Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Changes and Improvements

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 197

Okay so I'm trying to make as many improvements as i can before I take my summer break. So I want to make sure I have everything on my todo list that I need to before I finish it all. I have just under two weeks to try to get what I can done so let me know. Also I've noticed the icons for posting things have changed a lil but they should still have all the same features like hosting a picture and even some extra things like youtube videos I see.

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Changes and Improvements Comments

Re: Changes and Improvements
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 am by Crestyl

Well, I think we should have a custom page. That would really help everyone that wants custom where to get it. I also think you should make more ways to get points.  Maybe make an arcade where you can play games to earn points
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:06 pm by maddieham

I agree with Crestyl. An arcade to earn points is a good idea. Also, you could add more careers. I think careers are a great idea, and having more of them would be great. I know you said that you were planning on a weekly newsletter, so why don't we have a career for that, such as an editor? I'm sure people would totally be interested in that kind of thing, like myself. Can't wait to see what you will do, Leandra! :)
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 pm by Chloe

I also think you should embed games to play for points. I would also love a career relating to the magazine.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:46 pm by Soap

I like the arcade and magazine ideas, too!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:55 pm by Renko

Play for Points... Ah, good times when you could spend hours on that one level of Balloonz getting so many points. x3 I say it's a great idea!

I (still) personally think there should be a kind of Groups Forum so people can host clubs and hubs and such in there and talk about things they like. :3 It would be cool!

EDIT: Another thing that would be good is if we could see the amount of points we have on every page! Like, at the top or on the little toolbar that follows us up and down on the page! :3

Last edited by ScarletRenko on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:00 pm by Chloe

You should be able to re-sell fashions made from other people in the gallery opposed to having to auction them.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm by Renko

Glam wrote:
You should be able to re-sell fashions made from other people in the gallery opposed to having to auction them.
But then wouldn't it kinda look like they stole it? =/ I, honestly, would take something down if I knew it wasn't by them, so I worry it would be confusing.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 pm by Chloe

Okay then, but that would also apply to auctions, so... It really makes no difference. It should be both or neither.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm by Cerise

YESSSS! That's a great idea Scarlet! I'd love to have a group on here! We can have group activities and daily chats. It's a great way to meet people who share your interests.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 pm by Renko

Glam wrote:
Okay then, but that would also apply to auctions, so... It really makes no difference. It should be both or neither.
Well, I guess that makes sense too =/

@Cerise: Absolutely ^^ Groups were so fun ;w;
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 pm by Pink

I like both ideas! But I do think that we should be able to earn points in the arcade in moderation because it might be too much for Leandra to transfer and the elite rank is based on points earned from fashions and with the arcade those points will be counted too. :)
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:30 pm by Leandra

I love alllll the ideas and some Ive already been working on. The main thing Id love to add is the members current points on all the pages since thatd help a lot. That's a coding issue with my host though so Im trying to work on figuring that out eventually. With groups I've considered that too but since we have forums and the rank groups right now it isnt the main thing. It will definitely be a down the road thing Id like to add though. Now the arcade would be a big project thatd take awhile so I cant do that right this instant but Ill work on it this summer. A page for customs i love that idea and might be able to do something with that since it wouldn't be too hard and maybe add members portfolio of fashions or something. The customs might be something that is in a month but Ill put it on the list. All these suggestions are on my todo list plus tons more things Im trying to work on right now so everyone try to be patient. I definitely have things to do so if someone wants to help just message me I could really use it right now!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:28 pm by Jazzy

I can help with a few small things :) during the summer after the 29th I'll be able to help a lot. Right now I'm crazy with Bat Mitzvah preparations, but I can do a little bit. I'd be happy to help!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:42 pm by Crestyl

I could help aswell!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 pm by Shelli

The play for points idea is a great idea. For the points, is there a way it can only be visible by you (as in the user only) like it was on Girlsense? And I could help you, also.

Last edited by Sweetshelli on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:14 pm by Shelli

Also, I noticed that I don't see the Gallery slide show.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm by Pink

I can definitely help!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm by Tammy

I don't mind helping, :)
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:19 pm by Soap

I'd be fine with helping too, if you need a helping hand!
Post on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm by ToxicLove

Ooh, I haven't  been on in a while due to exams but I love the new message posting system!
I agree about the re-selling items, you are re-selling in auctions, anyways.. Maybe there could be some sort of coding system to see who uploaded the original picture. Or the title would remain the same and somehow the uploader's user would be included in the title?
Post on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 pm by Chloe

I'm always willing to help. 
Post on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:38 pm by Desert

I'm willing to help too :3
I'm just a lil busy with exams for the next week or so but after that i have no life, as per usual
Post on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:27 pm by dreamingincolor

I think it would be ideal if we could see who posted items in the gallery :) Like having their name next to their item?
Post on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:20 pm by Desert

@dreamingincolor wrote:
I think it would be ideal if we could see who posted items in the gallery :) Like having their name next to their item?
You can already see who posted the item.
It says it in the Details section, when you are viewing an item.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion