Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Reservations, Resales, and Personal Albums

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

You may have noticed that in the gallery there are two new categories. Under the member fashions you can upload reservations and resales. This is to help categorize and organize things. Reservations are for customs or fashions made for specific members. Resales are for reselling fashions made by others with credit to them. Some things are still in progress and not finished but these features should start to help organize things. As well now members can have their own personal albums so now you can sort by specific members. I'll probably offer a way for members to link if they have a personal gallery on their profile so others can go straight to their fashions! Give your thoughts on how this will effect things and the new changes.

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Reservations, Resales, and Personal Albums Comments

Re: Reservations, Resales, and Personal Albums
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:03 pm by Chloe

Yessss.
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:34 pm by Lorica

Great. :) Though, I still have this question relating to the topic. Can I 'change' others' fashions and THEN resale them? Of course, with giving a credit to the creator and marking what I changed on the design..
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:46 pm by corncake12348

Perfect! Still not sure why we need like our own Personal Albums. Is it for like people to buy our fashions in there?
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:12 pm by Pink

I love the new changes. :)
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:51 pm by Shelli

I like them all but the reselling can become an issue at times.

For the personal galleries, it will be great to link it to the profile. And the closet also where you can put items that are not for sale.

Last edited by Sweetshelli on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:52 pm by Chloe

How is reselling an issue?
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 pm by Shelli

The item will still be in the reseller's possession. Maybe they would forget they resold it. Then they resell it again. For 2x the profit or so.

Or they may want to resell multiple copies. So would that allowed?
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:32 pm by Chloe

I don't see anything bad about making a profit. Thats what happens in real life.
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:59 pm by Jazzy

This might be too complicated... but what if each time the design was resold, the original designer gets a percentage of the points?
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm by Chloe

Why though? The fashion isn't theirs anymore. They sold it and it becomes someone elses.
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:15 pm by Shelli

Exactly.
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:45 pm by Leandra

Okay well to sort some of this issue which I've fought in my head and Ill now try to solve for all of you. I think that like girlsense members could buy stuff for less and sell stuff for a profit. This brings in the whole part of "rare" fashions such as designs by more famous members. I don't see anything wrong with this and it's just another skill in businesses and making a profit. As far as the personal albums it really is just an easy way for members to find specific users fashions easier. It kinda could work like the My Fashions tab on girlsense. This way if members buy ads I offer the option to link it straight to their personal album. Then it is like their own little store of things that members can buy from them. It is still a part of the gallery so the rules are the same and you sell things the same way. If anyone has better suggestions about the reselling, Im all ears. For now I think Ill allow it with credits to the appropriate people. Also to answer Loricas question, yes you could technically edit their designs as long as you put it under resales and give the original designer credit. I don't have anything more setup for reselling as far as like some special field but I really wanna work on that. Just note that right now when reselling you must give credit either in the title or in the comments below the fashion. Hope this answers all your questions and Ill continue to answer as I see more comments.
Post on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:19 pm by Leandra

I've added a field for putting a link to your personal galleries. So those of you who have created one and want members to gain this easy quick access to your fashions can really use this. All you have to do is paste the link to your personal gallery in the spot where it says PASTE LINK HERE. Those of you without a personal gallery should really consider making one, otherwise you can use the text area for sharing other fashions.
As well when editing your profile under the contact information you can put the link there as well which will be displayed on all your posts. You'll see a shopping bag like as displayed on my current messages. Easy easy access for buying and selling!
Post on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:22 pm by corncake12348

So let's say for example I want to put my dress I created on sale. I can post fashions that aren't reserved and such in the album? :)
@Leandra wrote:
I've added a field for putting a link to your personal galleries. So those of you who have created one and want members to gain this easy quick access to your fashions can really use this. All you have to do is paste the link to your personal gallery in the spot where it says PASTE LINK HERE. Those of you without a personal gallery should really consider making one, otherwise you can use the text area for sharing other fashions.
As well when editing your profile under the contact information you can put the link there as well which will be displayed on all your posts. You'll see a shopping bag like as displayed on my current messages. Easy easy access for buying and selling!
Post on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:57 pm by Leandra

Yes, you can basically make your own shop with all your fashions that you have for sale. Then people can go straight to them in your personal gallery if you link it to your profile and contact info(appears on all your posts as a shopping bag)

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion