Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Extra Privileges?

AuthorMessage
Pink

Personal Description :
Diamonds Diamonds : 115

Well I have noticed that the team members get a lot of privileges and other members aren't able to do much. So I was thinking that other members that aren't Elite or on a team should maybe be able to do more things? Like maybe have pro activities or some more activities for new members. I have just heard many other members on here say that they feel like they can't do much and would like to have more privileges on here, so I decided to make a thread for them. What do you think?

Update by Leandra: Okay this has been reopened for discussion as requested by a member. The debate is over the perks and permissions of the teams being fair or not. Please leave your opinions here about what you think of what they should or should not be entitled to. Current permissions are to: moderate the gallery, moderate the forums, and help me with tasks as needed. Current perks include: the team office, elite content, and 100 points per week Note that a lot has changed since the original opening of this topic in august, with additions of many new things like challenges and so on. I'm also working to add more features all the time(all of which will be for every member to do).

http://dsweeklychic.weebly.com
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Extra Privileges? Comments

Re: Extra Privileges?
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:11 pm by Jazzy

TOTALLY. I agree! :)
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 pm by Guest

I agree one hundred percent.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm by Crestyl

Members shouldn't be able to control forum threads and stuff and Leandra is already working on lots of new features. You have to earn your privileges. But if you want to not feel useless ask Leandra if she needs any help.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:08 pm by Chloe

Well even I can't edit forums.(Other people's) Even though someone edit MY forum. Which is pretty effed if you ask me. But anyway.  I think this is kind of a bias poll because obviously people not on a team will vote for people not on a team to have more privileges.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm by Pink

Thanks for your opinions guys. ;D
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:40 pm by Chloe

ಠ_ಠ
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:54 pm by Desert

It matters what type of privileges you're talking about here. Because suddenly if all members can just do stuff that was once a part of the team tasks or w/e, then team members wont have as much/anything to do, and then team members will feel like being on a team isn't really as special. Also it'll be total chaos, you'll have 8 year old messing up stuff that the rest of us will have to fix.
I think the reason for the teams/elite is so that people have to EARN their privileges. If stuff is just randomly handed out to everyone members on a team, who ,for the most part, earned their position won't have as much authority and special privileges and then being on a team will seem kinda pointless.
idk i just think if you want to have privileges you should get off your butt and do something to get them.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:03 pm by Pink

DesertGhost wrote:
It matters what type of privileges you're talking about here. Because suddenly if all members can just do stuff that was once a part of the team tasks or w/e, then team members wont have as much/anything to do, and then team members will feel like being on a team isn't really as special. Also it'll be total chaos, you'll have 8 year old messing up stuff that the rest of us will have to fix.
I think the reason for the teams/elite is so that people have to EARN their privileges. If stuff is just randomly handed out to everyone members on a team, who ,for the most part, earned their position won't have as much authority and special privileges and then being on a team will seem kinda pointless.
idk i just think if you want to have privileges you should get off your butt and do something to get them.

I don't mean team privileges, I mean things like challenges that can earn them points or extra fun things to do. I don't think that everybody should be able to moderate things though. :)
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 pm by Renko

Depending on your definition of "privileges."

1) If you're referring to "privileges" as in like, the ability to lock someone else' forum or edit someone else' forum message, then that is a serious no-no. Abuse could come up and a war of editing could be caused.

2) If you're referring to "privileges" as in being able to edit or delete what someone said on your post, then that would PROBABLY be a little more... understandable. I mean, no one wants to stare at hate mail or something embarrassing on their forum and no one even WANTS it there, so the idea of this isn't terrifying or an absolute "NO," though conflict COULD still occur. (but what the heck, conflict can always occur anyways so...)

3) If you're referring to "privileges" as in able to do special activities and things like Elites and such then I think this would be good for the members that want to do a little something more. These "privileges" probably wouldn't need to be "earning privileges" since what the heck, they're just activities, so....

This is all imo, so...
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:03 pm by Pink

ScarletRenko wrote:

1) If you're referring to "privileges" as in like, the ability to lock someone else' forum or edit someone else' forum message, then that is a serious no-no. Abuse could come up and a war of editing could be caused.

2) If you're referring to "privileges" as in being able to edit or delete what someone said on your post, then that would PROBABLY be a little more... understandable. I mean, no one wants to stare at hate mail or something embarrassing on their forum and no one even WANTS it there, so the idea of this isn't terrifying or an absolute "NO," though conflict COULD still occur. (but what the heck, conflict can always occur anyways so...)

3) If you're referring to "privileges" as in able to do special activities and things like Elites and such then I think this would be good for the members that want to do a little something more. These "privileges" probably wouldn't need to be "earning privileges" since what the heck, they're just activities, so....

This is all imo, so...

I was referring to #3.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:04 pm by Renko

pinksparkles10 wrote:
ScarletRenko wrote:

This is all imo, so...

I was referring to #3.

In that case then I think it'd be good to give out the abilities to do special activities and challenges. =3
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:05 pm by Chloe

ScarletRenko wrote:

Well, even a current help team member has a habit of editing posts. ಠ_ಠ
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:06 pm by Renko

Glam wrote:
ScarletRenko wrote:

Well, even a current help team member has a habit of editing posts. ಠ_ಠ

Hrm, well I wouldn't know who that is since I'm usually the "late guest to the party" so... =w=''!
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 pm by Chloe

I could send you a PM if you wanted?
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 pm by Pink

Last edited by pinksparkles10 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 pm by Renko

Glam wrote:

I'd say to but I would rather not be involved. But thanks for offering~ ^^''!
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm by Chloe

Well you're angel team so that's kinda your job
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:36 pm by livelovelaughnutella

It's a good idea. I'm not on a team or elite and I feel like I can't do that much.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:10 pm by Desert

Just btw i don't think special privileges and like member challenges are the same thing ;_;
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm by Pink

DesertGhost wrote:
Just btw i don't think special privileges and like member challenges are the same thing ;_;

I guess... I am not very good at wording. Sorry if I confused anybody, lol. :)
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:29 pm by Chloe

DesertGhost wrote:

LOL they're totally different and also can you give me some good music to add to my unfinished playlist on the music listening forum i deleted my plan b album seriously i need music
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 pm by Chloe

ScarletRenko wrote:
Glam wrote:

OMG YOU HAVE 666 POSTS thats so cool lmfao.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:45 pm by Leandra

Okay well here is what I think and my reasoning behind certain site things. The teams are to help like workers on the site so of course not everyone can have these powers. If everyone could just edit anything they want then our site would go down really fast. There would be fights, things getting removed, edited fashions/profiles, etc. It would basically be a mess, I'm assuming this wasn't what you meant but I'm just clarifying that. As far as features go, really everything is open to everyone if they want it. Some things you have to earn otherwise no one would have special things for doing so much on the site. Overtime I'll be adding more things for everyone like tasks or w-e. Everyone can do stuff though, nothing is limited to where you have to buy it. If you all are patient and work for what you want, you can earn anything as far up as Angel Team rank. These members earned what they have for a reason, they've been constant members 6 months + Putting in their time and effort to be a part of the site. I don't see how things are limited for anyone so that shouldn't be an issue. To sum things up, work for what you want and be patient for some new features.
Post on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:56 pm by Renko

Glam wrote:
ScarletRenko wrote:
Glam wrote:

OMG YOU HAVE 666 POSTS thats so cool lmfao.

lmho X'DDD Weeeeell, you gotta hit that number sometime in your life if you're ever gonna hit 1K XD

Leandra wrote:
Okay well here is what I think and my reasoning behind certain site things. The teams are to help like workers on the site so of course not everyone can have these powers. If everyone could just edit anything they want then our site would go down really fast. There would be fights, things getting removed, edited fashions/profiles, etc. It would basically be a mess, I'm assuming this wasn't what you meant but I'm just clarifying that. As far as features go, really everything is open to everyone if they want it. Some things you have to earn otherwise no one would have special things for doing so much on the site. Overtime I'll be adding more things for everyone like tasks or w-e. Everyone can do stuff though, nothing is limited to where you have to buy it. If you all are patient and work for what you want, you can earn anything as far up as Angel Team rank. These members earned what they have for a reason, they've been constant members 6 months + Putting in their time and effort to be a part of the site. I don't see how things are limited for anyone so that shouldn't be an issue. To sum things up, work for what you want and be patient for some new features.

Well said, my friend, well said...
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion