Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Extra Privileges?

AuthorMessage
Pink

Personal Description :
Diamonds Diamonds : 115

Well I have noticed that the team members get a lot of privileges and other members aren't able to do much. So I was thinking that other members that aren't Elite or on a team should maybe be able to do more things? Like maybe have pro activities or some more activities for new members. I have just heard many other members on here say that they feel like they can't do much and would like to have more privileges on here, so I decided to make a thread for them. What do you think?

Update by Leandra: Okay this has been reopened for discussion as requested by a member. The debate is over the perks and permissions of the teams being fair or not. Please leave your opinions here about what you think of what they should or should not be entitled to. Current permissions are to: moderate the gallery, moderate the forums, and help me with tasks as needed. Current perks include: the team office, elite content, and 100 points per week Note that a lot has changed since the original opening of this topic in august, with additions of many new things like challenges and so on. I'm also working to add more features all the time(all of which will be for every member to do).

http://dsweeklychic.weebly.com
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Extra Privileges? Comments

Re: Extra Privileges?
Post on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm by Chloe

I joined 10 months ago, October I believe. - The 6th member to join. xD
Post on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:15 pm by Chloe

undefined wrote:
lmho X'DDD Weeeeell, you gotta hit that number sometime in your life if you're ever gonna hit 1K XD

omg remember when you first joined and you posted/spammed on every forum for points and to get elite? I remember that, it was your "strategy" as you called it. XD
Post on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:55 pm by bellasayzhola

i think thats a great idea
Post on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:28 pm by Moon

I think it is a nice idea, but I also see what Leandra is saying. I'm glad that she is putting in more features for us all, I love what I'm doing but I do kinda feel bland if I'm not doing a contest or something and sometimes no one has a new contest up, so tasks and stuff would be amazing, it makes me have something to work toward, give me that extra drive.
Post on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm by Jazzy

Well said Moon
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:05 pm by Leandra

Update:Okay this has been reopened for discussion as requested by a member. The debate is over the perks and permissions of the teams being fair or not. Please leave your opinions here about what you think of what they should or should not be entitled to. Current permissions are to: moderate the gallery, moderate the forums, and help me with tasks as needed. Current perks include: the team office, elite content, and 100 points per week Note that a lot has changed since the original opening of this topic in august, with additions of many new things like challenges and so on. I'm also working to add more features all the time(all of which will be for every member to do).
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:09 pm by Desert

No one probably cares about my opinion but honestly everything, to me, seems perfectly fair Everyone on the team works hard to make things for the site and they get "paid" for it. Ether way 100 points a week and stuff isnt thaat big of a deal, if it was like 1000000 then i could understand it being unfair but to me everything is perfectly fine :3
Team members get a good amount of responsibilities and tasks and a fair reward, like you can't give those permissions to ordinary members or it'd be chaos.
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:34 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I'm fine with people getting paied a reasonable amount for a team task, it only the elite when they get points for doing nothing and everyone else has to work hard to earn it...therefore it seems unfair.

Plus, think of those who are not on teams even when trying. Do they feel included and part of the society>? not so much.
thus team member etc...getting higher and higher in rank and power (i.e. more authority and ablities) and the non elite and team get lower and lower down hierachy etc
I see people one day getting picked on for not being elite or on a team etc Or feeling insignificant than other members.
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:53 pm by Leandra

Excuse me but when are you seeing this where members are getting picked on about, because I'm on here almost 24/7 and don't see this going on, nor do I even see you on much. Also how exactly do members feel not part of the society because everyone is welcomed and I see all the time team members welcoming new members to the site. Everyone seems to talk just fine, no matter their rank or team, as it should be. Also if you are seeing this supposed cyber bullying going on then why aren't you doing your part to report it to me. I can't do anything about that if I'm not told about it, I can't handle it till I know about it. The elite rank aren't doing nothing anyways, those people you say that are working hard are the ones that get the elite rank. Elite rank is something that has to be earned so when they do reach it they get perks like extra points. So if you could please explain what it is that makes members feel lower than everyone else or how they don't feel like part of the society. I would love to hear your reasoning so that I could try to fix it if that's the actual case.

P.S. If anyone agrees with her that you feel left out please speak up, even if you just want to message me privately about it.

Last edited by Leandra on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:56 pm by Tammy

The team members just help out with the site . We don't get any special treatment just points and a colored name. We aren't any different from so called "normal members" because team members are normal members as well.They are not any different what so ever. Plus no-one would be picked on for not being on a team.. People are more mature than that. Plus why would you pick on someone for that?... The team members are there too help out Leandra for site things, not to make others feel insignificant or un-important . That's not what this website is about. If the team members are so-called role models (or whatever you would call it) to help out why would we pick on new members/or members for not being elite or a team member?
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 pm by Soap

If you ask me, I don't see the Elite Members being "paid" for "doing nothing". The 50 points per week is a reward so that non-Elite members have something to look forward to. The point amount isn't ridiculous enough to make it unfair, but it isn't so low that it is unnoticeable useless to a point where it's not even a reward. Without these kids of perks, members won't really see a reason to stay active.
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm by Jazzy

I agree with Soap. Elite members, like myself, worked hard to earn the rank. As it is, there aren't that many elite perks. The weekly points are a good reward. They encourage members to gain elite. Once members finally reach elite, it needs to mean something.
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 pm by angelinamc

I have to say, I'm not elite, I know that I can buy it, but I am having fun trying to earn that, but ever since I have joined I have been greatly welcomed, everyone has been so nice and helpful. I have never been treated badly I never got the feeling that because I was new that i was just a beginner or that I was a low rank, I was treated like everyone else, that's what I liked immediately about this site is how friendly everyone is and how eager they are to help. I thought that by asking so many questions that ones were going to get mad at me and believe me I asked a lot of questions lol but wow i can't believe how kind everyone is. Desert, jazzy, chloe/glam, Leandra, soap, and pink and others were always helping me and they still do. They have right from the beginning made me feel like a part of this game. To me it's a great privilege to play this game. Playing Stardoll and Roiworld now there is a cause for complaint they don't care about their members just the money and ones in there only talk to you if your a high rank, in here it's not about having a high rank it's about friendship and helping each other out and having fun it's about also learning to get along and work together as a team. well I wrote a book already sorry about that just had to express my thoughts. I am truly greatfull for this site.
Post on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:47 pm by KDesignB

I disagree with the statement that non-elite members get treated much differently. I just recently joined a team and got accepted therefore I am now elite, but before that? People were always sweet and ready to help me out as well as give me feedback. Also the people that are probably complaining about this just joined and just want to earn that money. The elite have been active for 6 whole months that should be rewarded in my opinion at least.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:12 am by Pink

I definitely agree that the elites earn their rank and don get treated much better.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 am by Chloe

rewriting eventually

Last edited by Chloe on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:48 pm by phantom

Last edited by phantom on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:09 pm by Chloe

Phantom, nobody as far as I know attacked Art. Just because someone's mentioned directly doesn't mean the poster is attacking them.

Leandra purposefully re-opened the debate, so if you don't like that - don't bother posting. Art's posts were extremely negative, and her negative posts have been laced throughout forums and honestly it's pretty frustrating for leandra when Art is complaining about every little thing, making false claims, and overall having a "feel sorry for me" attitude. Art isn't even particularly active, and would have no idea about the current situations occurring. Art, if you feel like you can do something better, send a nice message or post in a suggestions thread - don't moan on chat or comment on forums in a rude, and quite frankly, bad formatted manner.

In my opinion, Leandra’s post was justified. Leandra is a PERSON, not a site robot. She can write whatever she wants, and for you to tell her she’s not mature is ridiculous. And the fact that you’re trying to say she might feel like a “bad owner?” You don’t own the site, you’ve been on the site what? A month? You can’t really complain about her posts when she works pretty much 24/7 on the site and provides this for YOU. She doesn’t have to. But she does. For you. Like I said, want something done better? Try and make your OWN website. See how much it crashes and burns because you thought it would be easier than it was. Leandra puts her heart and soul into this website, so it'd be nice if you could stick to mostly positive comments instead of attacking her for her opinions and not being so supersugarplumniceynicey all the time. Even 11 year olds shouldn't expect a fluffy land of rainbows. We're TEENAGERS. We're hormonal, *, and pretty damn catty.

You’re complaining about Leandra being “disrespectful” towards Art, don’t you think your posts are also  extremely disrespectful to leandra?

Team members don’t have much advantage over other members in terms of design. We’re all given the same options for creating fashions. If you’re crap at designing, that isn’t affected by whether you’re on a team or not. You’re a crap designer.

To say you felt ignored on the chatbox is ridiculous. You were just known for the wrong reasons because you came across as defensive. You were NOT ignored. You posted a bunch of help questions in the main part of the chat? What did you expect? You got the help and was even told to use the help section, and you still continued to post, and team members STILL continued to help you. So that’s crap right there. Just because you agree with someone doesn’t mean you need to lie to prove your reason for doing so.

You contradicted yourself a few times here, at least try to keep your point valid and not go back over it.

Thank you, and goodnight.

*PREPARES FOR HATE QUOTING

Last edited by Chloe on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:12 pm by angelinamc

I really hope that my comment doesn't sound like im taking sides or picking on Art, I'm not the sort to start arguments or get involved in them, I just wanted to state my feelings as a non elite member, that's all. If my comment that I had made earlier sounds like i'm arguing or taking sides or picking on Art, I am truly sorry. That wasn't my intention at all.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:34 pm by phantom

Last edited by phantom on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:48 pm by Chloe

im not even going to dignify that with a legit response
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:53 pm by phantom

It's not my business, I shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm by phantom

Go ahead and try to make me look bad with screenshots. I don't care.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:15 pm by Chloe

what are you talking about omg
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm by fray

I had to rewrite this ah hahha wh y
I think that the way things are now work out pretty well.
When I first joined DS everyone was so nice to me (everyone still is super super nice), even though I was new and had no bolded or colored username. Everyone on this site, from what I've seen is very nice, to everyone, not just the elite or team members.

For the topic of whether or not elite deserve the pay, look at it this way; You just started to work as a cashier for a store. You get paid $10 hourly. The boss also gets paid $10 hourly. Would you want to get to be the boss, even if you were paid the same amount? Probably not, sure you get to be known as the boss, but is a title as important as your $10 per hour? This is the same here. If there were no perks to being elite, nobody would really want to try to get elite or get to be on a team. Sure a colored or bolded username is pretty nice but if that was the only perk it wouldnt really be worth it. Motivation is important. Sure we dont think about it a lot, but it is. Without being motivated people wouldnt be drove to be their best.

And about elite members being paid for doing nothing, earning 5000 points isnt the easiest thing in the world for some people. I know from experience that you cant just snap your fingers and *boom* 5000 points. The elite also litterally have stayed loyal to DS for 6 months. Thats a pretty long time (at least for me). Also, sure 60 points is pretty nice and its a great perk, but really its not insane.

So what I'm trying to say is that the elite and teams are doing nothing wrong. Litterally every elite/team person I've talked to has been really nice. They also deserve the points and perks, they do work for it.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion