Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

20131202

New Awards and Rank Changes!

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
avatar
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 199

       

I've been working for the past day or so to create new awards, as well as a new setup for them. Now you can see all the awards that you earn when viewing your profile there are new badges that appear right below your boutique! There are now 13 different awards that can be earned and so the requirements to earn ranks has changed too. Ranks will now be based off the number of awards you have instead of points that you earn. This will also make it easier to remember how much is needed to get to each rank including Elite.
Requirements to earn a new rank:
Junior: 2 Awards
Novice: 4 Awards
Pro: 6 Awards
Elite: 8 Awards

As I mentioned there are 13 awards total instead of the previous 6. With more than double the new awards I will present each of them to you all as well as changes made to a few of them.
-Make 50 posts
-Share 5 boutiques(upload for boutique of the month)
-Buy 25 Fashions (Changed from the previous 10)
-Win a Contest
-Donate 10 Presents
-Become a Custom Designer
-Earn Elite Rank
-Become a Society Hero
-Purchase Points
-Sell 25 Fashions (Changed from the previous 10)
-Earn 5,000 Points
-DSU Student
-DSU Graduate

Note: I am working on updating the profiles of many of the active members. Those of you who see this post and don't see yours updated yet please comment and I'll make sure that it gets updated. Those of you who have already earned a rank will keep that same rank even if you don't have the qualifying amount of awards. See my profile as an example for all the available awards. Hope you all like these changes!




http://www.designerssociety.net
       
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

New Awards and Rank Changes! Comments

avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:15 pm by Tammy
       
oooo more awards
I still kinda liked how elite was hard to get. And most of these things are actually pretty easy to get...idk
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:19 pm by fray
       
i guess its time for me to sell sell sell
5000 points sounds hard, now i have a challenge lol
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm by Soap
       
YAY! New awards~
@Tammy wrote:
oooo more awards
I still kinda liked how elite was hard to get. And most of these things are actually pretty easy to get...idk
Most of them are kind of easy, but some can be reallllly challenging to achieve - but in a good way.
Winning a contest is something that can only be obtained seasonally, and Society Hero is monthly.
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Tammy
       
@Soap wrote:
YAY! New awards~
@Tammy wrote:
oooo more awards
I still kinda liked how elite was hard to get. And most of these things are actually pretty easy to get...idk
Most of them are kind of easy, but some can be reallllly challenging to achieve - but in a good way.
Winning a contest is something that can only be obtained seasonally, and Society Hero is monthly.
I just thought that earning 5,000 in total was VERY difficult and staying for 6 months takes shows dedication.
Maybe a mix of both, like earn a certain amount of awards and a couple of old requirements?....
I'm confusing and complicated soz
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm by Leandra
       
Well remember they need 8 in total and since the DSU is also seasonal that can be taken out of the equation for members who don't enter in january. That takes it down to 8 or the 11 that you need. Buying & Selling may not bee too hard(although selling requires selling 25 fashions to other users so you can't control that. Making 50 posts, uploading 5 boutiques, and donating 10 presents may also be considered easier awards. This is still only 5 awards which still isn't even pro yet. To reach the elite they would need to either: become a custom designer, society hero, win a contest, and/or purchase points. All of these aren't that easy since 2 of them require my decision. So really there are about 6 different options at that point to get the other 3 awards. This is just from my eyes even because some members may even consider other parts easier/harder than others.
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:58 pm by Soap
       
@Leandra wrote:
Well remember they need 8 in total and since the DSU is also seasonal that can be taken out of the equation for members who don't enter in january. That takes it down to 8 or the 11 that you need. Buying & Selling may not bee too hard(although selling requires selling 25 fashions to other users so you can't control that. Making 50 posts, uploading 5 boutiques, and donating 10 presents may also be considered easier awards. This is still only 5 awards which still isn't even pro yet. To reach the elite they would need to either: become a custom designer, society hero, win a contest, and/or purchase points. All of these aren't that easy since 2 of them require my decision. So really there are about 6 different options at that point to get the other 3 awards. This is just from my eyes even because some members may even consider other parts easier/harder than others.
Okay, that makes a lot more sense c:
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:31 pm by Soap
       
Also, if you need any help with adding awards and ranks to member profiles,
I'd be happy to help!
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:40 pm by Pink
       
Ooo I love this! As Soap also said, I'd be more than happy to help with editing other members' profiles, as well as anything else you may need help with with the news changes and what-not. :)
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:43 pm by Leandra
       
Team members that read this so I dont have to send out a whole pm: Ill basically just need you to check recently active members like you always do but instead of editing anything you would just need to PM me that the member earned a new award. Because of the new setup I have to add them myself so itd really help for the team and members to help let me know when some new ones are earned :)
Also those of you who purchased points Ill be updating that later on tonight as well as any other awards you may have earned so look for it soon :)
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:44 pm by Soap
       
@Leandra wrote:
Team members that read this so I dont have to send out a whole pm: Ill basically just need you to check recently active members like you always do but instead of editing anything you would just need to PM me that the member earned a new award. Because of the new setup I have to add them myself so itd really help for the team and members to help let me know when some new ones are earned :)
Also those of you who purchased points Ill be updating that later on tonight as well as any other awards you may have earned so look for it soon :)
Okay!
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:56 pm by Jazzy
       
I love the new awards! btw don't forget to update the Get Points page!
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:59 pm by angelinamc
       
lol i'm gonna have to read this again about 5 more times to get it i'm a little slow:)
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:09 pm by Soap
       
I sent in a few Awards updated profiles(:
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:17 pm by Tammy
       
Oh ok I understand a bit more
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:21 pm by Leandra
       
I've tried to get everyone so anyone else who I have missed please comment here.
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:53 pm by angelinamc
       
Well I noticed that some do have their awards but you can only see them when they make a post but you don't see them on their profile like for example Jumjum in the post that she makes, it shows that she has four awards but you don't see them on her profile page.
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:01 pm by Leandra
       
Update: On the profiles I removed the number part of fashions bought and sold. We now only have the progress bars that go up to 25. That way when you reach it you get the award and then less work for our fashion transaction helpers who have 2 less things to update.
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:05 pm by Shelli
       
Cool. I believe it was a wise decision to remove those two fields.
avatar
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:50 pm by angelinamc
       
That's great. :)
Re: New Awards and Rank Changes!
Post  by Sponsored content
       

Page 1 of 1

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion