Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

New Gallery Rule: Reselling

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

I've created an important new rule for the gallery. This is to ensure that no one's designs get spread around. A fashion is only allowed to be resold once. This means that if you bought it as a resale, you can not resell it. I hope this cuts down on the number of specific fashions going around. If you currently have something up that breaks this rule, please try to remove it. Thanks everyone!

Update: The original designer you have the right to sell 2 copies of your design. This means that if these designs get resold, there will be only 4 copies of each design.

Update: Since many members just create different colors i think these should follow the rule of counting as one. Since all they do is change the hue it isnt really a different design. This means if you make other colors just only sell two total of the design. You could always sell the other colors in an auction. Now if it is a custom color for a user then that is allowed with the same fashion.

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

New Gallery Rule: Reselling Comments

Re: New Gallery Rule: Reselling
Post on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:27 pm by Crestyl

I have some things that have been sold before, but they're reserved for pink, should I still take them down?
Post on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:52 pm by Desert

Wooo this is great, seriously.
Post on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 pm by Soap

Leandra, thank you so freaking much.
You don't even understand how offended you can feel until you see a fashion you spent 4 hours on get sold for 7 points just because it's been sold so many times .. ;___;
Post on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 pm by Leandra

Yes, I started to notice that with some designs so I wanna put a stop to that. This way it brings back rarity and price to having a certain fashion. This way when everyone sees it but can't get it, it makes them more willing to pay what it deserves to get it! Also yes Ill allow that Crestyl.
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:42 am by Crestyl

Thank you, Leandra ^^
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 am by Chloe

I hate that. Especially when *someone* keeps emptying out their folder into the resale and proceeding to auction them, give them as gifts, and keep them.
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:53 am by angelinamc

cool:)
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 pm by Sonjas

This is a great idea and thanks. :)
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:57 pm by Pink

Can we re-sell our own designs more than once?
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:05 pm by Shelli

Thanks leandra. This is great.

Pink...I would like to know that too. What is the maximum amount if copies we can sell of our own design?
Post on Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 pm by Leandra

The original designer you have the right to sell 2 copies of your design. This means that if these designs get resold, there will be only 4 copies of each design.
Post on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:48 am by angelinamc

ok I know this may sound like a silly question, but I just want to know for sure, I understand that we are allowed to sell our own designs 2 copies of each designs we make, but I've noticed that there are ones who use the same design and change it to other colors and sell them, I know I'm one of them who did that? but that was before this rule. So does that mean that we can't change the colors or make modifications on our own designs and then sell them? hope this makes any sense. Like say I make a sleeveless dress I sell two of them, but then I put sleeves on it, change it's color would i be allowed to sell it again?
Post on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:43 am by Leandra

Since many members just create different colors i think these should follow the rule of counting as one. Since all they do is change the hue it isnt really a different design. This means if you make other colors just only sell two total of the design. You could always sell the other colors in an auction. Now if it is a custom color for a user then that is allowed with the same fashion.
Post on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:25 pm by angelinamc

@Leandra wrote:
Since many members just create different colors i think these should follow the rule of counting as one. Since all they do is change the hue it isnt really a different design. This means if you make other colors just only sell two total of the design. You could always sell the other colors in an auction. Now if it is a custom color for a user then that is allowed with the same fashion.
ok thank u:)
Post on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:30 am by 誰gymo

Yikes!--- I've never noticed this post before x__x! Glad I found it (even though it's old). It would make sense to post just one or two of your designs. It makes it feel so couture then because it's one of a kind <3
Post on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 am by intoxicated

Are we allowed to feature and item from another member (that we have bought from them) in our boutique?
Post on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 am by Soap

@intoxicated wrote:
Are we allowed to feature and item from another member (that we have bought from them) in our boutique?

Yes(:
It's not required, but credit is always appreciated. ;D
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion