HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Updates & Changes

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 255

The most noticeable change you'll all see is the new loading function which should show a loading circle until pages are fully loaded. I put this in place to ensure that our other site features work correctly, by giving the pages a full chance to completely load. If anyone notices issues with this at all please let me know, I'm about to test it in different browsers next. I'm also going to do my best to help speed up general site loading so that this will help our Challenges load better on all pages. Just a few updates so everyone let me know if any of this helps or not!

Gallery Updates:

-There are a few cosmetic changes to the Gallery to give a slightly more appealing look, as well as a larger more accentuated "Buy Design" button.

-I've also now increased the maximum gallery price of fashions to 99,999 Points. This can be used for making offers on fashions as well. I know that 1,000 points has now changed in value so this offers some members a chance to spread more points around!

-Also those who have designs set to offer only and haven't been sold in over a month will be automatically priced. So everyone check out the gallery to see more fashions now for sale!

Help Center:
-I'm currently updating a few things in the Help Center to make it more helpful and detailed for members. Including implementing videos on designing fashions, etc.

-Need Help link has been added to our Side Menu so that it's easier for new members to get help fast

Other Updates:
-Your rank, points, and diamonds are clickable (hopefully helpful to new members). Each with links that will take you to pages that tell you about them; or in the case of points it will take you to the bank where you have the option to purchase more points.

-Problem with the capital "P" not being visible has been fixed for the most part. (Let me know if you notice any pages where they aren't visible so I can fix it)

Last edited by Leandra on Wed May 30, 2018 3:19 pm; edited 4 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Updates & Changes Comments

Re: Updates & Changes
Post on Wed May 23, 2018 3:03 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
Im finding the circle loading thing takes over a minute before it goes away. So you cannot use the site for awhile.
Post on Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
Oh and the circles appear everytime you do anything on the site. Not just once. I posted message, then minute of circles again lol.
If it was once for loading the site it be fine. But, after each action gets a bit much.
Post on Wed May 23, 2018 3:44 pm by Leandra
That's the point of it. It's based on how long it takes the page to load. They'll disappear once the page has fully loaded, meaning until then you just have to wait. This can be based on several things including your internet speed and other factors on the site. It's set on every page of the site so it'll appear everywhere and if the pages load super fast then yo may not even see it or only for a short time. It takes longer on some pages like the home because obviously there's a lot to load. The point of it is to make sure users aren't trying to do things before the site has loaded otherwise some features won't work properly like challenges, the studio, etc. I'm working on also speeding up site speed as well which means less time you'll see it loading eventually.
Post on Wed May 23, 2018 4:15 pm by Leandra
Mainly I'm trying to speed up overall site loading and I've been testing the loading of Challenges and what I've noticed so far with my few changes is that it's getting better. Anyone else who notices challenges loading better/faster too lemme know!
Post on Thu May 24, 2018 12:41 am by ArtisticBiscuit
Other than the challenges the pages loaded really fast for me. Now i see page load but the loading thing wirling round after page fully up on screen but with blured film over.
Post on Thu May 24, 2018 8:32 am by Leandra
I may be able t change it to certain pages that take longer, but the better solution really is to speed up the site loading in general. Think about it, if new members are waiting super long for stuff to load or not waiting and things don't work properly then they're more likely to just give up or leave. At least this way if things take a little while when they first join the site there's a loading icon to show them it's still loading.
Post on Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 am by Leandra
I found a way to make it only appear on certain pages that take a long time to load, that have lots of codes or images, etc. You'll see it present on the home page, design studio, catalogue, and gallery, but not every single page so hopefully that helps.
Post on Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 am by Leandra
Update: I've also now made our new member tutorial interactive right away. Now instead of them logging in for the first time and then choosing if they want to do the tutorial or not, it starts automatically as they are registering to be a member. So when members start the joining process it not only steps them through that but then continues with the new member tutorial. Hopefully this will help members see what the site has to offer and learn to design/explore the site easier.
Post on Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 am by BBates
I think this is a great feature! My pages load up so quickly but I do like this a lot. The little diamonds are just the cutest. Anyway I noticed other simple changes like the font of the website and everything is looking beautiful. Thanks Leandra for all your efforts I love ds!!
Post on Mon May 28, 2018 3:28 pm by Starloft
This helps a lot! I was not able to click on the link for the challenges before, but now I am able to! Thank you :) Diamond Liked
Post on Tue May 29, 2018 11:41 am by Leandra
I'm super happy its helped you both and hopefully over time with the more small changes I make it'll get even better.
Post on Wed May 30, 2018 10:16 am by Leandra

Gallery Updates:

-There are a few cosmetic changes to the Gallery to give a slightly more appealing look, as well as a larger more accentuated "Buy Design" button.

-I've also now increased the maximum gallery price of fashions to 99,999 Points. This can be used for making offers on fashions as well. I know that 1,000 points has now changed in value so this offers some members a chance to spread more points around!

-Also those who have designs set to offer only and haven't been sold in over a month will be automatically priced. So everyone check out the gallery to see more fashions now for sale!

Help Center:
-I'm currently updating a few things in the Help Center to make it more helpful and detailed for members. Including implementing videos on designing fashions, etc.

-Need Help link has been added to our Side Menu so that it's easier for new members to get help fast

Other Updates:
-Your rank, points, and diamonds are clickable (hopefully helpful to new members). Each with links that will take you to pages that tell you about them; or in the case of points it will take you to the bank where you have the option to purchase more points.

-Problem with the capital "P" not being visible has been fixed for the most part. (Let me know if you notice any pages where they aren't visible so I can fix it)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion