Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

How's the new look!?

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

So I did some major editing on the css to change out site design. You will notice some major design changes now how do you all like this new look? I've added some transparency, rounded corners, and shadowing all brought together to create the new style. If you think something should be changed just let me know and I'll try to fix it.

http://www.designerssociety.net

Do you like the new site design?
Love it
75%
 75% [ 6 ]
It's okay
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
Don't like it
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

How's the new look!? Comments

Re: How's the new look!?
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 10:47 am by ToxicLove

I actually love this.
I'm getting really used to the chatbox, ONE thing I don't like is that it doesn't show the avatars. That's pretty much what I don't like, the rest is perfect!
And all of the rounded corners and transparency is great. It makes it look really professional.
Just a suggestion, maybe we could have a toolbar at the bottom of the window (doesn't disappear when you scroll, just stays) where you can chat to an online friend in private like Stardoll? (and of course the original chatbox)
Thank you for the changes!
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 10:53 am by Chloe

I love the transparency, I think it creates more playful yet still sophisticated look.

The rounded corners look nice, especially how they are aligned with the comments.

The only thing I dislike is how it is not very mobile - friendly. The chat isn't, anyway. (The popup one) Because on my iPhone it seemingly pops up every 2 seconds and covers almost the entire screen. T_T
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:14 am by Eunoia

The subtle yet strikingly delicate transparency dances on my tongue while the intricate layout and elegant black font gently caresses my face!
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:15 am by Leandra

@ToxicLove wrote:
I actually love this.
I'm getting really used to the chatbox, ONE thing I don't like is that it doesn't show the avatars. That's pretty much what I don't like, the rest is perfect!
And all of the rounded corners and transparency is great. It makes it look really professional.
Just a suggestion, maybe we could have a toolbar at the bottom of the window (doesn't disappear when you scroll, just stays) where you can chat to an online friend in private like Stardoll? (and of course the original chatbox)
Thank you for the changes!

I could easily do this with the toolbar setting it so it's fixed and put it together with the chat possibly but I need more opinions everyone?
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:19 am by Chloe

Agent, are you going to write a novel about transparency?

& Not that anyone cares but I don't like that.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:39 am by Eunoia

Glam wrote:
Agent, are you going to write a novel about transparency?

& Not that anyone cares but I don't like that.

No! A certain person around here will steal the idea!
ಠ_ಠ
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 11:53 am by Chloe

Look of disapproval well used, sir.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm by Pink

I really like it! The only thing that I don't like are the lines. But other than that, I love the new changes! Thanks admin!
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

To me the chat box is annoying how it covers loads of the screen and loads for ages.

I dislike how the buy design button bit covers the design before you buy it. It's annoying how you cannot see the full design in detail. It covers the middle of it and seems weird.

It wasn't like that a while ago.

Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:13 pm by Leandra

What do you mean about the buy button? It should be below the fashions which one is it covering because I haven't seen this yet? The chat can be resized and hidden if you want plus I haven't had anyone complain about it taking long to load?
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm by Chloe

Art, you must be using an outdated browser.
The site loads quickly for me and the buy button is in place..
(In Chrome.)
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm by ToxicLove

No, the buy button does the same for me. I just figured it was no big deal because I don't really purchase things often, but to be a perfectionist, yes the buy button is out of place. Yep, I use chrome but I heard that on Mac Chrome sometimes buttons can be out of place? I don't really mind though.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 pm by ToxicLove

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9853497/any-difference-between-chrome-on-mac-and-chrome-on-windows
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm by Chloe

Like I said, works perfectly for me.

Windows 8, Chrome.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm by Shelli

I love it! I don't have any complaints. But I do think it's a good improvement for the site.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm by Leandra

It works fine for me I use Windows 7 and Ive tested on IE9, Chrome, and Mozilla so I'm sorry if the buy button is out of play I'll try to work on it but its hard for me to tell since I dont have a mac and cant tell when its fixed.
Post on Fri May 31, 2013 7:57 pm by Crestyl

I like it :)
Post on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:10 am by ToxicLove

Oh, I don't mind the buy button. I'm just supplying information, I'm incredibly happy with everything at the moment! :)
Post on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 am by Renko

Hello my friends ^-^
.....disreguard inside...:

I think this is a fabulous look ^-^ I like it! =3 It works great!
Post on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:45 pm by Tammy

I think its really cool! Its a little different but its a good different :)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion