HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Falling out of luv with DS

AuthorMessage
ArtisticBiscuit
Angel Team
Motto : Treat people how you want to be treated.
Diamonds Diamonds : 241

Lately i'm not inspired to do anything on here.

Either I'm growing up...or it's getting dull. IDK

Please help get my mojo back for this place. 

Keep designing you guys.

Don't worry it's only a bad day, not a bad life.

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Falling out of luv with DS Comments

Re: Falling out of luv with DS
Post on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:22 am by Moon
Yikes, well this is a bummer to read. I don't think you're growing up tbh. It is normal to have times where you are in a block or start doubting something you are excited about etc.

This used to happen to me and what I would do is take short absences so that when I came back I was ready to design after the break. So like not being on for a week helped. OR not being on every single day. I mean i'm not asking members to stop being on every day but it sometimes can wear you out.

I think you find something you REALLY want to do, and do it. Like for me it was finally realizing I was good at furni and making that furniture store inspired me to keep going. So find something out want to make or maybe practice on getting better at. You don't have to constantly put out content.

Also so many cool features are hopefully coming back and maybe that will inspire you. Just hang in there
Post on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 am by ArtisticBiscuit
Thanks for your kind words moon.
Things change. Got to adapt and go with the flow. Find something to inspire myself.

Also not helpful that sumopaint stopped working and have to learn new studio. Which has no line feature.
Post on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:32 am by Leandra
I'm sorry to hear this, but I understand how sometimes interests change overtime. I often get into creative slumps where I don't feel like drawing or designing anything. The good news is that usually it just comes and goes in waves and often I find that after a short break I later come back with more enthusiasm. I hope you don't get overly discouraged about the studio, I know they kinda changed a lot of things about that over time. The good thing is there are plenty of other solutions out there that can be used and work just as well if not better. Honestly I'd suggest GIMP since I think it's the closest to Sumo and pretty straight forward. Either way its good sometimes to take a breather and you may find that more ideas will come to you in time!
Post on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:08 pm by mykelbe
Never grow up totally Art! Keeping young will be the one thing that keeps things from becoming dull. Mojo comes and goes but it won't come back at all without the innate spark of youthfulness. Trust one that's been there and back! lol 🦁
Post on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:47 pm by Moon
aha @mykelbe I loved reading this
Post on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:11 am by Whisper
Aww. This place needs you girl.
Everyone keep designing to inspire Art.

Never grow up thing reminds me of Peter Pan lol.
Post on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:27 pm by VKitty
If you don't feel like designing there are other things to do here whether it be talking to people or posting fun things for others to enjoy possibly a game or so. :)
Post on Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:48 pm by mykelbe
Thanks Moon!!Appreciated!
Post on Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm by BBates
@ArtisticBiscuit Don't quit. Don't ever give up times get tough Things turn stale but there are always great things beyond so we have to not be letting up and giving amusement a try at other things
Post on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:34 pm by ArtisticBiscuit
I am not quiting. More being less active. Figuring out ways to get inspiration back.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion