Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

The Recent Features

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

So you've noticed the new additions to the site in the past week or so. I've worked on adding many new things like training, careers, auctions, transaction history, and advertisements. So now that they've all been added I want all your real feedback. Many of these things take a lot more work for myself but maybe you have suggestions to make things easier? Let me know what can be added or taken away. I also wanna know your stance on a few debates such as length of the auctions and what to display in transaction history.

http://www.designerssociety.net

How long should auctions last?
3 days
80%
 80% [ 12 ]
5 days
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
1 week
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
longer
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Recent Features Comments

Re: The Recent Features
Post on Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 am by Cerise

I think the auctions should last for 5 days max. It should end sooner if there is no activity for 24 hours. Just like the ones they had on Lolita.

And I think the transaction history doesn't need any changes.
Post on Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 am by Soap

I think 3 days is the perfect time. Because, to be honest, after 3 days, everyone had basically put their bids in, and then it just sits there for the rest of the week. ._.
Post on Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 am by Crestyl

It is true, after the 3 days everything was settled. I would say 3 days max. and, that way people can get their auctions in there.

Another idea is that since you can steal designs so easily we should fix that. If you put a shield on it like you do in the auctions then that would be good. But, since you have it on layers people can still take designs from the auctions. Maybe somehow make a watermark and the design on one layer and keep a storage of them without the designs? I don't know but I'm guessing why there aren't a lot of buyings from other members except the active ones is because they just steal it.

Another idea would be to have it easier to share DS with other people. maybe by others ways than facebook? I suggest putting email in there since everyone here has to have one to make an account.

And, it isn't like really NEEDED, but it could be fun to have a game section like they did in GS. (I wasn't on there but I saw a screenshot of the homepage) Could you like make a page and take some games like...(this is just an example) you take this game: http://www.girlgames4u.com/emma-stone-nail-salon-game.html
and like copy and paste the game in? If that is possible, lol
Post on Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm by Leandra

I understand about auctions being shorter Id like to work on something but like i mentioned with the ads, Ive got a lot to do. I have to do everything manually right now so every week I update the home, ads, and auctions along with giving points and careers. For now they are going to continue to be a week long and what I have organized is a folder for unsold ones as well that can be re-auctioned if a slot isnt filled. For now we aren't over logged with auction requests and if need be on some I see that aren't active ill replace with some others. Unless someone has a way I could automate the process, it's going to be a week long till then.
Post on Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm by Crestyl

I see, well alright :)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion