HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Design Studio Updates

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Motto : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 255

Hello all! I wanted to let you know of a few changes to our Design Studio. I'm currently experimenting with ways to customize our design experience and make things easier for members. In doing so I've found that Photopea supports a large amount of customization including some things that will likely be implemented down the road. For now the new setup gives you the option to choose a model base, boutique template or upload your own image. From there it automatically loads the image, making it easy for you to start designing right away. I'm going to eventually make some improvements, but this is just a starting point. I've also added some helpful links for our members who may need help. I'm hoping that I can eventually implement this studio into saving in our gallery, as I believe it may be possible through coding.
Please note those of you who prefer using the other studios, I will be adding links for those again. Although I highly recommend using this studio as it's what will be getting improvements in the future! Hope to hear what you all think and if you have questions I will do my best to help!

A Big Update: Since discovering some coding possibilities I've been working hard to implement the studio with our designs. I have officially found a way to now let members choose a model and then choose a fashion template to use. It's not completely perfect and you may have to refresh the page if it doesn't load right, but it's a great step. This will hopefully make things better for new members who want to start off simple, for those of you who don't want/need the templates there's an option to just start off blank. I'm also working on some small customization things as well such as changing the theme colors and adding our own custom signage to the program.

A few other nice things to point out, I've been simplifying the menu and tools also so that it's basically just the stuff we need. There's an option to save as psd for later editing, or export the file, or even have it uploaded to an image host right away for use!

Last edited by Leandra on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

What do you think of the improvements?
Awesome!
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
It's Okay
50%
 50% [ 2 ]
Not so great
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Design Studio Updates Comments

Re: Design Studio Updates
Post on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 pm by NEOdesigns
I like that members could choose a model to design. Diamond Liked 
Saving to our galleries from the designing studio will be a great improvement. 
I'm having trouble designing with Photopea. The Pen tool has a glitch.
Suggestion: Storages/Closets to store designs we create and buy.
Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:11 am by ArtisticBiscuit
I miss not having a line tool like in sumopaint.
Other than that most stuff can be done on either of the studios.
Good job updating.
Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:49 am by BBates
I miss sumo too but am finding time to design with the other studios just fine even if it takes a little bit to get used to
Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 am by Leandra
@ArtisticBiscuit Under the rectangle tool there's a drop down menu with the line tool :)
Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 am by Leandra
One other nice thing about this studio, it supports many file formats so if you usually work in say Photoshop you can actually upload photoshop files into it! Really this studio has a lot of options yo just have to explore
Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 pm by NEOdesigns
@Leandra Good to know. I'll continue to work with Photopea. Why does this glitch happen?

Open:

Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:02 pm by Leandra
When is that happening? Moving or zooming or just random?
Post on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 pm by NEOdesigns
@Leandra After zooming in and out, I use the Pen, Smudge, Brush and Erase tool it glitches. I click the layer that it's happening on until it goes away. But It comes back again. This is my second attempt in the image. The first attempt's glitching was much worst. I'll keep trying.

@ArtisticBiscuit Use the Pen tool to make straight and curved lines. Click where you want the first Anchor Point to start, then click where you want the second Anchor Point and drag. Make sure the Fill Type is None, choose a color for the Stroke and choose a Size. I recommend 3 for Size.
Post on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 am by ArtisticBiscuit
I think a YouTube video on basic designs tips..would be awesome.
Or SR page.
Post on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:35 am by Leandra
@NEOdesigns Hmm well I will have to experiment with it to see why that may be happening. I'm assuming when you go to save the file is fine? I know they are working on the studio too so they may even be aware of this glitch.
@ArtisticBiscuit Since Im still improving this I will definitely want to add videos eventually, for now Im still working out the kinks.
Post on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:38 am by Leandra
A Big Update: Since discovering some coding possibilities I've been working hard to implement the studio with our designs. I have officially found a way to now let members choose a model and then choose a fashion template to use. It's not completely perfect and you may have to refresh the page if it doesn't load right, but it's a great step. This will hopefully make things better for new members who want to start off simple, for those of you who don't want/need the templates there's an option to just start off blank. I'm also working on some small customization things as well such as changing the theme colors and adding our own custom signage to the program.

A few other nice things to point out, I've been simplifying the menu and tools also so that it's basically just the stuff we need. There's an option to save as psd for later editing, or export the file, or even have it uploaded to an image host right away for use!
Post on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:02 pm by NEOdesigns
@Leandra Thanks for the update. The file saved to my computer successfully without the glitch. I like the dark grey workspace. If we can have the option to choose between the light or dark grey, that would be great. 

Trying Photopea:

Post on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:37 pm by VKitty
@NEOdesigns That is very beautiful! How much would you be willing to sell that hair for?
Post on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:51 am by Leandra
Beautiful, I love the Ombre. Also I made it the light white studio by default but you can change to any of the 5 color themes they offer. Either on the intro window that says Designers Society you'll see the small colored squares on the bottom right side, you can click on those to change the color. Or under the More tab there's a dropdown menu for theme :)
Post on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:26 am by angelinamc
Diamond Liked Thank you Leandra I'll give it a try, I've tried so many design studios downloaded quite a few of them and I'm still not able to design much. Each of the studios I've tried  had a lot of problems, most of the time they would freeze up. So I'm excited to try out this one.:)
Post on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:12 pm by Leandra
Well I hope to be able to focus on this studio and help members through video tutorials. Since I'm able to focus on one studio that also makes it easier for me to make more videos for it instead of having to make a video for 3 different studios! I plan to start working on recording this week so if anyone has requests for this studio please let me know :)
Post on Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 pm by NEOdesigns
@VKitty I'lll pm it to you.

@Leandra Got it. Thanks.
Post on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am by VKitty
@NEOdesigns That's too kind of you. Are you sure you don't want anything for it?
Post on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:11 am by Leandra
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm currently working on recording some studio videos.
Also they've added a new option under the File tab now you can Open & Place which adds an image as a layer on the same file, instead of before when you had to upload them separate and use Duplicate Into.
Post on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:22 pm by NEOdesigns
Great I'll check for the video. Before I opened the separate image in its own file and dragged it into the current file. Open & Place just saved me couple steps.
Post on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:08 pm by Leandra
I've just published the first of a few videos for the new studio. This one covers all the basic tools and some uses for them! I also have added this to the Studio under the help section for those who are new and need it, along with a list of others that I'll be publishing soon! https://youtu.be/0w6-QqMFGSM
Post on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:19 pm by NEOdesigns
Thanks for the tutorial. @Leandra
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about everyone joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Advertise Us | Help Center | Contact the Owner | Forumotion