Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Daily Design Challenge?

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 199

With a break in my school for awhile, I have some more free time on my hands. I want to push myself to design more often and get back into the groove of drawing everyday. I was thinking about making a daily fashion challenge for myself where I create something new everyday. Of course I want everyone to get involved so I'd also love to see other members share their creations as well. Let me know your thoughts on this and if you think it'd be a good idea for member activity?

http://www.designerssociety.net

Should we start Daily Design Challenges?
Definitely
67%
 67% [ 6 ]
Maybe
22%
 22% [ 2 ]
Nope
11%
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Daily Design Challenge? Comments

Re: Daily Design Challenge?
Post on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:33 pm by LovelyNickita

oo sounds fun c:
Post on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 am by OuraniaHathor

I think it's a great idea. Personally I wouldn't be able to create every day due to rl commitments, but I would definitely get involved when I could.
Post on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:35 am by VKitty

@Leandra I think this is a great idea and it will get people active. Also, can there be some beauty challenges, too? Even if there has to be a different post/thread for it, it will be fine to make a separate challenge booth for those who like to design beauty.
Post on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:07 pm by Shelli

Definitely. In my opinion, designing everyday could be excessive. I think Weekly Design Challenges is a better fit. Also, you wouldn't run out of themes.
Post on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:37 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Seems too often to me. Keep it simple challenges and longer time span... then yes.
Post on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 pm by Leandra

I mostly just meant trying to encourage daily practicing, not everyone would have to make something daily. Weekly would work too, its just the general idea of showing that I'm continuing to design and get others into it as well!
Post on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:45 am by Shelli

@Leandra Understood. Thanks for clearing that up.
Post on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:23 pm by VKitty

Hi, @Leandra. I know you're busy and I don't mean to beg or come off as harsh, but do you know when the Daily Design Challenges are going to start! I'm really anxious about getting to practice my design skills and show others. I hope there are some beauty challenges! And are the March updates going to be happening in April?
Post on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 pm by Leandra

@VKitty I'm continuing updates yes and the Daily Challenges will likely start within the next week or so!
Post on Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:47 pm by Whisper

I doubt anyone will enter into this. This site is so dead it's 6 feet under. Only people alive must be zombies.
Post on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:50 am by Whisper

There's about 5 people who use this site. How will another inactive contest make people join in... when only people to join are so talented the lesser newbie designers get put off.

Take it for real.
REAL TALK
This site needs a major over hall and fun injected into its bones. No contest will provide this. Needs games and reason to stay longer. Not more failures. Not more sadness for those who do not know how to design yet. Wake up and create more inspiring site that's easier to use.
Post on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:59 am by Whisper

The site is riddled with glitches and faults. Fix them so people like it here better, before adding new content.
Post on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:07 am by Whisper

I wouldn't go that far, but it's like a crumbling house being mended by cowboy builders.
Post on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 am by VKitty

@ArtisticBiscuit I feel the same way, I just want there to be some substance but it doesn't have to go over the top. We can still participate in things even if half the stuff is broken. You know, I just wish someone could make a new designing website, even if they have to use Webs or something, because at least Webs has a usable gallery.
Post on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm by Temani234

No offense to anyone, but I think we all need to chill for a moment and take things less seriously! The trolling that has taken place was incredibly ridiculous and immature, I’m glad it was handled well and quickly, but the rest of us should also not get too riled up either. And I don’t know if making daily (literally…) posts about how bad everything is, is gonna help with the atmosphere. We know what the problems are. Literally all we can do is use the non-broken parts of this site, interact and wait (or just quit all together). And you know, I don’t have a lot of free time to even post, so I can imagine what it’s like to maintain and work on a website such as this one (I’m actually working on two websites as part of my job, so I kinda know, although it’s not as big and complicated as this site). On the other hand, I know that no one is gonna wait forever. But the lack of optimism and understanding I see when I log on hardly makes me want to come back again tbh… and I’m also not saying we shouldn’t voice constructive (!!!) criticism. Man I don’t even know this is just my unorganized two cents I’m sorry
Post on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 am by Leandra

Alright everyone, clearly some people went way out of line and one had to be banned for the time being. I can't tell you all roses and say that everything will be done right now or within the next month even. I am trying to work on things little by little, but there are actually complex issues that take many hours of coding which I currently lack. When I had time to ideally make everything perfect I would spend 10+ hours a day on the site. I had an 18 hour day just yesterday with work and class, which I'm quite exhausted from. So I'm sorry to say but until I graduate at least in June here I won't have much time to fix major issues. I also don't have the funds on my own to hire someone to fix these things, as well they'd have no idea how I have everything intertwined together. For now, all I ask for is some patience and for everyone to be creative as possible. After all that's what the site is about, and there is still a way for you to all create designs and share them with members in a community. Some things like the gallery may be down, but it's what you make of the situation. I want to make everything as perfect as possible, but things break randomly sometimes like the buying options. It's harder than some of you may even realize to keep track of everything. I also wouldn't choose to give anyone the master password because otherwise that'd be compromising the entire site possibly with someone having full access to do what they want. Then who knows what would happen to the site! I understand your concerns and not wanting to wait forever, but in the meantime try to keep designing and I'll definitely be giving updates and sending out mass emails etc when things begin to change more!
Post on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Look I get the site is time consuming... but, Leandra adds new sections regularly that add to the upkeep.
Yes they're nice and all... but if you can't keep the basics going strong, you shouldn't add extras like boutique creator or new studios...
I understand it's lot of work and you're good at what you do. I like the site yet there needs some life injected into it.

I've tried a lot of things. If we all work together surely it could work out, right? Use each others skills. So keep posting and designing guys.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion