Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

July Updates & More

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

So I know that it's been awhile since I've added site updates, but I'm now able to settle down after graduation and take some time to work on the site. You've all noticed the new weekly design challenges which will eventually have an archive to look through and a spot in our main menu. We also have a new contest for all of you to join and help contribute to the site at the same time. Those of you who are interested, you can create an outfit for our site model in the main menu! http://www.designerssociety.net/t1948-site-model-contest
I'm not planning on any major changes within the next few weeks, but I plan to generally clean things up and make minor adjustments to help you all out. I want to get to as many errors as possible so anything that members notice, please send me a message about them!
I'm also sending out newsletters in hopes of drawing in more members who may not be as active or haven't been to the site in awhile. This will be just part of my upcoming plans to better advertise the site, which will hopefully help us thrive overall. Anyone else who has suggestions or wants to help out please comment or message me!
One major thing to keep in mind, I'm going to be on vacation the beginning of August through the 20th. So anything in that time i may not get to until I'm back, after that I'd like to start putting advertising into effects!

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

July Updates & More Comments

Re: July Updates & More
Post on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:26 am by Leandra

I've also finally paid to have the ads removed for members again as well! In the future I plan to start a fundraiser for such costs since that'll make it easier to keep up with ads and the domain name!
Post on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:14 pm by angelinamc

This is awesome news:) Hope you have a wonderful vacation Leandra:)
Post on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:47 am by Shelli

Congrats on graduating. Thanks for the updates. I sent you a message about the site walk-through being stuck on step 9. Members requested for games to be added. Maybe we could add some in the future. 

Have a great vacation. :)
Post on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:49 pm by angelinamc

Oh yeah Congrats on graduating sorry I missed reading that, was reading this on my phone small print:) Yes I love games. I had fun with the Who Am I game that I did had quite a bit play it, If you want me to start that up again Just would like it if we can take turns with it. It took a lot of designing but again it was practice for me lol.
Post on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:36 pm by mykelbe

CONGRATS on a hard task done!!   I love games as well so count me in!
Post on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:26 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Well done girl. 
It's funny how the facebook for this site I help run has more likes. Yet none of them seem to be coming  for this site. More for general fashion. 

Perhaps message some of those people and ask them to give this game/website a try.
Post on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I have an idea.

The homepage looks confusing to new members. You know my helpful magazine i did to show people how to use this site.
Thought something like that could be added to the homepage.
Then new members don't get put off with not knowing how to work the site.???????
Post on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:08 pm by SuckMeSay10

I'm new here or at least, haven't been here in such a long time. Now, I'm seeing the site is nice, yet. And I'm proud to return and bring my designing game forth!
Post on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:00 pm by Shelli

@SuckMeSay10 Welcome back.
Post on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 pm by SuckMeSay10

@Shelli Thank you so much!
Post on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:22 pm by angelinamc

Leandra, just wanted to make a suggestion to this site, I was hoping that you can put the Help Center and the Need help on the top of the page so when new ones log in they can easily see it also maybe make a topic that always stays on top for the new ones to post their questions. I have been seeing new ones pop in. And I know many of them get lost and don't know where to start. I was hoping that maybe you can start everyone with a starter boutique that is set up for them. If you need help Im pretty sure Shellie, and I and Mykelbe would love to help. One more suggestion the page that ones sees before logging in is it possible to slow down the topics they go so fast and it's difficult for ones to see what they actually are about. I sometimes see more than twenty viewing this site but don't join or log in so they are reading but for me when viewing it, it's a bit fast. Hope this makes any sense.
Post on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:24 pm by angelinamc

Ok I just checked again and it seems that you did slow it down a bit. Sorry about that. I also noticed the Need help at the top right hand corner, would like to
see that when you log in as well. For some reason I get a lot of ones who don't see it and ask where they can get help. So by having it somewhere on the home
page easy to spot would be nice for new ones.
Post on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 pm by SuckMeSay10

I found that the catalogue is not really functioning properly. Refreshing the page doesn't help any of the images or items to be seen, either. But it's just to let you know. Nothing major.
Post on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:22 am by Leandra

My next priority is fixing the catalogue since that's been acting up. I'm not sure if it's because the image host but hopefully it won't be too much to fix. I just got back from Portland so hopefully I'll get time in the next week or so to do a few fixes on the day or so I have off work.
Post on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:13 pm by Shelli

@Angelina A starter boutique sounds like a good idea. Maybe create a few they can choose from until they are ready to create and edit their own. I think that would be better than the default blank one. Seems like a temporary solution until the boutique editor is fixed. Another Idea, create a 'Welcome to DS' package and other fashion and interior packages. 

@Leandra Welcome back. I understand writing these programs takes some time, but would it be too much to add a try on part in the Catalogue. So we can see how it looks on the model before we buy.
Post on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:26 am by ArtisticBiscuit

How about the magazine page where I put together a room design... That turn into a pack people can buy or on catalogue?
Post on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:33 pm by angelinamc

Boy I really wish there was away that we can tweet or share these awesome designs on here directly from here to Facebook, flickr, twitter etc. hope this makes since :) and I love your ideas too Shelli and Art. Leandra hope you had a wonderful time in Portland:)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion