Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Extra Privileges?

AuthorMessage
Pink

Personal Description :
Diamonds Diamonds : 115

Well I have noticed that the team members get a lot of privileges and other members aren't able to do much. So I was thinking that other members that aren't Elite or on a team should maybe be able to do more things? Like maybe have pro activities or some more activities for new members. I have just heard many other members on here say that they feel like they can't do much and would like to have more privileges on here, so I decided to make a thread for them. What do you think?

Update by Leandra: Okay this has been reopened for discussion as requested by a member. The debate is over the perks and permissions of the teams being fair or not. Please leave your opinions here about what you think of what they should or should not be entitled to. Current permissions are to: moderate the gallery, moderate the forums, and help me with tasks as needed. Current perks include: the team office, elite content, and 100 points per week Note that a lot has changed since the original opening of this topic in august, with additions of many new things like challenges and so on. I'm also working to add more features all the time(all of which will be for every member to do).

http://dsweeklychic.weebly.com
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Extra Privileges? Comments

Re: Extra Privileges?
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:41 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

@Chloe I have been a member on the site since near the start actually. Way more than a month. I remember when the chat was on the right hand side of the screen and have designs with the old model.

You were not there at the time of I raised my point of view at all, therefore, I feel you have no justification of what you said as you didn't see everything that was said at the time and how I felt attacked due to people shouting me down and not letting me voice my opinion. It like nobody cares of my train of thought. etc.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:54 pm by Jazzy

So if you've been here since nearly the start, you do have the chance to earn elite. If you were interested in leveling up, you'd look forward to the 50 point weekly bonus, just like the rest of us. If you work hard, you can earn it, especially since you already have the time part down.

Edit-I just looked at your profile. If you earn 2 more points, make 6 more posts, and buy 12 more fashions, you can be elite-its not that hard from where you're at.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:03 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

p.I have been working hard etc and still not elite so ,meh.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:06 pm by fray

@ArtisticBiscuit wrote:
p.I have been working hard etc and still not elite so ,meh.
you only need 5 more posts to get elite
you also only need to buy 11 more fashions, if you want I can make 11 'fashions' (they're gonna be really bad like literally just bows idk) and I can sell them to you for like 1 point each so you can get elite~
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:06 pm by Leandra

Artistic Biscuit: Actually Chloe aka Glam was one of our first members, before you even. She has been very active and loyal to the site since the start and I see her on often. Like I said, I'm on here 24/7 so I know who is active and I watch how members act. I know everyone active and how they act, you on the other hand have not been nearly as active, ArtisticBiscuit. This may not be about who has been more loyal, but as far as her words, she has a lot more validity than you do. You may have been a member since near the start, but you also downed it from the start, including lowering the chances of gaining more members because all the negative remarks you made. The only reason this topic was reopened was because of your trying to stir all this up, so I gave you what you wanted and opened it. Now look here who has supported you on this stance, or on any of your past remarks.

Phantom, I'd like to see what you had previously said but it must not have been good since you edited and removed it. Please people don't edit and change your posts on this since that is changing what you originally said, just leave it and if you really mean it you shouldn't need to remove it. Now in terms of the site, everything Chloe said was completely true, I have done everything I can to keep this site going for the members. I have nothing against constructive criticism that can help better the site, but cruel remarks aren't necessary and help no one. Though you may disagree, you have to realize that it is meant to be best for all the members more than just yourself. I'm happy that many of you feel satisfied with the environment here because everyone should feel welcomed and treated fairly. This site and to quote my own signature... Is about girls and women getting along together and supporting each other. If anyone ever forgets this I put it in the site footer of every page for a reason.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:18 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

How has glam got more validity than me?
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 pm by Jazzy

The answer was just explained by Leandra. Look closely. Honestly, I think this topic is just going round and round in circles and not getting anywhere-it's just causing arguments. Maybe it would be best if it were closed once again-or just locked?
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

or if everyone involved said sorry and moved on and Learned to work as a community and get along etc.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 pm by Jazzy

Um excuse me-but I can't find what we need to say sorry for. We were stating our opinions, just like you were. Also, Designers society is one big community. Even when I joined 8-9 months ago, everyone was extremely warm and welcome. As you see by newer members' comments on this forum, members are still just as welcoming. We all work together, have fun talking in chat, and get along. Look at the site background. We worked together as a big team to accomplish that. I'm sorry if you don't feel this way too.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:43 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

For the so called arguing etc
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:44 pm by Guest

First off, I think everyone is missing the point. Maybe if you were to read slowly enough instead of skimming right over and making your own jurisdiction about everything, then you would understand here.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 pm by Leandra

I read every message here and responded to the ones needed accordingly. There hasn't been any skimming over things. I asked ArtisticBiscuit earlier if she could give more backup to her reasoning on this and if she had any suggestions but didn't answer. She also continued to ask questions about stuff that I already stated very straight forward. So that should tell you who hasn't been reading or understanding what has been said over by all the members very clearly. I understand you want to defend her as a friend and I respect that. All I was asking is that she give more reasoning to herself instead of just continuing one line over and over with no suggestions for changes. As far as I know, no one is trying to gang up against anyone, they are all just stating their opinions on the topic and responding to others. If mine seem even remotely upset towards ArtisticBiscuit it is with reason from all the past experiences I have had with her. I have really become tired of the repeated flying comments that she makes to down the site with nothing to even make it seem like she has useful advice. Not to mention when I first started this site she was accusing me of trying to copy another site and then stating this very boldly on a site that I was trying to gain members from, along with everything negative she had to say. I have worked really hard to get this site where it is now and in my opinion she shouldn't be so harsh about something that took much more work than she will ever comprehend. So if I seem stand offish towards her, it is from many past times of her pushing me and this site down. I also plan to close this topic very soon so that this doesn't cause any more grief with the members. The purpose was to reconfirm what the members all really think and see if they agree with her on this. Say what you all have to say now because I plan to close it later on tonight.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm by Guest

I just think that people need to understand for once that everyone is a part of this site you made. It's not about more positions. It is about equality.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:10 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

can you simply put past predjucides to bed and look at the picture from today and how things are now? Also there are more than only Leandra adding to this that are adding to the tension.

plus I have my reasons for not being so active as once was on here and that really is not the point I raised to begin with.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:37 pm by Shelli

Based on the current debated of this post, I think the Elite Rank permissions and perks are fair. The Elites/Team members worked hard to be in their positions and Leandra rewards them for their efforts.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:07 pm by Leandra

I haven't treated you any differently or hashed up the past until you keep provoking me and continuing on about this. Remember you started this and I simply reacted to it the best that I could. You are saying about equality, but again you still won't give any supporting information. If this was a research essay you'd have failed by now for not giving enough information. All I'm asking is that if you want to continue to criticize, that you also enlighten me on what you think would make it better. I'm open to suggestions and if you can think of something better than I already created then lemme hear it.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:08 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

The real problem is how people not on team feel and how the team is picked ...I know it leandra pick but how many people didn't even get to enter the interior design team when new member are being chosen...some only come online on weekend...and it was little time to prepare designs etc so not fair for everyone on the site.

enough said
agree or disagree...I'm not saying team or elite are bad...but think of the feelings of who is not one even after hard time trying.

Peace out society.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:11 pm by Soap

@ArtisticBiscuit wrote:
The real problem is how people not on team feel and how the team is picked ...I know it leandra pick but how many people didn't even get to enter the interior design team when new member are being chosen...some only come online on weekend...and it was little time to prepare designs etc so not fair for everyone on the site.

enough said
agree or disagree...I'm not saying team or elite are bad...but think of the feelings of who is not one even after hard time trying.

Peace out society.
I don't understand what you mean - anyone can apply to be on the Interior Design Team. New member or old member. Anyone. That includes you. 

And you still have time to make a design to apply for the team position since there's no set-in-stone deadline.

I feel like I read this wrong so I don't know if my reply is accurate or not
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:17 pm by Leandra

How is it little time, the interior design post is open right now and I didn't set a specific date on when it will close. It is open to everyone on the site that wants to enter they can just comment with a design, no exclusions there. You aren't even making complete sense if you are going to try to say about that one thing. You go from one thing to the next making random comments about the elite and then the team and then about the site background and on every comment you make we have justified all of it and showed there are no exclusions. So why are you still saying how things aren't equal when anyone can earn anything they want, there is no bias going into this, I choose everyone based off of how they will fit that specific job, no matter how long they have been on the site.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:20 pm by Leandra

Also to add onto this, I think you are just thinking about yourself right now and being upset because you joined the site when it first started and still aren't on a team. Well that has to be earned, it doesn't matter if you've been a member for a year if you aren't very active or don't apply for things. If you haven't been chosen after applying well then that is purely because others may have been more suited for the job. I can't pick everyone for the job so don't complain about it if you aren't the one chosen, you should just practicing and try to improve yourself. You can earn everything just the same as everyone else, you are just choosing not to do what everyone else is working hard to and then complaining about it. Notice how everyone else is fine with the current setup and no one else has complained.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Prada complained or more like agreed with my point of view and Phantom didn't confirm it but saw it is not only me I'm refering to.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:28 pm by Soap

Neither Phantom nor Prada said fully that they find the current Team application process unfair.. 
They've mostly just said things to keep the discussion balanced.

Last edited by Soap on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting issue)
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm by Leandra

Why aren't you reading and responding to my comments, you seem to almost dodge them. Purple Prada didn't say anything about the statements you made to agree with you, she simply said to look at your perspective. Phantom removed what ever she had so it is hard to know if she is retracting it now or not, I also have a feeling it wasn't all about the statement you made but more about not picking at you(as hinted in chloe's response to her)
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:29 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Ok prada went on about how she feels the site should be more equal to every membser.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:32 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

I was refering to what phantom put in the chat box the other day. And it is not me being selfish or upset here.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion