Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Purchasing Points Debate

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

I've now offered the option for members to buy points in the bank using money (credit/debit card or paypal). It's just supposed to widen the ways you can get points. There has been some debate so Im clearing everything up right now. Realistically many girls ask to buy stuff and get special things from their parents. If this didn't work then Stardoll wouldn't be as successful because they even charge through the nose for everything and things are limited a ton. On here nothing's limited and it's just a way to help contribute to the site. So of course this means they get a lil more benefits they get more points because they are helping us. I'ts mostly just a tactic to help our site out and offer all of you more ways to do things. Everyone know this though: It's never going to come to the point where features are limited to being only bought, Id never do that because its a free site and always will be. So anyone who has questions or wants to talk about it just leave a reply to this debate.

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Purchasing Points Debate Comments

Re: Purchasing Points Debate
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:27 pm by Crestyl

I, personally, like it, as long as it doesn't get carried away
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm by Shelli

Well, It's optional. It's not like people are forced to buy points. The points package are very reasonable in my opinion. And it's another way to gain funds for the site, besides the donations. So in all, I think its a good idea.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm by Soap

The only thing I was worried about was that some features would be a paid members only thing, like Stardoll or Club Penguin. As long as that won't happen, I am perfectly fine with this whole thing. In fact, I really like the idea!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 pm by Leandra

Yes you are all right it's only optional, no features will be limited everything is earn-able overtime, and you'll never be forced to pay for anything.
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:45 pm by Crestyl

alright, then I say it's great!
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 pm by Renko

I personally think that whining over it being available is stupid. I mean, it's not required, you don't have to use it, so why put it down when someone ELSE could want it!? Just because one person doesn't want something doesn't mean that no one else will want it either! Okay, I may not use it, but I'm sure at least ONE person out there would use it!

One of the biggest reasons I love this site is the same as one of the biggest reasons I loved Girlsense--because it's absolutely free and has no force of charge! There's no, "Oh, you're a member now but you can't do anything unless you pay money so go beg your parents till you die to give us money," anywhere! You're a member, there are NO restrictions, and it's great that way! :3

--ScarletRenko (Yes, I'm putting my username because I feel like these 2 "paragraphs" are a speech xD)
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 pm by Tammy

Atleast not all the features are gonna require a bunch of points haha.
The buying points doesn't really bother me its not like shoved down my throught. I can buy it if I want and if i don't want to I don't need to ha. I probably will buy points eventually though haha :)
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:14 pm by Leandra

Okay so since I dont wanna make a whole new topic for this and its related to points and the bank ill mention this new addition. You can now also request a username change from the bank which also comes with your own custom signature with the new username :)
Post on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:29 pm by Soap

Leandra wrote:
Okay so since I dont wanna make a whole new topic for this and its related to points and the bank ill mention this new addition. You can now also request a username change from the bank which also comes with your own custom signature with the new username :)
I like this idea because the 1,000 point fee WAS kind of a consequence for changing your username, but now it's something you work towards and try to earn with your "money", if you know what I mean. I also love the signature idea :D
Post on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:21 pm by ToxicLove

I just want to ask one thing about security- do you review our details or what? I just want to be really careful using a debit card, lol not to insult you or anything (I know you'd never scam me) but does the money just go straight to your bank account when I purchase points?
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 am by Vintageoolala

To be honest, i don't like this because some people don't have the 'money' to buy points. But it would be a great way to promote the site.
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:15 am by jumjum

I think it's a great idea to purchase points and give members the opportunity to donate cash towards the site... especially since it would be an optional feature.

Everyone should remember that the site keeps growing everyday and for now Leandra has to do most of the stuff manually, it would get to a time when we would have a membership of over 5000 members and it would be too much stress and work for her to keep updating stuff manually.

Its good to plan ahead, and if we have enough cash coming in, she can automate certain features of the site, it would make it easier to run the site and give the admin and the angel team less work and more time to also design and have fun..... after all that's the purpose of the site..... to design and have fun....
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:18 am by Chloe

I hate to be "that person" but I really dislike this. :/

Number 1: There are like 10 year olds on this site who don't have a credit/debit card and their parents are not willing to pay/ allow them to pay for an online website. I mean, some 14 year olds might not even be able to.

Number 2: The whole money issue. There are people on here who will go home to an 8 bedroom house and go to school in [insert expensive car here] and others who don't have the money. 

Number 3: Advantages - Come on, it makes everyone elses points seem worthless because they've earned them and other people have just bought them.

Number 4: Different currencies - You might only be able to pay in $, what about all of the people here who use different currencies?
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm by Pink

I kind of agree with Glam's 3rd point. But I also agree that it is optional and is okay as long as it doesn't get carried away. :)
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:55 pm by Desert

I think it's perfectly fine.
Just putting that out there.
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:10 pm by Vintageoolala

Glam wrote:

Number 1: There are like 10 year olds on this site who don't have a credit/debit card and their parents are not willing to pay/ allow them to pay for an online website. I mean, some 14 year olds might not even be able to.

Number 2: The whole money issue. There are people on here who will go home to an 8 bedroom house and go to school in [insert expensive car here] and others who don't have the money. 

Number 3: Advantages - Come on, it makes everyone elses points seem worthless because they've earned them and other people have just bought them.

Number 4: Different currencies - You might only be able to pay in $, what about all of the people here who use different currencies?

This is perfect.

I agree with all of them .

:\
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 pm by ToxicLove

Yes, I agree with Glam's 4th point 150%! Last night I tried to purchase one for tester (I was just exploring, not actually planning on buying it) and I discovered that I can't buy it because I don't live in the USA because it asks for your state and you have a choice of all 50 states.. but I live in Europe so how am I supposed to buy points?
And I think that it's WAY, WAY too cheap. I think Leandra should be able to ask for money because she is making this site out of kindness and she needs to earn money because she doesn't HAVE to spend her time improving this site, but she does. I think that for you to say that Leandra shouldn't earn money on the site is selfish (not directing this at anyone in particular). But if 2,500 points is only 2.50 (the price of a coffee) I think that we would earn points WAY too easily!
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:34 pm by Desert

Actually when you click to purchase the points it sends you to the site where you fill out all your info ,and what not, and you can choose which country you live in, and then it automatically updates the little form for you.
Plus i'm pretty sure it just converts USD to your currency so.
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:18 pm by Leandra

Yup Paypal is what I use and they support many currencies so it can be translated for your country.
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:04 pm by Moon

Vintageoolala wrote:
Glam wrote:

This is perfect.

I agree with all of them .

:\

No Offence but I agree
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:20 pm by Desert

Glam wrote:

OKAYY here's what i think
1) Even if said 10 year olds can't/aren't allowed to buy points, it doesn't mean that it's the end of their DS career or w/e. There are PLENTY of other ways to earn additional points, it just takes a little more effort. In addition to that it's not like Leandra is forcing everyone to buy points, or anything like that.

2) Like I mentioned above. No body is forcing them to purchase points. They can always earn them the ol' fashioned way.

3) Obviously everybody elses points aren't worthless. I mean you can buy lots of cute fashions with your points (✿◠‿◠)  
Plus they spent real money on those points so it's not like it's totally unfair. Also everyone shouldn't worry too much about points! We're all here to have funyou greedy lil kids

4)I answered that aboveee. But it automatically converts the currency for you, once you select your country

I'd also like to add that there are THOUSANDS of other sites that offer the same thing, but most of them make it pretty much mandatory to buy the currency and also on many sites when you buy currency it's usually some sort of fancy special member money which can get you special things, and if i were you, i'd be glad that Leandra has set it up the way she has.

But you know, thats just my view on things
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:24 pm by Renko

DesertGhost wrote:
Glam wrote:

OKAYY here's what i think
1) Even if said 10 year olds can't/aren't allowed to buy points, it doesn't mean that it's the end of their DS career or w/e. There are PLENTY of other ways to earn additional points, it just takes a little more effort. In addition to that it's not like Leandra is forcing everyone to buy points, or anything like that.

2) Like I mentioned above. No body is forcing them to purchase points. They can always earn them the ol' fashioned way.

3) Obviously everybody elses points aren't worthless. I mean you can buy lots of cute fashions with your points (✿◠‿◠)  
Plus they spent real money on those points so it's not like it's totally unfair. Also everyone shouldn't worry too much about points! We're all here to have funyou greedy lil kids

4)I answered that aboveee. But it automatically converts the currency for you, once you select your country

I'd also like to add that there are THOUSANDS of other sites that offer the same thing, but most of them make it pretty much mandatory to buy the currency and also on many sites when you buy currency it's usually some sort of fancy special member money which can get you special things, and if i were you, i'd be glad that Leandra has set it up the way she has.

But you know, thats just my view on things

VERY well said, Desert :3 Couldn't have put it any better. x)
Post on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:25 pm by Crestyl

I agree with desert. I would say my opinion but desert said it perfectly
Post on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:43 am by jumjum

I agree with Desert too, i think users on DS are enjoying so much already, if it were other design/game sites, they would charge and limit users unless some payment is made... I think Leandra suggestion for points purchasing is fair enough.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion