Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Extra Privileges?

AuthorMessage
Pink

Personal Description :
Diamonds Diamonds : 115

Well I have noticed that the team members get a lot of privileges and other members aren't able to do much. So I was thinking that other members that aren't Elite or on a team should maybe be able to do more things? Like maybe have pro activities or some more activities for new members. I have just heard many other members on here say that they feel like they can't do much and would like to have more privileges on here, so I decided to make a thread for them. What do you think?

Update by Leandra: Okay this has been reopened for discussion as requested by a member. The debate is over the perks and permissions of the teams being fair or not. Please leave your opinions here about what you think of what they should or should not be entitled to. Current permissions are to: moderate the gallery, moderate the forums, and help me with tasks as needed. Current perks include: the team office, elite content, and 100 points per week Note that a lot has changed since the original opening of this topic in august, with additions of many new things like challenges and so on. I'm also working to add more features all the time(all of which will be for every member to do).

http://dsweeklychic.weebly.com
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Extra Privileges? Comments

Re: Extra Privileges?
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 pm by Soap

PurplePrada wrote:
I just think that people need to understand for once that everyone is a part of this site you made. It's not about more positions. It is about equality.
All she did was redirect your perspective. She never gave a specific opinion or anything.

Anyway, even if it is just 2 members, it doesn't make sense to change the entire aspect of the Team process for 2 members out of over 3500.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

oh and if you still don't get it...then re-read what I have stated before in this forum. I'm done...enough
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm by Soap

@ArtisticBiscuit wrote:
I was refering to what phantom put in the chat box the other day. And it is not me being selfish or upset here. 
She was actually neutral on the decision. As far as my memory goes, Phantom was saying that she wasn't part of either "side", she was on the fence about it mostly.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:17 pm by Desert

it took me like 50432 minutes to read this wow

But i'd just like to say something about the whole elite perks thing
I'll just refer to Girlsense for this.
Remember when you first started Girlsense and the PRO rank was the coolest thing ever. I remember I worked so hard to get it and when I finally worked my little 12yr old butt off and reached PRO I was so happy cause I got the pink little sticker but that was it. And I was SO disappointed! I thought that once you reached pro you'd get all these privileges and extra materials, but nope! And if I had known at the time that the only thing you get when you earn PRO is a little pink sticker i would NOT have been so eager and excited about the rank. Its the same on DS, when I first started I was super excited to earn the highest rank, and of course when I joined there really weren't that many elite perks! So naturally i was kindof like "oh well okay then" But now you work your butt off designing and participating on the site and it's actually worth it! If elites had no perks then it'd be pretty lame. Like in most cases you wait 6 months to get this rank and if you didnt get a little extra privileges/rewards for that i can image someone feeling a but disappointed, like it wasn't worth all the effort.

Also Art, you've got to look at all the new members commenting on this forum they've all said that they've had a good experience on the site and that everyones been friendly to them.  From my (almost) 11 months here i've learned that other members are nice to you when you're nice to them. If you just dont get along with someone don't make a huge deal about it.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm by Pink

@Desert wrote:
it took me like 50432 minutes to read this wow

But i'd just like to say something about the whole elite perks thing
I'll just refer to Girlsense for this.
Remember when you first started Girlsense and the PRO rank was the coolest thing ever. I remember I worked so hard to get it and when I finally worked my little 12yr old butt off and reached PRO I was so happy cause I got the pink little sticker but that was it. And I was SO disappointed! I thought that once you reached pro you'd get all these privileges and extra materials, but nope! And if I had known at the time that the only thing you get when you earn PRO is a little pink sticker i would NOT have been so eager and excited about the rank. Its the same on DS, when I first started I was super excited to earn the highest rank, and of course when I joined there really weren't that many elite perks! So naturally i was kindof like "oh well okay then" But now you work your butt off designing and participating on the site and it's actually worth it! If elites had no perks then it'd be pretty lame. Like in most cases you wait 6 months to get this rank and if you didnt get a little extra privileges/rewards for that i can image someone feeling a but disappointed, like it wasn't worth all the effort.

Also Art, you've got to look at all the new members commenting on this forum they've all said that they've had a good experience on the site and that everyones been friendly to them.  From my (almost) 11 months here i've learned that other members are nice to you when you're nice to them. If you just dont get along with someone don't make a huge deal about it.
Omg I completely agree. When I earned pro on gs I was also disappointed. So it would only make sense to motivate others to become more active by adding elite perks. And lol yeah it took me like an hour to read this whole thing and respond with this. Just stating my opinion here hope I don't strike controversy.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 pm by Tammy

PurplePrada wrote:
I just think that people need to understand for once that everyone is a part of this site you made. It's not about more positions. It is about equality.
This site makes people feel equal if you would just look at some of the members comment feeling like they are actually part of something. The positions are there just to help Leandra out, not to exclude people or make fun of them or whatever. The team members are usually picked from skill and attitude. If the team members attitudes were angry 98% of the time that wouldn't work out would that? THE TEAM MEMBERS ARE LITTERALY JUST THERE TO HELP. And we try to help people out not exclude anyone or make them feel unwanted . Clearly its working out because people seem wanted as you can read in the past comments.

The elite are there because they worked to be there. If they got elite and didn't get anything (such as a pink sticker by their name or something as desert said) no one would work to get it at all. Personally I got elite a while back and I wanted it because you got to get some extra things like a few more points and fabrics. If there wasn't anything in for me just a bold black name I wouldn't have tried so hard to get it. Elite is something too look forward to not to ,as I said before, not to make anyone feel excluded or unwanted.

This site is growing and fairly new not everything is going to fit every ones standards or expectations and happiness. I get that you are trying to defend your friend and I highly praise you for that but your reasons are just not valid enough and or back up by any facts what so ever.

Boom.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:24 pm by Jazzy

I honestly don't think there is anything else left to be said.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm by Soap

I think it might be best if this is locked back up again.
It doesn't seem like opening it solved anyone's problems.. 
actually, it seems like we just created more.
Post on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 pm by Leandra

On that note I'm closing it because the point was to reconfirm that the members felt happy with the site features. Now that we have come to that conclusion like I thought, I'll close it right now. If anyone has something else to add on then just send it privately to me. I hope that all the members continue to be happy and welcomed here!
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion