Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

New Design Studio Option Added

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 185

So I've been trying to do more research on programs for drawing since I feel that's what we really need to get the site going more. I found a website that had a drawing program called sketchpad and while it sounds basic it's very easy to use and has a lot of neat tools. Basically I've added a tab for this new program on the design studio page. It offers a lot of stuff like patterns, gradients, stands, text, and other neat tools. I'd encourage you all to try it and give me your opinions. I also contacted them about working to make a custom program for the website since their site mentioned they are looking for business partners. That could be a MAJOR improvement for us if I can make that happen somehow. For now like I said we have their version added to the website and I've also made a how to video to make it easier to understand. If you all have questions let me know, Enjoy!

The How-To Video: https://youtu.be/AmEG5hiEQYY
Note that I'm planning to make more in-depth tutorials when I get a chance!

Last edited by Leandra on Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

New Design Studio Option Added Comments

Re: New Design Studio Option Added
Post on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:06 pm by Crestyl

thats awesome! Can't wait to see what people create :)
Post on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:34 pm by Leandra

The How-To Video: https://youtu.be/AmEG5hiEQYY
Note that I'm planning to make more in-depth tutorials when I get a chance!
Post on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:10 pm by Shelli

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll try it out.
Post on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:51 pm by Leandra

@Shelli Be sure to share your designs if you try some with this studio :)
Post on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm by mykelbe

Excited about all the changes and am trying things out. So far I have been unable to get onto Sketchpad from the site and have had no luck downloading it. I'll keep trying though. lion
Post on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 pm by Leandra

I'm currently talking with their team to see about possibly setting up a custom version for our site, giving us our own design studio. I'll probably need to do a fundraiser for it though so that it can be afforded.
Post on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:32 pm by mykelbe

I've been a donator in the past and am always willing to support a viable cause! Go for it Leandra! lion
Post on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:39 pm by RareEarth

I noticed the third option right away. Thank you for giving us these lovely choices.
Post on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:22 pm by Shelli

@Mykelbe I don't think Sketchpad 4.0 has a download option. It seems to be only browser based. This is how I got it to work.

Open Sketchpad. Here's the website if you want a wider view: https://sketch.io/sketchpad/ 

Click the Open and Create button, then click Open in the drop down menu. The window displays "Sketchpad has not configured to your browser." Click the Setup button. Give it permission to save by clicking enable saving. Click Back to go to the work space. Note: You don't have to worry about saving because it will save automatically.

In first time use, click the Open and Create button to Import the model. 

On the Open page, it will display an image of your files. Click on the settings above the image to Delete, Duplicate or Rename it. To open a file, click on the image and then Open.

If you clear your browser's cache it will delete all files from Sketchpad also. You will have to configure it to your browser again.

May this help you and others that are having issues.
Post on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm by Leandra

I had tried it in the browser on its own first and had to enable saving and from then on it worked on our website in the studio, but you may have to do that directly on their site first I'm not fully sure. Either way hopefully we will have our own custom version soon.
Post on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 pm by Shelli

Yeah. I had to enable it on my computer because it was stuck on a loading screen when I tried to import the model. It would be good to have our own version. Maybe, it could be similar to the Girlsense Studio.
Post on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:35 am by Leandra

@Shelli I showed the guy an example of their studio to see what he could do so hopefully I hear back on that soon!
Post on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:13 pm by Shelli

That's cool. Some of the stamps remind me of the ones in GS. That's why I suggested it. If the guy can code the model template into the program so we don't have to import, it would be a great feature.
Post on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:34 pm by Leandra

He said he could definitely do that, one of them main things he is going to customize along with a few other things for us!
Post on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 am by Shelli

It seems like you found a good Developer.
Post on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am by angelinamc

Hello, noticed this the other day. Can't wait to try it. Really miss designing. and I miss everyone.
Post on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:38 pm by mykelbe

Sounds like such positive progress!! Keeping my fingers crossed! lion
Post on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:13 am by angelinamc

Finally got to design something, I used Sumo I'll try out the others. But finally Sumo is able to upload the HD models without freezing up. It worked :) Thank you. That was one of the main problems I had with sumo.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion