Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 226

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Society Reader: April 2018 Comments

Re: Society Reader: April 2018
Post on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm by Leandra
Be the first to comment on the April issue!
Post on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:55 pm by Benergy
I want CC back
Post on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:51 am by BBates (Online)
I like it
Post on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:33 am by ArtisticBiscuit (Online)
Sweet looking issue. Love the design tips. Need more ways to inspire designing.
Post on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:28 pm by VKitty
I read previous srs and it says things about things being added such as boutique maker but I never see that happen my advice would be to not get our hopes up in these magazines but maybe inspire and advise if that's they only option to go for. Another thing to attend to would be why is there showing of past activities? For example last issue showed awards and this showed custom central all of which we long for but see no future to get back. Its irritating in every manner seeing how everything is blatantly dull
Post on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am by Leandra
@VKitty I'm sorry that things have gotten delayed form even what I was expecting, that's why I didn't bring up mention in the current issue about the boutique creator and such because of other recent changes. I had explained in other posts about my busy schedule with moving quickly and unexpectedly, I'm not sure if you've moved before, but especially on my own it has taken a lot (not to mention I moved basically 3hours from my previous home). Working full time was also making it hard for me to focus on DS, but the statements still stand that those features are top priority. I'm now more settled in and while you might not see it, I'm strategizing behind the scenes for site advertisements and other ways to improve and give me a way to add programming. I have all the files I need for the boutique creator, but need to go through thousands of lines of code to even find the smallest errors. Now the reason I'm showing previous features isn't just for nothing, if you read in the article I do talk about them making a reappearance. Half those features I still have hidden pages for fully coded on our site, I kept them because I knew I'd use them all again someday. I get that you might be frustrated, but one person can only do so much and I have many other aspects in my life.
Post on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:50 pm by ArtisticBiscuit (Online)
Maybe do not get members hopes up. It would be best to only talk of features that are here or are so close to finishing you are certain they will be here.
Post on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 am by Leandra
I'll keep that in mind but the features are definite, its just a matter of how long it takes.
Post on Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:55 pm by VKitty
no need to be harsh I was only pointing out somethings I feel like crap now and don't want to be here anymore
Post on Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:07 pm by ArtisticBiscuit (Online)
Can we all get along. Plus a whole site like this if you wish to expand and make money from it, cannot last forever with one person alone.
It needs help.
It needs fun and upkeep. Not broken promises and broken parts a lot.
Sorry for the real talk.
Post on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 pm by angelinamc
Diamond Liked
Post on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 am by BBates (Online)
Don't be sorry Arty it needs to be said
Post on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 am by Leandra
I'm not sure if you all took my comment harshly, but I've heard plenty from all of you and I'm trying to do what I can and every time i do I seem to get more negativity than good. For example, this post was about trying to figure out what features you all want most so I can work on adding it the soonest. Also Art I'm very surprised at your comment since I've talked to you in confidence over the past few weeks about everything i've been working on, including showing you samples of the Diamond Collectibles and what not that I'm doing. So clearly you know that behind the scenes I'm working on stuff, I'd expect you to be the most understanding of that. I know I can't do it all by myself but like I've explained in the past I can't afford to pay someone else to help and I won't just trust a random person with the site admin panel, as they could do us more harm than good and shut the site down entirely if they wanted. You all need to just chill out with the drama and find a way to channel that into actually thinking of creative ideas. Not one of you has even contributed a solid constructive idea to this post aside from saying you want the custom central back. How do you all expect me to do big things for you when you all continue to attack me about lack of getting some things done. I have a life outside of DS believe it or not, I graduated college and I'm trying to pay bills and student loans and as much as I want to dedicate all my time to DS, I can't just drop everything and do that. I'm trying to build my own business in graphic and web design, which takes a lot of work on its own. I am trying to set aside as much time as I can though to work on coding and features but all the dramatic comments will get none of us any further. Even the time I'm having to take to respond to this could be 20 minutes more I'd been coding a new feature like the Challenges which I've been trying to update over the past 4 days. I've warned all of you before about the drama and I'm at the point of banning accounts from being able to post because even if that won't increase member activity, it certainly won't help our new members to come and see all the craziness. I've said my peace and any further comments you all want to make, just take them up with me directly through private messages.
Post on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:59 pm by ArtisticBiscuit (Online)
I have given you loads of ideas when we talked and in past. I understand about the coding but there are other parts of site you can try to get help on like you have with the magazine.
Post on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 am by Leandra
@ArtisticBiscuit I know youve given lots of ideas for things which Ive actually put on my list of todos, I'm just surprised that youve been so negative on your comments here after all our conversations. I've been getting help on the Society Reader already and I even made a post looking for help, Ive added those people to the magazine already and given pages. Besides what most of you are looking for advancements on are things only accessible through my administration, so no I'm not going to expose that part. Images and graphics people can feel free to help with although that still won't make a difference on the actual coding I need to do.
Post on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 am by Leandra
I made a post about the next feature for a reason, that was a way I could have you all help, with constructive ideas and votes.
Post on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:57 am by ArtisticBiscuit (Online)
I would focus on the parts of the site only you can do. Then give members tasks like making adverts etc to free your schedule. Im just saying that you are taking on to much.
I feel it be better to fix what you have got to a workable order before adding major new features.
Sorry for being negative.
Im just tired of my help not really progressing the site much or at all.
Post on Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:19 pm by Leandra
Well I have one major thing that members can help with, content for the DS Unlockables. I'll see about making post to let members submit designs for it, but otherwise besides the Society Reader I don't currently have as much for members to work on. Ads they can do at free will as I posted about everyone helping with advertising so we shall see if members help on that. Another option is for members to donate and help me out monetarily to pay for ads and possibly someone to help code!
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion