Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Flash: January

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 201

Happy New Year to Everyone! We will be starting off the new year and new month with one of our biggest new features. The DS University will be unveiled this month, with enrollment starting in just a few days. We will also be bringing an updated version of the model template out so that you all can have an even better overall look. The new Society Reader has also been released with many up coming features being announced in short detail. Hope to see you all often and that you start the new year here at Designers Society!

Update: Looking for a site writer so if you want to apply simply comment here with an article. You can write an article on a site feature or a how to. I will need to hire this new writer by mid January so that they can help with the next Society Reader as well!

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which feature are you looking forward to most?
Model Update
20%
 20% [ 9 ]
HD Models
22%
 22% [ 10 ]
New Society Stores
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
DS University
28%
 28% [ 13 ]
New Design Packs
28%
 28% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 46

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Flash: January Comments

Re: Flash: January
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:36 am by Soap

so excited for everything~
the model updates/hd models seem really interesting ;o

*question will the models' physical form be changed? like, will all of our clothing we designed fit the same?
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:07 am by Jazzy

Can't wait for the new features!

And yeah I have the same question.
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:53 am by Leandra

The clothes will still fit the model is just getting a bit of an update to help clean it up a bit, the overall shape won't change though and everything will still fit :)
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:27 am by phantom

Happy new year everyone! I am super excited about DSU. I haven't heard about the HD models yet, but they sound interesting. Can't wait to see everything!
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:50 am by FloraBlossom

I'm most excited for DSU but really I can't wait for all of it!
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:56 am by fray

oooo the dsu sounds really exiting and i would love a new hd model but I have a question:
will the face be changed?
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:25 am by Soap

@Leandra wrote:
The clothes will still fit the model is just getting a bit of an update to help clean it up a bit, the overall shape won't change though and everything will still fit :)

okay c:
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:35 am by Pink

I'm super excited for DSU! c: And the HD models sound really cool~
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:16 am by angelinamc

I can't wait for the HD models:) Looking forward for the other things as well thank you Leandra for all the cool features that your adding to this site:)
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:28 am by mykelbe

Read the society reader last night. Excellent job! Everything sounds full of excitement!!
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:40 am by Chloe

@phantom wrote:
Happy new year everyone! I am super excited about DSU. I haven't heard about the HD models yet, but they sound interesting. Can't wait to see everything!
I think the models are a team perk, but I'm not certain. c:
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:18 pm by Leandra

It will most likely be a team/elite perk and sold in the bank for those who want to buy it. Also the model may have a face change a bit, yes.
I'm also looking for a new site writer right now so those of you who want to apply just comment here with a short article on something on the site, either a feature or how to :)
Post on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:08 pm by Fresno559

They all seem to be great features.
Post on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 am by Soap

The "Make an Offer" option is really awesome! Thanks c:
Post on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:10 pm by Leandra

Update: Looking for a site writer so if you want to apply simply comment here with an article. You can write an article on a site feature or a how to. I will need to hire this new writer by mid January so that they can help with the next Society Reader as well!
Post on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:15 pm by Soap

I'm applying (:
I forgot to apply last time so I will this time around~
Post on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:53 pm by Soap

Here's My Article
I wrote it on the new Offers System. That way, if I were to make it, it can be used for the next Society Reader :)

Offers
By: Soap

A new feature has been added to the Gallery!
Now, all members can offer prices on fashions for sale. This means that if you want to negotiate a price or if a price isn’t listed, you can suggest a point value that you think suits the fashion. Once the seller receives the private message, they will respond with their opinion on your offer and if they don’t agree, they will respond with a negotiation. Once both parties comes to an reasonable price agreement, the seller will move the fashion to the Reservations Gallery where it can be bought at the price you offered. This is an extremely innovative  and easy way of buying and selling your designs, whilst keeping the customer and the seller happy!

All fashions in the gallery are able to be offered on, no matter what Rank the member is or what Gallery it’s featured in - providing you have enough points! You can be a member who joined that day or a long term member! If you want your fashion piece to be offer only, when uploading it to the gallery, don’t put anything in the price box.  Make sure you do NOT put 0 in the price box, however, because then people will be able to get your fashion for free and the offering system won’t work for your lovely design!

The Offer System is only in beta mode right now and is in testing,  but if Designers Society members enjoy it, it will become a permanent feature of the gallery.  Be sure to share your opinions on this new feature on Leandra’s Blog post!

The Offer System is operated by Help Team member PinkSparkles10, Leandra (the admin) and Fashion Team member Soap. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask them on the official forum.
Good luck with your sales!

Last edited by Soap on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting mishap c:)
Post on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm by fray

hey why not
ill probably make another one later but here you go just in case i dont get to that
um here is my article:

also i have some experience with photoshop if thats needed~

Last edited by fray on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:47 am by phantom

I'd like to apply for site writer :)

My Application:

(I know it's a bit long, I can write shorter articles if needed.)
Post on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 am by FloraBlossom

Oooo, I know I don't really have a shot at it, but I should at least try, right?
I also have a bunch of ideas of what to do for the Society Reader :)
Application:

Post on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

My Article::

Post on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:20 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Does a site writer do other things in the magazine other than simply write articles?
E.g. make the pages look pretty with backgrounds etc...
Post on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:22 pm by Soap

@ArtisticBiscuit wrote:
Does a site writer do other things in the magazine other than simply write articles?
E.g. make the pages look pretty with backgrounds etc...
As far as I know, they do add designs to the magazine in stuff. Site Artists do most of the magazine art, though.
Post on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:40 pm by Leandra

If they want they can choose to help design the reader pages. Also everyone have applications in by Sunday night so I can choose one on Monday :)
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion