Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Points Changes and Additions

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

Okay everyone so most of our team has noticed and have discussed the abundance of points lately. We have decided that I should make a few changes to help balance the points system. Since the goal is to work for your points, we want to encourage your designing for points. Here are the changes that have been made:
-The maximum selling price for fashions has been increased to 1,000 points
-Rewards system has been lowered from 15 points per post to 5
-The post points has been decreased from 5 to 1 & 2
Post Info:
1 Point: Designs & Society Categories
2 Points: Blogs & Getting Started Categories
5 Points: Rewards
50 Points: Member Introduction

The reward system rules are still the same with a maximum of 5 posts per day. This now makes it 25 points maximum you can earn per day from the Rewards section.
Don't get upset about the decrease in earned points, there are many other fun ways to earn points. To see a full list see the Earn page here: http://www.designerssociety.net/h1-rank

Remember that there will also be new opportunities to earn more points soon, especially the new Challenges page which will be revealed this week!

Last edited by Leandra on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.designerssociety.net

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Points Changes and Additions Comments

Re: Points Changes and Additions
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:20 pm by Chloe

No offense but 1 or 2 points for each post is a little to far. Just my opinion i know nobody cares because im me but weh
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:29 pm by Leandra

It may seem like it, but members can still earn points very fast and when it was set to 5 then the forums were getting spammed a bit. Also it adds up when many of the members make hundreds of posts that equals hundreds of points. Plus there is the reward which is set to 5 points each post which is more moderate to earn 25 per day considering our staff only make 100 per week.
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 pm by angelinamc (Online)

Ok i'm a little dense well one reason i have a terrible head cold, But are you saying that we can sell our items for 1,000 or we get a 1.000 for selling I'm sorry i'm confused, I can't even sell my items for 4 or 5 pts always lowering my items down to 1 or 0 there is no way I can ever get that much pts lol that would be great if i could. but I would feel bad selling that high, since my things aren't worth that much.
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm by Renko

@angelinamc wrote:
Ok i'm a little dense well one reason i have a terrible head cold, But are you saying that we can sell our items for 1,000 or we get a 1.000 for selling I'm sorry i'm confused, I can't even sell my items for 4 or 5 pts always lowering my items down to 1 or 0 there is no way I can ever get that much pts lol that would be great if i could. but I would feel bad selling that high, since my things aren't worth that much.
Pretty much 1,000 is the max price you can sell something for. Like, let's say I made this incredibly pretty bow. *ahahaha xD* I put it in the Gallery for 1,000 for someone to buy it. Someone buys it *LOL idk* and they lose 1,000 and I gain 1,000. Get it?
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:09 pm by angelinamc (Online)

Shio wrote:
@angelinamc wrote:
Pretty much 1,000 is the max price you can sell something for. Like, let's say I made this incredibly pretty bow. *ahahaha xD* I put it in the Gallery for 1,000 for someone to buy it. Someone buys it *LOL idk* and they lose 1,000 and I gain 1,000. Get it?

lol I get it, sorry i'm so sick right now, that my brain hurts to think. lol thank you.
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:10 pm by Renko

@angelinamc wrote:
lol I get it, sorry i'm so sick right now, that my brain hurts to think. lol thank you.
It's totally alright :3 Awwwh I hope you get better soon! ;_;
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:05 pm by Pink

Love the changes! Thanks for looking into this. :3
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 pm by Soap

yayy~
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:05 pm by Tammy

yayy it makes points more valuable..
and guys please make things more expensive rather than like 20 points each seriously, I have too many points and don't use themmm
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm by Pink

SO TRUE

Yes. Please, do this.

Last edited by pinksparkles10 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm by Soap

Pandapoodlepoop wrote:
yayy it makes points more valuable..
and guys please make things more expensive rather than like 20 points each seriously, I have too many points and don't use themmm
OMG YES

i'm putting my fashions now for ATLEAST 50 points until the "economy" is brought back to normal..
just sayin'.
Post on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:22 am by Chloe

Why don't you keep the posts like they are but make it so  posting in games doesn't earn you any.
Post on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:41 am by angelinamc (Online)

If I need points I'll just buy some I will, i rather support this site that stardoll which I feel I wasted a lot of money on as well as my time.
Post on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:51 pm by Leandra

Id say they should still earn a little for every post that they make. It is just more balanced so that you don't rely on the posting to earn your points. Instead try to earn them other ways like getting awards, selling designs, and other things. Also like Angelinamc mentioned you could buy points if you want and that supports the site.
Post on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 pm by Chloe

But the site is free to run, isn't it? And not everyone can donate money towards it. Once you have all the awards, the ways you can earn points are pretty limited. (Other than designing, obviously.)
Post on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:43 pm by Leandra

Like I said, the Challenges will be out this week(hopefully done tonight if I can get the time). The challenges will offer more ways to earn a larger number of points. As well, there will be new Challenges that are added frequently so you all have more of them to do. You don't have to buy the points no, but it is an option if you want lots of points quickly. Otherwise you have to find the ways to earn the points. While the site may be free to run, the domain name and removal of ads does cost, I also put a lot of time into the site and I don't get that back. Any money that comes from the site is being saved by myself for future things we can buy to work on the sites features, so it will benefit you all.
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion