Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Celebrating August: Suggestions Topic

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

This August, Designers Society will be celebrating one year. Although we didn't publicize it until late October, the idea was started in August. So now we are all going to start some new fun stuff and have a community brainstorm. Everyone collaborate your ideas here for new site features. I'll try to give my opinion and reply with what is possible in the near future. From there I'll start working on all the new ideas as soon as I can. Don't worry I have a few tricks up my sleeve as well. The new plans that I have will start to come up late August to early September!

Last edited by Leandra on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Celebrating August: Suggestions Topic Comments

Re: Celebrating August: Suggestions Topic
Post on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:13 pm by Crestyl

I've been keeping a list actually ^^
- A full out boutique design seperate from the clothes area. so you had a profile of your own and when you clicked that profile button it showed you boutique and you usually either save it or remake it or add more fashions
- More auction area
- Logo maker
- Arcade. Where there are fashion games where you play to earn points
- Try out designs
- A not for sale option in the gallery
- Groups and clubs
Post on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 pm by Tammy

I "Closet" Type feature on the site where we don't have to save our fashions into our computer. (Nobody can see those fashions until you click like a sell button or something of the sort?)
Post on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:23 pm by Pink

Hair and accessory training.
Post on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 pm by Vintageoolala

PandaDirection wrote:
I "Closet" Type feature on the site where we don't have to save our fashions into our computer. (Nobody can see those fashions until you click like a sell button or something of the sort?)

Oh okay....
Post on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:52 pm by Vintageoolala

Okay i have some ideas:
-Group chats

-A youtube where ALL ds members can upload videos and tutorials

-Maybe the DS promo video on the home page so people can know what the site is like.

-When members join message them instructions like GS

- Not for sale gallery

-our own gallery on our profile making it so that some are not for sale and some are for sale

-maybe lower some prices in the bank so people with less points have a chance

-have more restriction on girlsense items some have been seen in the gallery

-top auctions

-top viewed fashions

-outfit creator

-makeup/jewelry mannequin

-you should lose points for posting girlsense items

Thats all i have for right now!
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:00 am by Desert

Vintageoolala wrote:
Okay i have some ideas:
-Group chats

You can always start a group PM on the chat....

We have (had?) a channel like that, but idk what happened to it.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 am by Lorica

I support the idea of the "Closet", though I guess it's pretty complicated to implement. :|
And having the opportunity to make groups/clubs would be really nice.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 am by Vintageoolala

DesertGhost wrote:
Vintageoolala wrote:
Okay i have some ideas:
-Group chats

You can always start a group PM on the chat....

We have (had?) a channel like that, but idk what happened to it.

True....
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 am by Crestyl

- fashion templates?
- makeup training?
- magazine advertisements
- a calendar with not only birthdays but with DS events
- I don't know if this is possible but if members could have their own background like YouTube channels
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:31 am by Chloe

Chatango
Being able to buy/sell designs by others
More ways to earn points
Stronger/Harder requirements for being a team member
Change of team members (Apart from Angel team, obviously.) Or you could give them like a "final exam" to see if they would continue being on that team. Because someone on the fashion team uploads GS designs and 2 people on the help team don't know any awards or how to do much.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:36 am by Vintageoolala

-weekly fashion challenges for everyone
-more society stores
-members can give stuff to the society stores or have a featured member in the society stores
-maybe make the boutique so that when you move your mouse over it you can tell if the selling it or not
-i don't know if this will happen but maybe object training like (food, maybe bring back plushies, makeup products, etc)
-make a facebook page for the site
-monthly drawings for points (like we enter with a form and you pick a random member )

I don't know anymore

Last edited by Vintageoolala on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 am by Crestyl

@Glam there is going to be a test refresher for help team members
And she asked for features not things she should change on the site
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:40 pm by Vintageoolala

Oooo

-outfit of the week

Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:42 pm by Leandra

Ill start at the top and work my way down here...
Boutiques design studio: Id love to do this soon as I can but that is something big it might take awhile

More auctions: It would give me a lot more site maintenance and slow me down on new projects (ill try to find easier ways to manage auctions though so that more can be put up)

Logomaker: I wanna make this too but kinda like the boutique studio it could take awhile unless I find another site that provides it that I like (if anyone knows one let me know)

Arcade: I wanna do this down the road but it isnt the biggest priority atm

Avatar creator: Ive tried using other sites to provide a way but most require signing up but in the future Ill try contacting ones like facecreator which was used on girlsense

Try Designs Feature: I love the idea but I'm not sure how i could do this although I have an idea to put the model image behind the designs but theyd have to upload fashions to the right size without any cropping and it might make the person think it comes with the model

Not For Sale: I could look into doing this but the gallery is about selling designs and if they arent for sale then they wont get removed and eventually the storage would be gone. Ill try to incorporate this option on something else though or if I do the closet feature.

Groups/clubs: Again not top priority but Ill look into it soon, also you can all create topics like groups if you want

Closet: I lovveee this and have it on my todo list already but it is a HUGE project. If there is a way to Ill work on it soon as I can but it could be awhile before I could add this.

Hair/accessory training: I want to do this I thought of it as an addition pretty soon and Ill probably start that process this month

Youtube channel: We do already have 2, one is for myself and the other is for members to collaborate on, there should be a forum post with the info to it (if anyone wants to join it)

Promo vid on home: Ill get right on that I love the idea and I thought of making some stuff to promote the site that is viewable by the guests on the site

Instruction Message on join: Ill get right on this too it shouldnt take long and I need to do this actually

Bank prices I think I wanna leave them high so that not everyone can jut buy tons of stuff they have to work for it. Girlsense restrictions, well really gs designs arent allowed and are deleted when seen so we just count on members to report it. Losing points on gs designs should be done yes and from now on Ill deduct like 50 points for that so everyone remember this!

Top auctions/viewed fashions: Ill see about the top viewed fashions thing and maybe a featured auction on the home or something

Outfit creator: I like this but again a big process to make something separate but really members can use the studio to do this now by just uploading the fashions they want from their computer.

Makeup/jewelry mannequin: Ill consider that since I know its popular but Id want one universal model so that they can actually all sell and transfer

Magazine ads: Yes I wanna do this very very soon this month

The Calendar events: The calendar isnt just for birthdays actually it is also for career office events and site events like advertising day. I just need to have more events soon

Member backgrounds: Im not sure I can do this right now but Ill look at it in like a month

Selling others designs: I would like to find a way to do this so that they know it was originally by someone else so Ill look at it soon

As far as our teams, Im working on an exam already for current team members that theyll have to take as a refresher to make sure everyone is doing what they need to.

Weekly Challenges: Ill see about adding this within the next month I really like this idea and itd give members a chance to maybe earn more points

Society store features: Well they are supposed to be just official DS designs but I might be adding one with just popular member designs in the past

Boutique info: Id like to do this but they the member would ave to do a lot more and itd require a whole program making the boutique possibly, Ill see about a little info field where they can list some stuff in the boutique that's for sale (maybe even with a link)

Facebook page: We already have one there is a link on the home page under social networks, we also have twitter and youtube

Drawings: I thought about a raffle type option and Ill add that soon as I can maybe within a month

If there are any other comments Ill continue to reply. For now I'm just going to start work on the most realistic quick projects then within a few weeks Ill take on the bigger tasks. Hopefully by the end of August there will be some new awesome stuff I can have up. I know for sure there will be some events and contests in the meantime.
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:24 pm by Crestyl

I'm so excited ^^
Post on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:40 pm by Chloe

Crestyl wrote:
@Glam there is going to be a test refresher for help team members
And she asked for features not things she should change on the site

& I didn't really ask for your opinion on my individual suggestions. It isn't your site.

On another note-
Everything you listed sounds really great, Leandra.
Post on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:27 pm by awk0turttle

i love this site!!! xD
Post on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:50 pm by Shelli

Reselling Items - How is that going to work?
The item would still be saved on the computer of the person who bought the item. They sell it. And maybe they sell it again for some reason. So how can that be stopped.

And the item that is resold, can it be used again by the person who sold it?
Post on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:59 am by ceecielo

girl3 my http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/18/44/36/40/f13.pngfirst design
Post on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:05 pm by Jazzy

Ohhh I kept meaning to mention this. It's something really small but it can make a biiig difference. On the design page, is there anyway you can make the links open a new tab or window? I've been in the middle of designing something and my mouse has slipped and accidentally clicked one of the links. There have been times when I've lost an entire design because of this problem, or at least a good amount of progress. Is there anyway this can be fixed? Thanks! :)
Post on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm by Leandra

I thought I had them all set to new tabs but Ill check to make sure they are. Also to answer the reselling question, Im not really sure yet. I would like to work on something where they are stored just on the site but thatd take up tons of space and add up to a lot overtime. For now they can just use the reselling category we have and then in the future Ill try my best.
Post on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm by Chloe

I don't see why keeping it is such a big deal, its just like selling multiple copies. People used to do that on GS with that trick.

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion