Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

The Latest Changes

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 197

I've been working hard on some new features and finally have them up. There have been several changes like the new page designs on Studio, Shop, Society, and Agency. The Agency is under progress but the others are done so give your opinion of the new design. Just in the past day I've added a new chat system as well that is just a small tab that takes up less space and is easier to manage. It is a members only feature and it shows the persons info including a link to their profile. You can click specific members and start a private chat (new feature) you can also see their profile and info. Moderators will be some of the members of our help team who can kick and ban members for a period of time. The other newest addition in the past day is the toolbar. The toolbar sends you notifications of new messages, posts in your topics, posts in watched topics, friend requests, when friends come online, and more! You can also view all your info by clicking your username and go directly to your profile, messages, etc. So with all these new things I'd like your feedback on them. What do you like, what needs improvement, how is the look, how do they help/hinder you?

http://www.designerssociety.net

Do you like the new features?
Yes the chat
20%
 20% [ 14 ]
Yes the toolbar
17%
 17% [ 12 ]
Both
46%
 46% [ 32 ]
No
17%
 17% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 70

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Latest Changes Comments

Re: The Latest Changes
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 1:22 pm by Shelli

I love the toolbar. But my chat doesn't seem to work.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 1:57 pm by Chloe

What browser are you using, Sweetshelli?
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 2:14 pm by Shelli

I am using internet explorer 9.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 pm by Chloe

What is the issue? (Doesn't show up, doesn't respond to click etc.)
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 2:45 pm by Shelli

It says, "you are disconnected". Unless I there is something I am not doing right?
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 pm by Chloe

Check if you're "logged out" on the chat. The chat automatically disconnects users when they have had a "session timeout" - an inactive period of not chatting.
If not, maybe try another browser. That might be the issue.

Chrome: www.google.com/chrome/‎
Internet Explorer 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-10-worldwide-languages

If you've been disconnected before, for an actual session time out, try clearing your browser cache.

See how: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache#Internet_Explorer_9

Sorry if I couldn't be of much/any help.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm by Leandra

Thanks for helping her glam also try clicking the login button if it is the page that says you are disconnected click login to join the chat. Also I test stuff on different browsers and it worked fine for me on Chrome and Mozilla Friefox. It wouldn't work on IE 9 I haven't tried 10 though, I know Internet Explorer has lots of issues and they don't support everything. I recommend Chrome, it is what I use for everything and works really great.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm by Shelli

Thanks Glam. It works on IE 10.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm by Leandra

Okay good so what else are everyone's thoughts on the new features??
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 4:21 pm by Chloe

I love the toolbar, but I'm not too fond of the chat.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 4:29 pm by ToxicLove

Yeah, I appreciate all the hard work gone into the chat but I'm not feeling it.
Also, I'm not able to get on it on my iOS devices because there's no link, unlike the Chatango chat.
The toolbar is great though!
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm by Leandra

Do you guys think the toolbar should be fixed where it always follows you a syou scroll on pages or just stay at the very top? Also how would you suggest improving this new chat?
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 4:50 pm by Renko

This is a VERY fine improvement! ^^

I like the toolbar as it's very "Facebooky" as it gives you notifications =3 The Chat is great for those who don't have Chatango and don't want to constantly put a different name every time they move to a different page. (In case I don't make sense:)

>Scarlet
*To Forums*
>Scaarlet
*To Topic*
>Scaaarlet
*10 Page-Flips Later*
>Scaaarrrleetttt

This is great! You rock, Admin! ;3

I think the chat is fine, and the toolbar is fine where it is. cause, I mean, imagine trying to click something and you by accident click the toolbar. Though not much "damage" is caused, (e.x. You flip to a different page, you close window, etc.) It could still get annoying. But that's just a thought.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 5:09 pm by Pink

I love the toolbar. I think that the chat is okay. I like how it uses your username so that you don't have to make a chatango account or keep changing your name. But I wish it were smaller and easier to use. But overall, I like the improvements. Thanks Admin! :)
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 pm by Jazzy

Is it possible to put the chat in the same place the chatango thing was? It gets in the way when I'm designing and I can't chat AND design at the same time.
Otherwise I love the site changes!
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 8:07 pm by Leandra

Im going to probably make a post on the chat once I work out all the kinks so that you all know the new features and how to use it. There is an option to resize and move the chat if you hover the top left where it says Designers Society Chat. Right now the resize isn't working for some reason but I hope to fix this issue by tonight if I can. There is also a link to open the chat in a new tab (still need to design an image but the basic text link is up) That way if you are using a mobile device you can still access the chat or if you don't want chat covering your stuff. You can also click the bottom where it says chat to open and close it much as you want. Another main feature i like is that it changes color when there is a new message so you know! There are tons more features about it that Ill go over when I make a topic post about it. I'm still in the progress of trying to perfect both of them so if you have ideas let me have them so I can try to do that and make them more compatible.
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 pm by Chloe

Not to sound ungrateful but can we please go back to chatango T_T
Post on Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 pm by Leandra

Also the resizing option has been fixed so now at the top left of the chat you can hover and there is a resize and move option!
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:45 am by ToxicLove

I think it should be fixed when you're scrolling, Leandra. :)
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 7:47 pm by Crestyl

I personally, prefer how it used to be.

Toolbar: doesn't even tell you what topic it was. But, I guess it is fine other than that.

Chat: I do like how you don't have to make an account, but...it isn't like right there you have to make it pop up and gets in the way of everything. You can really design while you chat anymore. And, I liked how you could have a picture by your name in the chat.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm by Raven

I love the improvements, as well. It'd be much more convenient if the chat wasn't a popup, but it is pretty sophisticated. It's all a lovely touch. Great job!
Post on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:58 pm by gohstgirls

I don't really like the changes. I agree with pinksparkles10 on the chat thing and the tool bar is pretty cool but it's so...different
Post on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 am by LILLYhatesRED

I really love this whole website! I know I'm new, but I do like where the toolbar is and how it works.
The chat box is pretty cool too :)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion