyone can help with it if they'd like. In the meantime though please expect me to be making some changes, I'd always like feedback. I'm going to do my best to also see what everyone has been saying while I've been away and improve things as much as I can. Thank you everyone for your patience! -Leandra

P.S. I'll continue to be commenting here as I make changes throughout the day as I'll be on here working the next probably 8-10 hours today. Anyone with ideas for things to add/remove in that time please add your replies! Anything I don't get to changing today I'll work on this weekend or upcoming week.

Last edited by Leandra on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

2017 Changes & Updates Comments

Re: 2017 Changes & Updates
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:20 pm by Crestyl

Maybe make the chat on every page again? Cause having it just on the home really discourages communication and makes it way harder
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:31 pm by Leandra

@Crestyl It's actually on the sidebar which opens as a popup on every page, but I'll see about maybe making it more noticeable there
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:33 pm by Crestyl

ohh okay I was just used to it always being in the same spot, and idk if you've noticed already or it's just me but the materials page is kinda broken?
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:42 pm by Leandra

@Crestyl I'll take a look at that now, I might update it a bit anyways while I'm at it.
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 pm by Leandra

Updates so Far:
-Fixed some of the positioning issues with the widths of pages
-Made the Gallery Temporarily Under Construction
-Fixed the Issue with Pending Members
-Updated the Banner
-Fixed Catalogue Purchases now working again
-Updated the Homepage Slideshow
-Styled the Upload Picture button for posts
-Cleaned up the Gallery
-Added an Image to the Chat Button
Post on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:24 pm by Leandra

I've also updated the Weekly Present on the home page with holiday gifts all through December and also more continued up till February with updated items!
Post on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:55 pm by Shelli

I read the other post before this one. Again, thanks for the updates. Since you've been gone everything was at a stand-still. I can't speak for everyone but I can say that I understand. Hopefully with the fixes and changes you have made, and those that are in progress, the site can pick back up again.

When the Gallery is out of construction, will it be the same with the point system working or a trade system? Suggestion: To help with it reaching full capacity, you could put a limit as to how many designs can be placed in the individual galleries.

Advertising will be great for the site to bring in new members. Sending an update email to existing members is great, too. Maybe we could make an official newsletter for emails every month or every other month. Emails can be use for direct advertising.

That's all the suggestions I have for now. If I have any others I'll let you know. If you need help with anything, I'll be glad to help.

Early congratulations on your college graduation.
Post on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:15 pm by Temani234

I've been coming back to this site ever so often lately and I was sad to see that it seemed pretty dead. I fully understand how busy you are, though. I know how overwhelming it can get. Regardless, you've made a lot of changes that you've probably been working on for a long time, it's impressive! Thank you! I too have been gone, but I might start designing again. I'm looking forward to what you've planned!

My one suggestion rn is that you really start a fundraiser, patreon or something. You could also add rewards for patrons. Idk how exactly that site works though
My other question is, who is in charge of all the social media? Not to criticise them or anything, but it would be great if someone updated them regularly again and promoted this site. But, as I already said, I fully understand that it's not easy to make time for this. We're all busy with our lives :)
Post on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:26 pm by Leandra

Okay I'll try to answer some of those questions.... I may figure out some kind of trade system since the Gallery is down, I'm still trying to figure out a way to make points automatic. I'll also be sending monthly emails for sure to keep everyone up to date and keep drawing in previous members. I'll also be doing a fundraiser at some point, yes, I just have to get it all around. As for social media I could really use some other members who are frequent that could help update them since I don't probably have much time.
Post on Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:23 pm by RareEarth

I saw a post on Facebook about the update on this lovely website and I sure hope its true. I love this site and its potential. Plus, it's already cute with the minor updates I'm seeing around here.
Post on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:57 am by angelinamc

One feature that I would love, if we can easily share our designs or other members designs to our twitter or Instagram, face book.. to hopefully draw more members. If you need help with DS Twitter account let me know. I do love to tweet lol As for as the Instagram I know moon was taking care of that. again if you need some help let me know. Still needing more adverts. Now that I can design again I'll be making some more. I had stopped tweeting because well for one thing I ran out of things that I can tweet about. It does draws visitors to this site. I just need more things to get them interested.
Post on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 pm by Shelli

I just noticed that when you hover over an '@someone' it will display some of their info. When you click on it, you get sent to their profile. I'm late if this already existed.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion