Return to Designers Society Guest Home
HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in

Flash: January

AuthorMessage
Leandra
Owner
Personal Description : Say what you mean.
Diamonds Diamonds : 193

Happy New Year to Everyone! We will be starting off the new year and new month with one of our biggest new features. The DS University will be unveiled this month, with enrollment starting in just a few days. We will also be bringing an updated version of the model template out so that you all can have an even better overall look. The new Society Reader has also been released with many up coming features being announced in short detail. Hope to see you all often and that you start the new year here at Designers Society!

Update: Looking for a site writer so if you want to apply simply comment here with an article. You can write an article on a site feature or a how to. I will need to hire this new writer by mid January so that they can help with the next Society Reader as well!

Last edited by Leandra on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.designerssociety.net
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which feature are you looking forward to most?
Model Update
20%
 20% [ 9 ]
HD Models
22%
 22% [ 10 ]
New Society Stores
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
DS University
28%
 28% [ 13 ]
New Design Packs
28%
 28% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 46

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Flash: January Comments

Re: Flash: January
Post on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:13 pm by angelinamc

Can't wait to see who will be chosen, read them all and everyone did such a wonderful job, a few of them I really enjoyed reading:)
Post on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 pm by mykelbe

@angelinamc wrote:
Can't wait to see who will be chosen, read them all and everyone did such a wonderful job, a few of them I really enjoyed reading:)
I agree Angelinamc. All well written and detailed. Great job guys!
Post on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:20 pm by Jazzy

I'm deciding whether to apply..
Post on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:37 am by Chloe

@Soap wrote:
@ArtisticBiscuit wrote:
Does a site writer do other things in the magazine other than simply write articles?
E.g. make the pages look pretty with backgrounds etc...
As far as I know, they do add designs to the magazine in stuff. Site Artists do most of the magazine art, though.

As a writer, you have the option to either send in your articles as text, or you can just make the full pages (which is what i do.) but you must provide a PSD/sumo file so it can be edit.

So kind of, but like soap said - site artists + leandra do the stuff like that
Post on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:11 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Shame i'd prefer to do an actual page or two in the magazine, like add a background and use pictures to back up what is written.
Even if it's edited on the magazine site later.

I understand the artists would create the outfits used. But, I'm talking about actually creating the page to look nice even if others submit the pictures to include.
Post on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:41 pm by Jazzy

Artists don't just create the outfits. Designing the page is their job. The job of the site writer is to write the articles.
Post on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:41 pm by Jazzy

Here's my article:

Last edited by Jazzy on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Post on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm by Leandra

The site artists create the overall look of things like the magazine pages or creating images and such. Also like I said the person I choose can have the option to just send me the article and I or the artist design the page, or they can work on it themselves if they make a jilster and I make them editor on the pages(or could just design the page using the design studio).
Post on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 pm by ArtisticBiscuit

Oh right...
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:21 am by Jazzy

You're choosing the writer tomorrow right?
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 am by phantom

Can't wait to see who gets the position <3
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:29 pm by Leandra

Okay drum roll everyone... I've decided to choose two writers! Soap and jazzy who both did a great job on their articles and will do wonderful on the future society readers. Everyone had great submissions so it was really hard for me to choose. Thank you everyone and congrats to both of you!
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:40 pm by angelinamc

A BIG CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU:)
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm by fray

yay congrats ahh both of your articles were so nice im exeited for the new SR c:
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm by Tammy

CONGRATULATIONS WOO
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 pm by Jazzy

Thank you so much everyone!! :D
Post on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm by Soap

'
omg i was actually picked
THANK YOU<3
congrats to jazzy as well c:
Post on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:27 am by phantom

Congrats Jazzy and Soap! You guys are going to make fabulous articles <3
Post  by Sponsored content

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Mod Tools:

Need Help?
"Designers Society is about girls and women alike joining Together, supporting Eachother, and becoming Friends
in a Society of Designers."
-Leandra, Creator/Owner
Code Rewards | Earn Diamonds, Points & Ranks | Contact the Owner | Purchase Points | Help Center | Forumotion