Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Logo Ideas

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 199

I'm looking to create a new logo for Designers Society that will replace the hummingbird/peacock originally created. We need a little change so Im looking for something fashion related. So you can all share your ideas here of different items we could use or even try to make one yourself. This may be a little while before it is done so take your time Ill allow a few weeks for ideas on this :)

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Logo Ideas Comments

Re: Logo Ideas
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:35 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Exciting.
Best get my thinking cap on.

Do you have any colour scheme in mind?
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:56 pm by Soap

And do you have any preferences? 
Like "I want it to be a certain animal" or "Make it as basic as possible" or whatever.
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:50 pm by Tammy

maybe a diagonal hanger and the flower in the original birds beak logo kinda crossed with each other?
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:12 pm by Pink

Tammy, I like your idea. ;o

My idea was to have maybe like a mannequin thing. Not a model but one like this: with maybe   something on it? Idk, just an idea I thought of.
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:15 pm by Soap

Maybe we could do a horizontal sewing needle/thread with the first DS mascot-bird perched on the needle like a tree branch?
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:03 pm by Jazzy

Ooooh Soap I really like that

Maybe a notebook with colored in fashion sketches and a pencil laying on top? wow that really sucks

Last edited by Jazzy on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 pm by phantom

I've got some ideas.
- A sewing machine (My favorite since it represents both the fashion and the designing sides of the site.)
- A pin cushion with little pins sticking out, kind of like the one you have on the banner up top
- A high heel (I like this one, but I feel it's leans a little more to the fashion side, which isn't a bad 
thing, just depends on what you're looking for.)
- The letters "DS" in a fancy font (In case you want something simple, it's not really related to fashion but I'm just throwing it out there.)
- Make-up and two criss-cross sewing needles, like the fashion version of skull and cross bones (Okay this one is more of a joke than a serious suggestion...)
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:15 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

How about planet Earth with a tape measure wrapped round it...or a feather bower...well something fashion/design related?

(earth for the community/society bit).
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:19 pm by fray

Maybe, The letters DS in a bold font, I personally like 'Intro' or 'Couture'
Then one the border part, about 10 to 15 pixels in side the letters, a dashed line, which is supposed to look like tread ( https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL-16h1QRkBO8-C5_zb2FD9sdOPGvREzRmkds_CHx6YsMaegVf ) <-- but a *lot* neater. The tread will come out the end of the 'S' and lead to a needle. The letters could maybe be in a fabric type texture, denim might look nice ?
but thats just an idea ~
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 pm by phantom

@fray wrote:
Then one the border part, about 10 to 15 pixels in side the letters, a dashed line, which is supposed to look like tread ( https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL-16h1QRkBO8-C5_zb2FD9sdOPGvREzRmkds_CHx6YsMaegVf ) <-- but a *lot* neater. The tread will come out the end of the 'S' and lead to a needle. The letters could maybe be in a fabric type texture, denim might look nice ?
but thats  just an idea ~
I like it!
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:22 pm by Soap

@fray wrote:
but thats  just an idea ~
i love this ~
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 pm by fray

^^ thank you~
soap your idea is so nice :o itll look really pretty
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 pm by Soap

@fray wrote:
^^ thank you~
soap your idea is so nice :o itll look really pretty
oh thank you darlin'.
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 pm by Jazzy

What about a t-shirt with the bird or "DS" on it? Or a mood board that's all pink and green?
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:18 pm by angelinamc

love every ones ideas i kind of got inspired by soap's idea and did this it's arough draft not so good but still working on it.

thank you Phantom:)

Last edited by angelinamc on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the design)
Post on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:24 pm by phantom

@angelinamc wrote:
love every ones ideas i kind of got inspired by soap's idea and did this it's a rough draft not so good but still working on it.
What do you mean "not so good"? It's fantastic!
Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:46 am by thegrayarea

You could try a dress made out of a bunch of different fabric swatches.
Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:10 am by Leandra

I love all of these and amazing job on that angelinamc I may want to use that for something else. I'm looking for something relatively simple and recognizable that I can use everywhere. I don't think animals unless really catchy because they don't have much to do with fashion. I was thinking something like a spool with needle or something with DS. Just stuff that is only a few to one item not a bunch of stuff. If you want you can all make some lil quick samples of your different ideas too?
Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:11 am by ArtisticBiscuit

How about something like this maybe with DS added to it or more fashion bits like sewing needle or buttons.
IDK what do you think? Or even have the mannequin without the stand either side of the purple bit on floor. In the green of the site. Could have another fashion design item draped on.

Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:28 am by mykelbe

@angelinamc wrote:
love every ones ideas i kind of got inspired by soap's idea and did this it's arough draft not so good but still working on it.

thank you Phantom:)
This is awesome! I love it!
Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:09 am by angelinamc

Oh okay well heres another idea's it's very simple it needs work as well.

Last edited by angelinamc on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another one)
Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:50 pm by ribs

Maybe like a crest with one of those scroll things hanging over it saying DS and on the crest there's four sections and each has a prospect of Designers Society:
Fashion
Design
Friendship
Socializing (a chat bubble)
Because Designers Society isn't just about fashion or designing it's also about chatting and making friends. ^^ (sounds super cheesy)
By the way this is super terrible but it's the idea I'm trying to get across and hopefully someone else can do it better than I did.. ;)

Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:52 pm by angelinamc

That's a cool idea Ribs:)
Post on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:53 pm by ribs

Thanks LMAO I feel like my idea is a child's drawing compared to yours.. >< maybe you or Leandra could do it, definitely not me though!
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion