Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Updates, Plans, and Upcoming Events

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 197

I'm working on making a few changes and additions this week. Right now I'm busy with just keeping up to date on transactions and messages. I am trying to start work on the Materials "Catalogue" which should be done in a few weeks. Now I also want to create a new site event since we haven't had one in months. I'm going to let you vote on this using the poll. I just wanted to post this so you all know some of the plans for the near future. As well Ill be working on: The Team Exam, How To Videos, and Rank Content

http://www.designerssociety.net

What should be our next Site Event?
Points Day
33%
 33% [ 8 ]
Advertising Day
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Chat Day
13%
 13% [ 3 ]
Video Day
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Selling Day
38%
 38% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Updates, Plans, and Upcoming Events Comments

Re: Updates, Plans, and Upcoming Events
Post on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:11 pm by Shelli

May I ask, what is The Team Exam for?
Post on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:12 pm by Chloe

To keep up to date with the team and to know if they deserve to be on the team, I think.
Post on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:38 pm by Leandra

It will be an evaluation just to make sure everyone is keeping up with what they need to. Just a way for me to keep everything in check.
Post on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:41 pm by Shelli

That seems logical. Thanks for the replies.
Post on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:06 pm by Crestyl

can't wait to see the new updates :) I was trying to choose between point day and selling day, I chose selling day :)
Post on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:44 pm by Renko

Man you got me all curious about what these days would be like XD Point, Selling and Chat Day all sound very interesting.

Also I think it's smart of you to do an evaluation :3 Wonder how that would work. x3
Post on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:16 pm by Leandra

Im working on the exam right now to send out in a few days. Itll be a form that they will fill out with short answers. Points day would be like a day of giveaways, selling would be like trying to sell as much as we can, and chat well obviously a day we all chat.
Post on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:33 pm by Chloe

I think selling would be the best. If I was selfish I'd say Point Day, but for the actual site selling day seems like the best option.
Post on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 pm by Renko

Ahh~ interesting idea you got there for the exam :3

Hm, I don't get that many buys, but I guess Selling Day would be good.
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:44 am by Leandra

Try to leave your own persuasion of why to choose your fave event, make it fun!
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:13 pm by Tammy

I mean selling day would also get you points and your sold would increase as for the buyer your bought will increase.
You get like 3 things instead of just points (per say)
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 pm by Chloe

I think selling day because all of the other options suck*

* they dont really but this is my way of persuading you so accept it
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:52 pm by Soap

Selling Day because personally, I don't think there is a lot of buying and selling going on lately. I mean, it used to be so easy to find buyers for things. I remember the old auctions - before we got the Auction House - and how just some pink hair would go for HUNDREDS of points. But now, even the best designs only go for about 35 points.

I think what Designer Society's "Economy" needs is a little motivation before people begin to buy and sell things again, and a Selling Day is that motivation.
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:31 pm by Chloe

This is OT but omg custom central just makes life worse
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:34 pm by Soap

Glam wrote:
This is OT but omg custom central just makes life worse
Maybe it would be better if we made Custom Central a forum, not a separate page? That way the newer members who don't know their way around yet will have easier access to it. It's also nice to see everyone else's requests and orders in forum-style so potential customers can see how popular a designer is and what type of quality their designs are.
Post on Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:50 pm by gohstgirls

that's great Leandra! you work too hard.
Post on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:14 pm by Leandra

I could work on a specific area forum for customs but Id have to choose certain members who could create topics, otherwise it would get over filled. Ill think about what I can do with that but what do you think would make the current custom central better or easier?
Post on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:55 pm by Soap

@Leandra wrote:
I could work on a specific area forum for customs but Id have to choose certain members who could create topics, otherwise it would get over filled. Ill think about what I can do with that but what do you think would make the current custom central better or easier?
Well, if we were to make Custom Central a forum, you could approve each thread before it was open to the public..

But if we are keeping the Custom Central on it's own page, it would be nice to see each custom as it's ordered, if that makes sense. That way we could see more examples of the designer's fashions, and see what quality their fashions as the designer improves. At the moment, we can only see 3 examples of their designs, and those 3 fashions might not represent the designer in the best way. The designs could be worse than their usual, or just a few lucky tries.

i hope that made sense
Post on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:50 am by Leandra

Yes it does and right now the designer chooses the three they want to pick. They can change them at any time if they want, but showing more would be ideal. If I were to try to add those myself it'd take a lot of time and energy that I really have taken with other projects. I'll try to figure something out though and maybe I can place a forum there somehow(not sure if its possible)

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion