Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Auction House Ideas

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

Here is your chance to help decide on ways to run the auction house. I need your votes on the poll for how they should setup. The choices are 1 hour live auctions which would be most likely on friday and would auction all the items at once, an auction that lasts all week long with each combined into one area, or separate auctions for each fashion like we have had now. If you have other ideas on how it should be setup please leave a comment!!

Update 09.06.2013
Hey everyone the first live auction starts in just a few hours so be there at 6pm ext!

Last edited by Leandra on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

How should the auction house work?
Live auction 1 hour per week
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
Auction all week one area
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
Auction all week separate slots
50%
 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Auction House Ideas Comments

Re: Auction House Ideas
Post on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:26 pm by Leandra

Right now if you look on the auction house I have a live conference setup which goes on all the time and Ill broadcast on it on fridays. It will be a live auction lasting 1 hour(or less depending how fast they auction) This is a test to see how everyone likes the new setup with live auctions, it may not be permanent.
What this feature offers:
-A place to chat and bid
-Interactive slides will be updated as items are sold
-Previews of future items that will be auctioning

Previews for the first auction will be posted within this next week.
So the first test auction will be Friday, September 6th at 6pm est. so don't be late!
Post on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:35 pm by Chloe

For an hour? People live in different timezones. Not everyone lives in America.
Post on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 pm by Leandra

Yes, it is just a trial and there may be other times that they are up as well. Depending on how it goes I'm going to decide whether it works or not and then make changes as needed. It is just something different to try since there were complaints about it being drug out for too long otherwise.
Post on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:23 pm by Chloe

But "Auction all week in separate slots" got the most votes.

Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:39 am by Leandra

That's what we have had before and trying different ways will be a better way to decide which the members prefer.
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 pm by Crestyl

what time on Friday? Btw it looks awesome :3
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:17 pm by Leandra

6-7pm est.
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:20 pm by Crestyl

okay, EST is only an hour ahead of my time so I'll be able to make it ^^
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 pm by Chloe

-_-
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:10 pm by Shelli

Will I be able to view it on Friday? Because It says webpage not found.
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:15 pm by Desert

I have to agree with Glam on this one. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people who'll be able to attend will be people living in central/eastern America. Even here on the West coast 6pm est is 3pm here, which is literally right after school so I doubt I'd even be able to make it.
Boop just my opinion, i'd think it'd be better just to shorten the time the auctions are up from 1 week to like 3ish days. Idk, that'd probably require more work tho
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:16 pm by Crestyl

I think this idea is good, just maybe have it running all day on friday that way more people can get their bids in.
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:21 pm by Tammy

But 6 pm over in America could be Midnight or School time in other countries it would be a bit hard for everyone to get their bids in.
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:37 pm by Leandra

Yes, it is just a test and i may have it at different times if the live option does well. For example there may be some at like 10am, 6pm, and 11pm or something. It is still being decided here and we need to try it first and see how it works out. I'm trying to find a way to make it not so much work such as changing stuff every few days, but then also giving members a chance to bid(without making it too long).
Post on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:20 pm by Chloe

The fact that its being tested doesn't make it fair...

I mean it'll be like midnight for me.
Post on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 am by Leandra

Some members are still on late at night and this is up to the members to decide how it works. We are trying it and like I said it could be at different times if it works out okay. You don't have to keep stating your point against it, I already know you don't like it. This is just something we are trying and ALL the members will help decide on. You won't know if you like it till you try it anyways so just wait and we will be trying to find the different ways that work best.
Post on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:34 pm by Chloe

Last post: But the members didn't decide, the poll proves that. It's not that I "don't like" the idea, I'm just pointing out what is potentially wrong with it.

Sorry if this is coming across as harsh, I'm just saying. ._.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion